Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liddell has trouble articulating himself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of my friends who did a lot of NHB or Gracie Challenge fights in the 1990's have the shakes, or other bizarre neurological problems, herniated discs, etc.

Remember that, and make good choices.

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/disturbing-video-chuck-liddell-slurring-words-mma/

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post

Most of my friends who did a lot of NHB or Gracie Challenge fights in the 1990's have the shakes, or other bizarre neurological problems, herniated discs, etc.

Remember that, and make good choices.

https://middleeasy.com/mma-news/disturbing-video-chuck-liddell-slurring-words-mma/
    The massive amount of drugs and booze are pretty big problems. Thats why he quit talking for a second. He was about to say he partied too much.... but caught himself. The head injuries are not good either.

Comment

That’s a shame, I feel for him there was just a large seminar up my way recently for a guy who had developed CTE.

I don’t know. It’s awful, but we never needed doctors to tell us getting punched in the face was unhealthy.

I wonder if it’s the fight that causes more trauma or the sparring for the fight that does? Figure a concussion a week is hardly uncommon in an 8 week camp...

Comment

Originally posted by Gumby View Post
        That’s a shame, I feel for him there was just a large seminar up my way recently for a guy who had developed CTE.

I don’t know. It’s awful, but we never needed doctors to tell us getting punched in the face was unhealthy.

I wonder if it’s the fight that causes more trauma or the sparring for the fight that does? Figure a concussion a week is hardly uncommon in an 8 week camp...
        Concussions are low in training at professional boxing camps.

We can do better in MMA training environments than a concussion a week...
        Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 10/26/2018 7:04pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
          The massive amount of drugs and booze are pretty big problems. Thats why he quit talking for a second. He was about to say he partied too much.... but caught himself. The head injuries are not good either.
          In my circle of old timers, people either tend to go too hard or teetotal.

Extreme in either direction, which seems congruent with their general life patterns.

Comment

We can do better in MMA training environments that a concussion a week...

Comment

yea.... thats how you become a retard. notice how grapplers can fight until 40 and still look good and Strikers always look like their skills fell off a cliff around that time? Too much brain rattling in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

Comment

3-4 years back I worked on a project with a customer for a new liner for football helmets. We had Riddel sending us the helmets and doing the testing. Never could get the weight down and the project died.

Did get a lot of info from the project. It's the rotational hits that do the most damage. Getting punched in the jaw would add up I'd think. Even hard sparring to some degree. It's accumulative with time and severity.

Self? Kickboxing but more so repeated dumps from the dirt bike days. Maybe Bourbon too. Been told by skillet wielding wife about slurring. Okay, skillet is a jest.
                  Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

I met Chuck. He was super nice and interrupted his dinner with two breath taking girls at a very nice place in Vegas to take a picture with me. It helped that the Senior VP of the UFC was the one to ask him to do so,but still.... He could have said no.

Comment

I definitely feel slower than I did before the three concussions I got in 2015.

Comment

The last one I got I was fishing. Slipped o a rock, hit the back of my head. Was afraid I was going to fall in the river. Not a small river, either.

Iv had so many, I know what it feels like.

Was fucked for at least 2 weeks. Told my kids right away, needed help to the truck. Was quite the climb....

Last year, I think...snagging Kolanee...

Take care. Not sure it's worth it.

***edit
                        The Surreal feeling...I'm laying there I'm sliding towards River it's like A 5 feet drop off of the Rocky ledge.

I'm thinking (such a different kind of thinking, not really cognitive kind of "thinking", like when you're oxygen-deprived with some son of a b****** knee on your belly, or been slammed to ground, for the umpteenth time, with no hope of escape other than quitting or fainting), to myself son number 2 all of 12 years old and 80 pounds, is 50 yards downstream, away he knows where I am , he will jump in and try to save me. and he won't even hesitate, then we both drown...its a cold fucking river, hypothermia is a few minutes at most.

So I look the motherfucker in the eye again and tell him, not yet, asshole. I know you love me, but not yet. I've got commitments to keep. Our time will come.
                        Last edited by BKR; 10/26/2018 11:33pm, .
                        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Chuck isn't always the best in interviews. That one on the morning show is a classic!

But he said in his own words there. His years hitting as a linebacker probably didn't help either. After this fight, there'd be nothing wrong with just hitting pads, and doing more grappling.

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X