Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Pro Tips" video series: Brain storming some suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pro Tips" video series: Brain storming some suggestions.

So I was thinking about starting a new youtube video series I want to call "MA Pro-Tips", where we dissect basic problems in martial arts Grappling, Striking and MMA. I wanted to get some ideas on where to go with future episodes as I already know where I want to go with the first five. Any ideas?

Basic striking guard and general stand up defense.

Washing hair, answering phone, checking kicks.

Comment

What do you mean by problems?

Comment

Hmm...like little technical epiphanies?

A lot of top level guys in MMA are off balance due to their weight being on the wrong foot. So footwork?

Tips on feinting and taking advantage of the same...

That the sort of thing you're looking for?

Comment

Defeating the downward elbow. I recently had that argument again.
          Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

Originally posted by Tramirezmma View Post
            Hmm...like little technical epiphanies?

A lot of top level guys in MMA are off balance due to their weight being on the wrong foot. So footwork?

Tips on feinting and taking advantage of the same...

That the sort of thing you're looking for?
            Yes something like this.

Comment

Shooting distance, head movement, angles?

Comment

Contracts sponsorships and dealing with promoters.
                Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Comment

I'd love to see your Leg Lock entries from Standing when strikes are involved and tips you have for that.

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                    I'd love to see your Leg Lock entries from Standing when strikes are involved and tips you have for that.
                    That'd be great but what I was thinking was tweaking the basics that everybody knows so they can add to what they may already know. Cross referencing from other styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
                      That'd be great but what I was thinking was tweaking the basics that everybody knows so they can add to what they may already know. Cross referencing from other styles.
                      So no to Grape Vines from the Clinch?

I think I would be interested in seeing some different takes on "rides", especially in the context of MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
                        Contracts sponsorships and dealing with promoters.
                        Seconded. That would be an amazing resource, given your real world experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
                          Oh ok. I understand. Then I recommend footwork and generating angles to attack.

Comment

How basic do you want? I'm terrible at everything, so, speaking from a grappling perspective, I struggle with:

Bridging between drilling and live rolling. Just drill more?

Retaining position. Seems like escape, sweep and improve get a lot more attention than holding the other guy down.

Scramble strategy. When you break contact, and both guys do not opt to retake a base position, how do? All improvisation, or do you have a hierarchy of responses?

I'm sure there are others, I'm bad at lots of things.
                            "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                            DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                            Originally posted by Devil
                            Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                            Originally posted by Plasma
                            At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                            Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                            Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                              How basic do you want? I'm terrible at everything, so, speaking from a grappling perspective, I struggle with:

Bridging between drilling and live rolling. Just drill more?

Retaining position. Seems like escape, sweep and improve get a lot more attention than holding the other guy down.

Scramble strategy. When you break contact, and both guys do not opt to retake a base position, how do? All improvisation, or do you have a hierarchy of responses?

I'm sure there are others, I'm bad at lots of things.
                              In the cue so far is "Trouble shooting the armbar series."
                              1. For gi
                              2. For No gi
                              3. For MMA

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X