Boxing V Muay Thai (hands only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shard
    Punching Hard in a test =\= Being able to land that punch on a resisting opponent.

So not only do the MT fighters "you know", not incorporate boxing, they also suck at striking? You know alot of shitty MT fighters...

And yes, i'm interested in what you mean by incorporate boxing.
    thats not what i said, i said they are sloppy strikers, they dont look for openings they just try to bash through the gaurd, which isnt always bad, but i didnt say they suck.

Comment

i always thought that was called making an opening :p

Comment

When I began muay thai, I had never taken a boxing class of any sort, not even a kickboxing class or any other martial arts, I was a complete noob. After one month or two of lazy training (lazy=twice a week...), the coach told me I had a good boxing (and a right hand of d00m). But I have to admit that most of the other dudes I was training with had sloppy punches, sloppy to decent, except that other guy who used to fight a damn lot (on t3h str33t). Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've never really liked fighters who couldn't box for shit, I don't like fighters who only rely on kicks and knees. Hence why I don't watch muay thai fights a lot. That and the music, I can't bear it.

Comment

my coach says the music is an incentive so that people end the fights quicker

Comment

Originally posted by Sokaku
            When I began muay thai, I had never taken a boxing class of any sort, not even a kickboxing class or any other martial arts, I was a complete noob. After one month or two of lazy training (lazy=twice a week...), the coach told me I had a good boxing (and a right hand of d00m). But I have to admit that most of the other dudes I was training with had sloppy punches, sloppy to decent, except that other guy who used to fight a damn lot (on t3h str33t). Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've never really liked fighters who couldn't box for shit, I don't like fighters who only rely on kicks and knees. Hence why I don't watch muay thai fights a lot. That and the music, I can't bear it.
            It's pretty much the same in any gym. I see plenty of fighters in my gym who my six year old kid brother could beat in a poker game - that's how bad they telegraph their moves (their face squints, mouth tightens, they move to a 1-2-2 rhythm). I, too, dislike watching any combat art with poor punching. Then again, I'm naturally good at punching as a result of my build, so perhaps I'm a bit biased.

BTW, twice a week ain't lazy at all. Unless your workout's lazy.

Comment

im the other way, i love watching someone who is a master of kicks and the clinch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=einZ010-cb0

buakaw pow pow

Comment

Well, we didn't say we didn't appreciate a good kicker. We just don't appreciate kickers who can't punch for shit.

Then again, Buakaw can punch. I give big props to him for learning some hand skills as shown in his fight against Souwer.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X