No announcement yet.

Boxing V Muay Thai (hands only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you know the judges are looking for something in particular then obviously you are gonna train harder in it. people train to win fights not lose.

Comment

Well sure, but have judges affected fighting development in the different styles, or are they pretty much just judging what's always been going on? It's the whole chicken and the egg. Is scoring driving style progression, or is it following? (Or in the case of this thread, driving or following the use of hands) As I said, I really just have no idea.

Comment

it changes. can depend on the judges personal bias or, well, anything really. what i said above are just general trends and like fashion can change over time (i dont know what the 80s would look like as far as judging goes though)

Comment

Fair enough. I'll shut my yap and quit reading so much into things I know nothing about now...as you were.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
            how the fuck can someone who takes TKD say that any other style has sloppy punches? shit dude, compared to tkd every other style is muhammad ali personified when it comes to punching.

heres my broad statement of the day-

most tkd people i know over the internet are fucking morons.
            i said most of the Muay Thai fighters "I KNOW" that dont incorperate "boxing" have pretty sloppy striking. didnt generialize a whole martial art. know go fuck a dingo. And my TKD class incorperates Boxing, yea most TKD students cant punch worth shit but some schools teach all right

Comment

when you say "incorporates boxing" what exactly does that mean? its a line ive heard before and in that case it meant diddly shit.

Comment

WELL ON THAT FIGHT SCIENCE SHOW THE TKD GUY PUNCHED ALMOST AS HARD AS THE BOXER SO I THINK THAT SHOULD SAY SOMETHING AM I RITE?
                Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Well Serkan matched Masato's boxing skill so that should say something.
                  I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidspatula
                    WELL ON THAT FIGHT SCIENCE SHOW THE TKD GUY PUNCHED ALMOST AS HARD AS THE BOXER SO I THINK THAT SHOULD SAY SOMETHING AM I RITE?
                    are you serious?????

Comment

Punching Hard in a test =\= Being able to land that punch on a resisting opponent.

So not only do the MT fighters "you know", not incorporate boxing, they also suck at striking? You know alot of shitty MT fighters...

And yes, i'm interested in what you mean by incorporate boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatality Dragon
                        i never actually saw that match, do you have a link to it? i love watching serkan fight. UGLY motherfucker but man he goes for it

edit- just watched it, found a bunch of his fights on youtube. i wouldnt say he matched masato, although masato wasnt doing a whole lot of boxing anyway just punishing serkans crap checking skill. still good punches though. needs to work on his haircut the most :/
                        Last edited by alex; 8/30/2006 2:55am, .

Comment

i never actually saw that match, do you have a link to it? i love watching serkan fight. UGLY motherfucker but man he goes for it

edit- just watched it, found a bunch of his fights on youtube. i wouldnt say he matched masato, although masato wasnt doing a whole lot of boxing anyway just punishing serkans crap checking skill. still good punches though. needs to work on his haircut the most :/

It has been a long time since I last saw that match, but if I remebered correctly, at first Masato tried to box with him him and it wasn't getting anyone anywhere. So they both start to fight differently and Masato finally found Serkan's weakness.

I agree, Serkan's fight is awesome, I would like to see him in K-1 Max more often, he alway put on a great fight and he have huge heart.
                          I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Comment

Originally posted by Fatality Dragon
                            I think that says that Serkan does kickboxing training.
                            Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

no doubt. the saddest thing about people using him as a pin up boy for tkd is that 99.9% of tkd guys would never train in the fashion he does. I had some training footage of him somewhere and it was basically KB training.

Comment

no doubt. the saddest thing about people using him as a pin up boy for tkd is that 99.9% of tkd guys would never train in the fashion he does. I had some training footage of him somewhere and it was basically KB training.
                                Yeah, I was pretty sure Serkan Yilmaz didn't spend his time kicking flippers and doing those rediculous TKD speed drills (like the TKD guy in fight science did during the speed test). Regardless of the style field, every K-1 guy's training footage I've seen has looked basically the same.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X