Clear All

• Lights Out
    replied
    Word.

Leave a comment:

• VikingPower
    replied
    Originally posted by Beaton Yu
    One of the folks from Bullshido who swear groin shots don't work should really send Bas an email or something. I'd hate to see him get hurt trying that ineffective move.
    Bas is the divine incarnation of a war god though, he can do whatever he want and get away with it simply because he is Bas Rutten.

Leave a comment:

• mrblackmagic
    replied
    No roshamboing in your elementary school, huh?
    Last edited by mrblackmagic; 7/01/2006 1:45pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Beaton Yu
    replied
    One of the folks from Bullshido who swear groin shots don't work should really send Bas an email or something. I'd hate to see him get hurt trying that ineffective move.

Leave a comment:

• ChanceDuBois
    replied
    What a suprise, Bas advocates pre-emptive striking from a verbal fence.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    BAS RUTTEN RETURNS - SIGNS WITH WORLD FIGHTING ALLIANCE TO FIGHT KIMO JULY 22

Sorry if this has been posted before.

Bas fights Kimo

I can't wait.
    Last edited by Steve; 6/29/2006 2:56pm, . Reason: fix title, it was too long

Leave a comment:

• Lights Out
    replied
    Aye, I was looking through his vids on youtube and some of them said pancrase, found out later.

Hits with a closed fist to the head are forbidden, right? Not that it would be advisable to do so without gloves, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteShark
    replied
    PANCRASE!

Leave a comment:

• Lights Out
    replied
    A slightly longer version of the video here.

You just have to love this guy.

Another video of Bas Rutten. This time it's a highlight. Most the fight excerpts shown are in a ring without gloves, could anybody tell me which kind of competition those are from and, more or less what are the rules? Is that puroresu?
    Last edited by Lights Out; 6/29/2006 10:31am, .

Leave a comment:

• VikingPower
    replied
    DaChink is right. I just watched it the other day.

It's very much more a brawling type of style than geared towards self defense for everyone. His main tools for striking are headbutts, fists, elbows, knees, and groin kicks. He does some stand-up grappling and a lot of counters to basic attacks (bear hugs, two-hand choke, grab and punch, etc.) with some of the counters being some nice slams and whatnot. He goes over a small bit of grappling too.

It's mostly worth it just to see Bas in action and hear him talk, he's a funny dude. I still love the part where he's defending against a rear hair grab and he's saying "Yeah, yeah, Bas has no hair but just PRETEND!"

Leave a comment:

• DaChinkOfSteel
    replied
    "Street Fighting" is a very appropriate title for it because it's certainly not "self-defense"...most of his techniques in this video are very geared towards people who already train, are moderately strong, and have a certain amount of athleticism...some woman middle-aged housewife probably wouldn't be able to handle herself very well using a lot of the grappling or takedown/throwing techniques...

That aside, Bas is pretty funny in it...he definitely has a lot of charisma and it carries forward onto his screentime outside of Pride commentating...

Leave a comment:

• VikingPower
    replied
    I just bought this DVD for like $15 off of Ebay, I plan on watching it today.

Leave a comment:

• supercrap
    replied
    Fucking bloody super amazing brilliant.

I love Bas.

On a side note I just recently watched the Smashing Machine documentary. Bas's supreme coolness also radiates from that movie.

Leave a comment:

• pariah
    replied
    Originally posted by DerAuslander108
    You're an idiot.
    Yes, yes he is.

Leave a comment:

• DerAuslander
    replied
    Originally posted by jzs
    Shattering someone's knee merely because they called your wife a name, and striking someone repeadetly beacuse they merely wanted your seat are somewhat irresponsible (understatement of the century) things to teach to others.
    You're an idiot.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X