72-year-old Former Boxer Wins Over Knife-Wielding Robber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

72-year-old Former Boxer Wins Over Knife-Wielding Robber

Obviously had this taken place on the street instead of his house, he would have had to have used RBSD training or ninjutsu instead of a sissy sports martial art.

Pictured: The battered and bruised face of a burglar who got on the wrong side of a 72-year-old former boxer

A knife-wielding burglar had a shock when he attacked a pensioner in his home - and discovered his victim was a retired boxer.

Senior citizen Frank Corti, 72, a former junior boxing champion is still a bit handy with his dukes.
    Link

Credit to nightowl for the article find.
    Attached Files

Heh, nice article find.

I front paged it!

Comment

Gran Torino, anyone?

Comment

Further interviews shed new information that the robber trained in the Chun for about 10 years. Frank Corti said that when he saw the telltale Chun guard and pigeon-toed stance, that was his cue to launch with the rapid hooks on the inside.

Comment

Lol
          "i had to subdue him by punching him"

Comment

Originally posted by PizDoff View Post
            Heh, nice article find.

I front paged it!
            Haha thanks- I thought that I had noobed out for a second there when I saw the label...and because it was comedic gold the first time:

*ahem* Fortunately for this guy he faced the attacker in his house on not on the street, otherwise he would have had to have used RBSD training or Ninjutsu as opposed to a sissy sports martial art. /lame troll

Comment

Originally posted by dwkfym View Post
              Lol
              "Stay still while I finish subduing you, sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by dwkfym View Post
                Lol
                Real men don't grapple, they just take the striking to the ground

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl View Post
                  Real men don't grapple, they just take the striking to the ground
                  LMAO! Love it

Comment

This guy is my new hero!

Comment

Originally posted by Rask View Post
                      Gran Torino, anyone?
                      That's exactly what came to mind!

Comment

This reminds me of a similar story in Dagenham recently, which featured a 70-year-old man (also an ex-boxer) punching out a chav who tried to rob him at an ATM. It's rather sad that the old gits tend to have much more bottle than the younger ones - that's probably why so much of the UK is a shit-hole. Still, all power to the Grandperes Du Guerre.

Comment

LOL

He should be the badass of the mounth!

Comment

Excellent.

Like this 78YO Aussie ex-boxer, also covered here, who objected to the tactics of a couple repo men.

The trouble began when the men began shoving home-owner Ted Fergussen's partner, Maria. Mr King intervened.

"This chap said, 'Get out of the way, you silly old goat' to Trevor," Mr Fergussen, 56, said. "Trevor took him out with one punch. After knocking out the man, Mr King sat down at the kitchen table and said, "I could go a cup of tea."

Mr Fergussen said the men, who were "25 at most and built like front-row footballers", had underestimated Mr King, unaware he was NSW featherweight champion from 1952 to 1954.

"This fellow had a go at me so I inadvertently threw my right hand and he collided with it."
                            *snicker*

Comment

Also remember Ken Buchanan, one of the hardest boxers Britain ever produced, beating to a pulp a man who climbed into his bed naked with the intention of sexual assault. Buchanan was only 52 at the time, but was suffering from angina, alcoholism and depression at the time of the attack. Unpleasant business.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X