Amputee Kyle Maynard MMA Debut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amputee Kyle Maynard MMA Debut

It is beyond doubt that overcoming extreme adversity is the sign of great character. But in some cases, your character can outreach the grasp of your limitations.

And that's generally when bad things happen. From the Official News Release:

Attached Files

As insensitive as it may sound, it's hard not to suspect this is an April Fools joke.

Comment

Whoever wins, we lose...

Comment

One of two things will happen:

1. Guy somehow "wins" by gaining positional dominance for the entire length of the fight, and his opponent is ostracized for losing to a congenital amputee.

2. Guy loses BADLY, and his opponent is ostracized for beating up a congenital amputee.

Either way, would you take the fight?

Comment

Im trying to invisage some sort of way for him to win other than lay n pray.

Comment

What's worse is the fact that Maynard will most likely not have to worry about kicks, per the rules against kicking a downed opponent. I'm not even trying to be witty here, I seriously do not see how a credible sanctioning body would allow this to take place.

Comment

This has got to be a joke. Who is he supposed to fight? Their is just no way I can see this happening.

Comment

Even if the guy wins over Maynard, he will still loose

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                  What's worse is the fact that Maynard will most likely not have to worry about kicks, per the rules against kicking a downed opponent. I'm not even trying to be witty here, I seriously do not see how a credible sanctioning body would allow this to take place.
                  his advantages when he has the rather obvious handicap of not having limbs, but the simple facts are that
                  1. allowedone side

Comment

I seem to be one of the few that support his fighting and I would actually take the fight against him. Either this kid has a bunch of yes men around him and he needs a reality check or he is a certified badass and should be taken seriously.

Comment

I have a sneaking suspicious that Kyle maybe, just maybe, actually knows what he's doing and has been preparing for a mixed martial arts fight under a mixed martial arts coach.
                      Just maybe.

Comment

I train in GA and this guy has actually come to my gym before. I wasn't there, but I've heard that he actually has some sneaky chokes and can finish a fight.

If you have ever been a larger guy dealing with a smaller guy who knows how circle around to your back then you can understand his advantage. He gets takedowns and side control pretty skillfully (very hard to put him in guard after takedown) , and can finish with the aforementioned chokes.

My opinion is that he is an inspiration, and his jits is all hips which at its core is what jiu jitsu should be. Should he be fighting? Up to him. Nobody is forcing the opponent to take him on either.

But would I do it? Hell no. Like most people have said it would annoy me that the rules would severely limit my offense and even if you did manage to beat him up then your still an asshole.

Comment

We've had a thread on this guy before, complete with commentary on the unique rules-holes that make this practical and with testimony from someone who wrestled with him quite a bit.

But I'm too lazy to search for it. Screw you guys.

Comment

This is bizarre. I can only see bad things coming. But one thing is for sure, I want to see the video of the match!!

Comment

Bahahaha

MMA has finally met it's match, a congenital amputee.

Sucks when your own rules start working against you :lol:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X