Another UFC Fighter Found Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another UFC Fighter Found Dead

Justin Eilers was found shot and killed on Christmas night -- the second MMA fighter to die in a week.

Eilers died of a single gunshot wound to the chest, according to KIVI TV in Idaho. James Malec, the suspect, is reportedly the boyfriend of Eilers' mom. Malec has been arrested and charged with second degree murder and held on $1 million bail.

According to Sherdog.com, Eilers had a career fighting record of 19-7-1 and went 1-3 in the UFC.

On December 18, Justin Levens and his wife were found dead from gunshot wounds in a home in Laguna Niguel, Calif.

Wow. They're starting to drop like over-40 pro wrestlers...except not from 'roid abuse, but violence.

Comment

This is terrible. My condolences to his family.

Comment

Hmm... I wonder how they managed to escalate to the point of one man needing to shoot the other?

Condolences to the family.

Comment

It's just a damn shame when young people die violent deaths.

Comment

Holy shit...what the hell's going on? I really have to ask what the purpose of killing them was. I hope this isn't the latest version of, "I killed an idol I'm famous."

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaFoxtrot51
              Holy shit...what the hell's going on? I really have to ask what the purpose of killing them was. I hope this isn't the latest version of, "I killed an idol I'm famous."
              That would imply that they killed someone people would have heard of. No one other than UFC fans know who Eilers is.

Comment

so sad

Comment

What a waste.

Comment

Dollars to donuts his defense is that he feared for his life cuz Eilers is an "ultimate fighter."

Comment

I thought the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by gr81disp
                        Dollars to donuts his defense is that he feared for his life cuz Eilers is an "ultimate fighter."
                        That wouldn't explain why he also shot Eilers wife.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if a motive comes to light.

Comment

According to this article

at sher dog the cops think L Justin Levens and his wife was a murder suicide thing. With opioids involved and the pre- fight drug screen failure it is plausible.

Eilers was shot by mother's boyfriend. . .domestic despute is the sited reason there

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X