• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juko-Kai Legal Updates

Juko-Kai founder
    ordered to pay
    $50,000 in harassment, forgery case

WHEATON, IL -- Rod Sacharnoski, founder of Juko-Kai, International, was ordered to pay $50,000 damages for
    telephone harassment and forgery on Thursday, Oct. 23, in the 18th Judicial Circuit Court of DuPage County.
    After hearing testimony and reviewing hundreds of pages of evidence in the
    case, Judge Kenneth A. Abraham ordered Sacharnoski to pay $50,000 in compensatory
    and punitive damages to Don Cunningham. A judo instructor and former competitor,
    Cunningham is a well-known lecturer and author of two books on the history of
    traditional Japanese martial arts.

The original complaint alleges that Sacharnoski frequently contacted the Aurora, IL, resident "with the intent to abuse, threaten, and harass." The second count charges that Sacharnoski forged the plaintiff's name on subscription requests for magazines and other services. Further, the complaint alleges the defendant also conspired with other parties to commit these felonies and to intimidate and annoy Cunningham.
    Sacharnoski is the leader of a Texas-based martial arts association.
    According to his web site, Juko-Kai has various divisions including ninpo arts and is allegedly authorized by Masaaki Hatsumi of the Bujinkan, an international martial arts organization based on ninja mythology. Sacharnoski and his
    followers were recently featured in Discovery Channel documentaries
    demonstrating "Combat Ki" by kicking and punching each other in the groin and throat.

http://www.e-budokai.com/jukokai/index.htm

[Edited by Admin for Front Page News]

lol @ "combat ki"

Comment

WTF is that?

Comment

Getting a default judgment against you is like going to a fight and letting the other guy just beat you down, and in this case, into a $50,000 bloody pulp. Insurance doesn't cover this, it has to come out of his pocket!

Comment

Juko-Kai founder
          ordered to pay
          $50,000 in harassment, forgery case

WHEATON, IL -- Rod Sacharnoski, founder of Juko-Kai, International, was ordered to pay $50,000 damages for
          telephone harassment and forgery on Thursday, Oct. 23, in the 18th Judicial Circuit Court of DuPage County.
          After hearing testimony and reviewing hundreds of pages of evidence in the
          case, Judge Kenneth A. Abraham ordered Sacharnoski to pay $50,000 in compensatory
          and punitive damages to Don Cunningham. A judo instructor and former competitor,
          Cunningham is a well-known lecturer and author of two books on the history of
          traditional Japanese martial arts.

The original complaint alleges that Sacharnoski frequently contacted the Aurora, IL, resident "with the intent to abuse, threaten, and harass." The second count charges that Sacharnoski forged the plaintiff's name on subscription requests for magazines and other services. Further, the complaint alleges the defendant also conspired with other parties to commit these felonies and to intimidate and annoy Cunningham.
          Sacharnoski is the leader of a Texas-based martial arts association.
          According to his web site, Juko-Kai has various divisions including ninpo arts and is allegedly authorized by Masaaki Hatsumi of the Bujinkan, an international martial arts organization based on ninja mythology. Sacharnoski and his
          followers were recently featured in Discovery Channel documentaries
          demonstrating "Combat Ki" by kicking and punching each other in the groin and throat.
          Last edited by Deadpan Scientist; 11/23/2003 11:14am, .

Comment

Bullcra*p

What a load of nonsense..
            Take a look at the posted paper.
            No docket signature or seal from the court
            Just because this idiot says it's so doesn't make it so.
            Let just see if such a thing exists for real.
            The idiot is trying to say that people were harrassing him,
            then he pressed charges in another court,
            and because no one showed after being served, (which no one knows anything about,) he wins.
            I think this ebudokai guy is going to be in an awful lot more trouble as a result of this...

Comment

I am dismayed that a court would process such a piece of paperwork, but having been around overworked court systems it is not unknown for them to use such fill in the blank forms, even if they look very shoddy. Since you raised the issue Boarded Stiff and called "Bullshit" why don't you consider contacting this court and asking them if they have such a ruling on record? If they don't post their phone # and I will be happy to call and confirm this fact.

Comment

boredstiff....considering that your only contributions to this forum has been defending juko-kai and 'Professor' Sacharnoski, it's obvious that you are a juko-kai student or teacher. Apparently there's much more to this story that you know than the rest of us, it would be kind of nice to share rather than just shouting out 'bullcrap.' especially since juko-kai pretty much stinks of bullshido, this Sacharnoski fellow is already in a hole.

Comment

boredstiff,
                  I'm with you man! Those documents look about as credible as a Jukokai demonstration!

Comment

I may be wrong but I think Boredstiff IS Rod Sacharnoski.
                    ______
                    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                    -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Is being boredstiff thier secret croch kick defense?
                      And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Someone should sue him for the fake university diplomas too...

Comment

lets kick him in the jimmy!

juko kai is some funny ass shit!

lOL @ the credentials!

Comment

The $50,000 default judgment is for real, Sacharnoski said he never recieved the serving papers. I contacted the compant that Don Cunningham used to deliver the papers and I had them explain their policy and method for identifying the person to be served. From what I was told they either lied to me about their protocol, The guy who served the papers made a HUGE mistake or Sacharnoski isnt being 100 percent honest. Last I heard Sacharnoski was looking into what they can do to negate the ruling. They have also said theit lawyers have advised them not to release any information until after the hearing.
                            Mr Cunninghame and Mr Boeler just recently had the slander law suite Mr Sacharnoski filed against them dismissed January 5th. There was a change of venue in Aug (I believe) and mr Sacharnoski was required to pay $65 to have the papers trasfered to another county and never did. Cunningham and Boeler lost a hearing for dismissal in September so Sacharnoski would have more time to pay the filing fees.

Comment

Boy. Regardless of the huge amounts of evidence pointing toward the inaccuracies in Rod Sacharnoski's background, it's still real easy to find a Juko Kai supporter that will "stand by their Sensei." Remember that the Manson family stood by Charles Manson through his whole ordeal also. One of the classic attributes of a cult.

Yes, Cunningham did win the lawsuit against Sacharnoski for $50,000. During the entire case, Sacharnoski failed to have a lawyer present at any hearing. That gives a little credibility to his statement that he was never served. However, assuming that he was not served properly, he still would have received a copy of the Judges Order in time to file an appeal. He failed to do so. It should be noted that finding a physical address for Sacharnoski was VERY difficult. There are several different listings for him in the Dallas area alone. Perhaps it's for reason's just like this.

He is trying to get the order vacated. Whether he will have any luck or not, remains to be seen. Mr. Cunningham continues to seek collection on the judgement however.

As for the other case......he lost that one too. After months of trying to delay the case, the Cook County Court finally threw it out. He never paid the transfer and filing fees, and from the rumors I have heard, he hasn't paid his attorney's either. That's strange being that he solicited $10,000 from his student body for a retainer. Where did that money go?

His case was pretty thin to begin with. They even went as far as submitting an "unsigned document of Successorship" to prove his rights to Dai Yoshin Ryu.

Click here to see document (PDF)

Rod has done more damage to himself by filing this suit, then the article he is complaining about did. Now he has two check marks in the legal loss column, with the potential of more to come.

Have more questions? Email me.
                              Last edited by jboler; 6/15/2004 5:00am, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X