2007: The Year in Martial Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007: The Year in Martial Arts

This January, we will be announcing the winners of several awards categories for 2007. Supporting Members are currently discussing and voting on them.

Use this thread to post the best and worst images, videos, forums threads, and stories of 2007!

Comment

I nominate myself for comeback poster of the year. I have been a poster here since 2004, haven't posted in THREE years, and now I am back in full force. Come on people, how can you NOT vote for a fightin Penguin?

Comment

Oh shit, sorry for the double post, but I was incorrect. I have been a poster since June 2005, haven't posted in TWO years, and came back in full force. How can you NOT forgive a fightin Penguin for a silly mathematical mistake?

Comment

I thought this was a funny image from page five of the "Akido or Boxing thread." Originally posted by DCS.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/atta...1&d=1199197994

*Edit*

Here's the thread:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63858
          Attached Files
          Last edited by thorthe power; 1/01/2008 8:43am, .

Comment

I would like to nominate:
            - Whoever started the kitten thread
            - Virus for being the all round funniest bastard on the boards
            - Paratrooper for uniting us all in hatred
            - Kat for her endless collection of funny (if sometimes distrubing) pictures and commentary
            - Alex for finally settling down
            - Whoever it was who initiated the last major troll assault on the Ashida Kim boards for adding excitment to our grey little lives
            - JKD Chick for always supplying a counter point to facilitate debate
            - um..... sorry for everyone ive missed

Comment

Whoever it was who initiated the last major troll assault on the Ashida Kim boards for adding excitment to our grey little lives
              That guy's a fag

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
              King, and lord of sin and pride
              With some mist his wits make dark.
              He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! MOTHERFUCKER.

Comment

If there's a best new poster award, it needs to go to Jack Rusher. He's dreamy.
                Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

The nominees for best handling of a bullshidoka are in the video section, correct?
                  Sumus extra manum tuam.

Comment

OOhh! Yes, and I nominate Hedge as number one NINJER KILLER of the year!

That was in 2007 wasnt it? Im losing track.

I still think we need a special "Ninjer Killer" tag for anyone who puts footage of themselves beating up a ninjer up on the boards

Comment

I'd like to nominate "Looking for ex Jung SuWon / Tae Yun Kim Students" (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60586) as the best martial arts cult forum and Tae Yun Kim as the most colorful martial arts cult leader.
                      Last edited by bemused; 1/02/2008 4:06pm, .

Comment

I want to nominate Sensie Al Perry, Mechto, and TheDavis for reminding us all that the umpalumpa is a very tricky but not a very practical move.

Comment

Tiger Klay's Krav Maga/BJJ/NHB: Bullshido Resume?

I would like to nominate this one for most exhaustive !

Comment

I don't think there's any better way to define this year than Osiris pounding JFS. Anthony may have started more threads, and watching Sifu Rudy Abel tap to an Indian rugburn was hilarious, but for sheer concentrated irony, there's nothing like watching a BJJ blue belt demolish an almost cartoonishly evil kung fu master in a fashion pathetic and hilarious in equal turns. It reaffirmed a lot of old cliches we'd been going soft on, created one of the best feuds yet seen on the Internet, and established an addicting "Good vs. Evil" story arc that isn't supposed to exist in real life.

Rookie of the Year goes to Jack Rusher, who introduced himself in the JFS tape as the mediating voice of reason, level-headed and rational up until the very end. Now that he's become a regular poster he's proven to be one of the very, very few CMA apologists on this board whose opinion I respect.

Kat and Ashly for providing consistent entertainment irrespective of whether it's on the board or off. i mean, I've never met them before, but they seem like a couple chill cats. Bonus points for creating a scenario where a random Internet poster (forgot who) attempted to disparage Kat by calling her an "Ecstacy addict".

Best Submission goes to Anthony for submitting KFDW with an Indian rugburn.

Best Article goes to me for writing an amazing article on Isshin-Ryu that all of 20 people read. However, I'm sure those 20 people would all agree it's the best article of the year and far be it from me to deprive my public of what they want.

Get Back in Training Or Get The Fuck Off The Internet goes to Pizdoff, who has either permanently injured his shoulder and can no longer train or is fine and should get back to training. You've been hurt for like five years dude. I'm sure you have more productive things to do with your time than obsessively scavenge the net for news articles about a new karate dojo, or training hall opening in Boise.

Big Retard goes to PointyShinyBurn for being a big retard.
                            Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd
                              I don't think there's any better way to define this year than Osiris pounding JFS. Anthony may have started more threads, and watching Sifu Rudy Abel tap to an Indian rugburn was hilarious, but for sheer concentrated irony, there's nothing like watching a BJJ blue belt demolish an almost cartoonishly evil kung fu master in a fashion pathetic and hilarious in equal turns. It reaffirmed a lot of old cliches we'd been going soft on, created one of the best feuds yet seen on the Internet, and established an addicting "Good vs. Evil" story arc that isn't supposed to exist in real life.

Rookie of the Year goes to Jack Rusher, who introduced himself in the JFS tape as the mediating voice of reason, level-headed and rational up until the very end. Now that he's become a regular poster he's proven to be one of the very, very few CMA apologists on this board whose opinion I respect.

Kat and Ashly for providing consistent entertainment irrespective of whether it's on the board or off. i mean, I've never met them before, but they seem like a couple chill cats. Bonus points for creating a scenario where a random Internet poster (forgot who) attempted to disparage Kat by calling her an "Ecstacy addict".

Best Submission goes to Anthony for submitting KFDW with an Indian rugburn.

Best Article goes to me for writing an amazing article on Isshin-Ryu that all of 20 people read. However, I'm sure those 20 people would all agree it's the best article of the year and far be it from me to deprive my public of what they want.

Get Back in Training Or Get The Fuck Off The Internet goes to Pizdoff, who has either permanently injured his shoulder and can no longer train or is fine and should get back to training. You've been hurt for like five years dude. I'm sure you have more productive things to do with your time than obsessively scavenge the net for news articles about a new karate dojo, or training hall opening in Boise.

Big Retard goes to PointyShinyBurn for being a big retard.
                              Well, I for one cant argue wioth any of these points

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X