Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

When dummies strike back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When dummies strike back

Calif. woman sues over mannequin attack

Fri Aug 18, 5:34 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - A woman is suing the J.C. Penney Co. after an alleged run-in with a store mannequin that she says left her with a cracked tooth, a bloodied head and recurring shoulder pain.

Diana Newton, 51, of Westminster sued the Texas-based retailer last month in Orange County Superior Court, claiming she was cracked in the head by a legless female dummy at its Westminster Mall store.

Newton said the incident happened nearly a year ago in the women's department, as she was shopping for a blouse. The only one in her size was on the mannequin. As a salesclerk was removing the garment, the dummy's arm flew off and struck Newton's head, according to her lawsuit.

"I felt a burning sensation," she recalled.

Paramedics treated her bleeding scalp at the scene. Newton drove herself home, then had someone take her to a hospital for further treatment.

The blow also cracked a molar, which led to a root canal, she said.

The suit seeks unspecified damages.

A spokeswoman for J.C. Penney said the company doesn't comment on pending litigation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060818/...nnequin_attack

_ing _hun stylists everywhere are now wearing mouthguards and headgear when practicing on the mok jong.
    Attached Files
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

See! Who says wing chun is useless?! If she had been studying WC, she would have been able to intercept the attack and chain punch that dummy into oblivion.

Comment

Should I tag the thread with "no one cares" now, or wait for Shuma-Gorath to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
        Should I tag the thread with "no one cares" now, or wait for Shuma-Gorath to do it?
        It seems you couldn't wait young padwan.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningDog
          It seems you couldn't wait young padwan.
          It looks like you put a virus on my computer. I will be contacting the FBI shortly.

Comment

It looks like you put a virus on my computer. I will be contacting the FBI shortly.
            I'm outside their jurisdiction. Now pipe down, sit in the corner and wait for your computer to die.

Comment

They patched me through to the CIA and I alerted them to your terrorist actions. They will be flying you over on a plane, you will not be able to bring any carry-ons.

Comment

They patched me through to the CIA and I alerted them to your terrorist actions. They will be flying you over on a plane, you will not be able to bring any carry-ons.
                Not their jurisdiction either. You want to be calling MI5. Not that they can touch me, I've got contacts all the way to the top. Oh yes. And I was in the SAS. That's right. 30 years, man and boy, THEY'VE GOT NOTHING ON ME, NOTHING, YOU HEAR? ALLAHU-AHKBAAAAAAA!!!!

Comment

Beeing that this type of stuff is probably going to be my bread and butter someday and it's gonna pay my european luxury car and summer house in Algarve, I have to say that it still amazes me how people sue oneanother out of stuff like this. Jesus...maybe I should build a case out of a toast too "toasted" that happened to hurt the inside of my gums...Those Subway guys are on for a doowzy!

Comment

Originally posted by Kokujin
                    Beeing that this type of stuff is probably going to be my bread and butter someday and it's gonna pay my european luxury car and summer house in Algarve, I have to say that it still amazes me how people sue oneanother out of stuff like this. Jesus...maybe I should build a case out of a toast too "toasted" that happened to hurt the inside of my gums...Those Subway guys are on for a doowzy!

Didn't McD's get infamously sued for serving coffee that was 'too hot', and some fucking moron spilled it? They have warnings on their cups and lids because of it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X