Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Where he Exhibited a Dragon Puppet and Lip-synced Words..." ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Elvis
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Frost
    Stuff like this almost makes me want to propose that those who train realistically should just distance themselves from the term "Martial Arts" entirely and leave it to those who want it to be an afterschool dance program that boys can participate in.
    I hate to say it but I never tell people I do martial arts. I tell them I do boxing or fight training or something similar. It still raises questions though! I never say kickboxing either 'cause they think I wear red booties and shit. Bah!

Leave a comment:

• Traditional Tom
    replied
    What the hell are you talking about? I was referring to the sock puppet kata of death.

Leave a comment:

• Otaku Waffle
    replied
    Originally posted by Traditional Tom
    Why hasn't anyone from this forum caught this kind of stuff on tape yet?
    Because it's the kind of material that will end up on National Geographic and they'll sue you for a shitload if you're stealing their vids?

Leave a comment:

• Wounded Ronin
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Frost
    Stuff like this almost makes me want to propose that those who train realistically should just distance themselves from the term "Martial Arts" entirely and leave it to those who want it to be an afterschool dance program that boys can participate in.
    I find myself using the term "unarmed combat" sometimes in conversation when I'm trying to explain to someone why a lot of dojos don't actually teach you self-defense.

Leave a comment:

• Aesopian
    replied
    Next year's Disney's Martial Arts festival is going on tape. I want to immortalize the 3 man musical forms competition.

Leave a comment:

• Traditional Tom
    replied
    Why hasn't anyone from this forum caught this kind of stuff on tape yet?

Leave a comment:

• Phrost
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Feryk
    replied
    I would add in 'Deadliest Dim Mak' and don't forget the ESPN Favorite -- 'Team Katas', complete with chrome bo's and nunchaku. I almost passed out the first time I saw that on my TV.

Leave a comment:

• Chronomorte
    replied
    Future Olympic "Martial Arts" Triathalon: Musical kata, board breaking with head,
    no-contact sparring with points awarded to the most 'creative' moves (cool-looking)

Fricken Taebo world, it wouldn't be so bad if it was just a little offshoot, but it seems
    like fewer and fewer want to embrace the 'martial' side.

Leave a comment:

• grond
    replied
    Funny.

Leave a comment:

• Dochter
    replied
    The fat kid in the picture is wearing capri's.

Just thought it needed to be mentioned.

Things like this is why I tell people I do sub wrestling (usually I don't say anything actually) and get annoyed when my wife says I have to go to martial arts class.

Leave a comment:

• Boogers
    replied
    I wonder how long it will take for it to reach the olympics - synchronised katas. Much like the synchronised cage fighting that you can see on cable. At least WWE knows it is for entertainment, not a martial art! :wrestlerf

Leave a comment:

• AFS
    replied
    just googled "musical kata karate " the amount of crap coming up is endless.
    One competition even had a category " comical pairs "
    WTF is going in that sport?

Leave a comment:

• PizDoff
    replied
    Sweet, got moved to News, and I was contemplating not posting it.
    Glad my coding for emphasis was left in.

Leave a comment:

• AFS
    replied
    on the other hand -
    I am sure my kids class would love it, if I would allow them next time to turn up in their favourite super-hero costume.

I won't

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X