Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer

    Okay, so we all know that cancer is bad. Likewise, we all know that full-contact stickfighting is good.

    Putting these two polar opposites creates ... what? Well, I'm going to tell you. It creates Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer, an annual cancer research fundraiser.



    This year's event (the third) happens this Saturday (also the third) in five different cities. If you can donate, go here.

    I'll be there, along with some of my stalwart students, and I'd be more than happy to cross sticks with any Bullies that show up - I'll be the grey-haired guy with the badger on his fencing mask.

    #2
    Nice, the site says there's a Honolulu event but no link or details.
    Is there actually one here? I can't find anything off hand.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
      Nice, the site says there's a Honolulu event but no link or details.
      Is there actually one here? I can't find anything off hand.
      Not sure, but I'd recommend asking at the BTCOOC facebook page

      Comment


        #4
        LA event's going down tomorrow. I packed my sticks and mask etc in the car this morning. Let's fighting love!

        Comment


          #5
          would love to get involved (My father was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer 2 months ago) but my wifes brother died yesterday from a sudden stroke (yep, been a crap couple of months all told) so I am trying to get us to the Philippines for his funeral,

          I will donate and thanks in advance to everyone who attends and/or donates


          P

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks for the share, post stuff like this earlier and I'd be glad to help spam it.
            Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

            https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by PizDoff View Post
              Thanks for the share, post stuff like this earlier and I'd be glad to help spam it.
              here's the LA event FB page:
              https://www.facebook.com/events/214044882060406/

              Comment


                #8
                And, a video from the Toronto fights. I'm the one wielding the staff, and my student has the double sticks.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Had a good LA event on Saturday, if a bit small. It was in the back of an amazing martial arts supply store that had a huge selection. Semi-outdoor on blue mats. Got to fight with bowie, stick and buckler, 2 handed sword and single stick. Got to play with Pappy Dog and Poi Dog. Good action, no injuries.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hopefully the UK event will make a return next year.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                      Had a good LA event on Saturday, if a bit small. It was in the back of an amazing martial arts supply store that had a huge selection. Semi-outdoor on blue mats. Got to fight with bowie, stick and buckler, 2 handed sword and single stick. Got to play with Pappy Dog and Poi Dog. Good action, no injuries.
                      Yeah, the Toronto venue had about half the fighters as last year - there was a date change, and location change, which probably cut the ranks a bit.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        This is interesting. Who gets the proceeds and donations? Which research is being funded?
                        http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

                        He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by jubei33 View Post
                          This is interesting. Who gets the proceeds and donations? Which research is being funded?
                          I'm not sure about the US or UK venues, but the Canadian venue had all proceeds and donations going to the Canadian Cancer Society. I don't believe it was specifically directed towards any particular branch of research.

                          Comment

                          Collapse

                          Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                          Working...
                          X