No announcement yet.

NAAFA - Douchebag of the Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You also forgot amputation, that'll take chunks off of your body mass very quickly.

Comment

Crappy, sugary, salty and fatty foods are cheaper than eating healthily. Factor in labour costs of cooking things from scratch and it becomes even more so. Cooking is a skill that many don't have, and even if they can cook a few things, being able to cook enough different stuff to feed yourself and possibly others three meals a day and not want to kill yourself from lack of variety (and mediocrity of cusine) is a skill many do not posess. Add in dietary restrictions like gluten allergies, nut allergies, vegitarianism ect and this problem increases manyfold.

Also, there is no group of people more viscerally irritating to be around than anorexics, BDD's and bulemics. I hate them all. Hearing their whining about how they're fat, about how their stupid girlfriends are fat, just generally anything from them makes me want to GnP them to death.

Comment

I think it is a real problem that people give fat people shit over their appearance. I do judo and I used to play rugby as a kid, I've met plenty of fatties in my time who were actually pretty goddamned healthy. There are plenty of people who have perfectly good, functional muscles & organs hidden under a layer of subcutaneous fat, and I have no problem whit these kinds of people.

What really gets on my tits is when I have to deal with some lazy bastard who insists on getting a car ride for a 1k journey, who won't help when shit needs to be moved around the office and freaks out at the sight of a stairwell. Then if you give out you're just being mean to the fat guy, fuck that.

Comment

Ditto, but Im thinking the main issue is the overweight calling it a "lifestyle choice," demanding special treatment, whining when they don't get it, feel there is nothing wrong with their body mass spilling onto my lap on a plane (it happened to me, I did not enjoy it, I was on a 14 hour flight to Thailand and at the end of it all I wanted to put a pillow over the fucker's face more than I wanted to breathe,) and forming an organization to make sure no one hurts their feelings.

Comment

After reading this article, I find it very hard to muster sympathy for fat people. The experts involved say his care has cost around 1 million pounds over the last few years, and that didn't seem to include his 20,000 calorie a day diet. I'm just going to repeat that last part: 20,000 CALORIES A DAY. The manblobthing eats double what top athletes do, and does less than a millionth of the work.

How do you UK bullies feel about that?

Comment

Originally posted by rangerdavy View Post
              After reading this article, I find it very hard to muster sympathy for fat people.
              Most fat people weigh 980 pounds? Obviously, this guy is some sort of genetic freak, but as such is a total outlier.

Of course, if the article about some person who is utterly on the edge of the human experience made you less sympathetic to all overweight people, then I guess The Sun has done its work.

Next up, the one black dude with fifteen kids!

Comment

Nice DBOTM.
                I had the not so lovely experience of some fat bastards smelly armpit hammock-tit thing pressing on my shoulder(his arms were crossed) on a flight last week.
                He shoulda payed for at least 20% of my seat...

Comment

Wow, this thread cursed me.

I saw the second most disgusting fat person feeding habit I've ever seen today.

I skipped breakfast this morning, so I got a sandwich at Subway. Ahead of me is a fat couple, the girl definitely in the obese category, but the guy is super-duper obese.

Both of them are *each* getting one footlong philley cheesesteak (extra cheese of course) with 2 complete 2-egg western omelettes on top (one per 6 inches of sub). Then, after the sandwiches were wrapped up, they expressed regret that they forgot to add sausage patties on top of all that, and got them anyways on the side, to manually add to the sandwiches later...

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
                  Now, to be fair, there are also illnesses that can lead to obesity,
                  like hypothroidism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothyroidism

Not everyone who is fat has to be a glutton.
                  However, I'd say 90% of people of my age at least are.
                  Your thyroid gland has a lot less to do with your weight than people commonly believe, so sayeth my Physiology class anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerdavy View Post
                    After reading this article, I find it very hard to muster sympathy for fat people. The experts involved say his care has cost around 1 million pounds over the last few years, and that didn't seem to include his 20,000 calorie a day diet. I'm just going to repeat that last part: 20,000 CALORIES A DAY. The manblobthing eats double what top athletes do, and does less than a millionth of the work.
                    In a good and just world society would have left that fat fucker to die/t. Those who will not work should not eat, and sure as shit not eat six times the daily amount of the average fatty. I mean, goddamn, and they're actually encouraging this shit by taking care of the bastard.

Hard work is the best work to do to stop being so fat, and it's a good thing that there are kinds of hard work that are actually fun, like grappling, and jump roping. Running, however, fucking sucks and I hate it, but I have to stop up my buttery tears and deal with it, and so should every other chunkster hippopotamottomous who bitches and moans about suffering the barbs of society's scorn.

Also, maofas, that's fucking hideous, and has given me a mental image which will require steel wool of the mind to cleanse. Plus, we all know that the best sub is the veggie delight with salt, pepper, and yellow mustard; cheesesteak is hambeast tier.

Comment

It seems the NAAFA aren't the only ones out there. The Obesity Action Coalition is fighting against increased Ambulance fees for services rendered to the Obese. Of course, we're talking absurdly obese. Ever watch Discovery Health Channel? Yah....THAT obese. These are specialized Ambulances designed to handle patients more than 1,000 lbs.

From MSNBC
                      Ambulances start charging extra for the obese
                      Transporting heavy people can cost more than double

Comment

Originally posted by danniboi07 View Post
                        It seems the NAAFA aren't the only ones out there. The Obesity Action Coalition is fighting against increased Ambulance fees for services rendered to the Obese. Of course, we're talking absurdly obese. Ever watch Discovery Health Channel? Yah....THAT obese. These are specialized Ambulances designed to handle patients more than 1,000 lbs.

From MSNBC
                        Ambulances start charging extra for the obese
                        Transporting heavy people can cost more than double
                        If they don't want to pay for what is rightly extra work/extra services/above and beyound what normal people need, the fuckers should have to buy the fucking ambulance, or at least live on a platform with wheels.

That way when they require the ER, they can just get towed to a local hospital, rather than have some poor fireman chop down the side of the house, and hoist them on an airlift platform while straining his back. Where does this bizzare sense of entitlement come from?

Comment

mha, timely news item flashing 'cross my screen:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...8YuiAD9BGA5KG1

Comment

1. I am not fat, I am horizontally challenged.

2. I should get soap at a cheaper price because I use more of it.

3. 215 pounds would make sense on a heavyweight. In fact, I am a middleweight. There should be a third weight category. "fatassweight."

Comment

I was eating cookies while reading this article. I just busted out the ice cream.

Hmm maybe I should go eat some healthy food... oh wait no, I have a flat stomach, nice pecs, and I usually just sit around and play video games all day.

I'm gonna finish my ice cream, call my hot girlfriend and bang her out.

TAKE THAT YOU FAT BASTARDS!!!

Comment

It's easy to just say "hey fatass, drop the Big Mac." Addressing obesity in the US is not only difficult because it's an addiction and lifestyle but also because socioeconomic factors hinder the trek back to good health.

Your average joe who has to work late hours or a second job to support the family doesn't have the time to cook healthy meals. Even if he did, organic healthy foods are much more expensive than buying the quick garbage at the supermarket. We live in a world driven by corporations who have no regards to the public and the greater good. Even those who are fortunate to have a nice white collar job, sometimes you're still looking at sedentary work (a desk job).

The way exercise is viewed in this country is skewed as well. We have patients come into the clinic who failed in keeping up an exercise regimen, because they saw LA fitness or Ballys commercials on TV, went and got a gym membership and then either got lazy or too tired with trying to get quick results. 30 minutes of walking around the block. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator. We idolize and put professional athletes on such a high pedestal, that we often forget that we don't have to be Lance Armstrong right out of the starting gate. Yes education plays a big role, but these days access and affordability of the proper education is a big issue...

An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure? Not in the US. The majority of the medical infrastructure is in secondary and tertiary care. Primary care has become the hospital ER, in a setting where the respective physicians are not trained nor have the time to do wellness visits or annual physicals. Family practitioners, general internists aren't reimbursed like they were before, and the shift away from primary care is now biting this country in the ass. Public option, government control, preserving capitalism, hybrid systems - all of this is moot argument. Congress can argue till it's blue in the face, but what they don't realize is ANY plan will fail regardless. Our country, society, and healthcare system are all broke beyond repair.

So yeah the battle begins with "put that hamburger down." But that's just a beginning down a long road of hurdles.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X