No announcement yet.

Brock Lesnar - Douchebag of the Month - July 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT doesnt matter. lesner beat the shit out of mir and they both trash talked. after round one and mir got up smiling, he deserved to get his shit tossed. mir just looked stupid and lesner shut him up. he dominated the match and why the crowd boo'd is dumb. for the next min and a half he woulda destroyed mir. wrong choice for this month

Comment

Lesnar is a goof and I can't wait for someone to come along and hand his ass to him.
      I'll be the the first one to cheer when he gets his ass beat.
      Fucking lout has no class and is nothing but a bully.

Comment

Yeah Lesnar is a bully. Picking on all these dudes who've never trained for an actual fight, and never signed a contract in order for a chance against him. When I think of a defenseless victim Randy Couture is one of the first names to come to mind. WTF?

Comment

I havn't watched much MMA, having just got Foxtel, but trashtalking BEFORE a fight is part of pullling in PPV. It has been done at EVERY big name boxing and real wrestling match.

AFTER a fight, its fucking over. Just show respect and let it go. Mir was a bit of a punk, Lesnar shut him up. Then Lesnar continued.

But that dropping punch to a fighter who was down and out was the lowest of the fucking low. If it was not for Lesnars bad sportsmanship, he should have been DMOTH .

Lesnar won in small part due to physical strength, but he trained hard so he wouldn't be the WWE heel.

Let's give him credit for that, and for apologising. People who say his apology was fake are misinformed. Apologising is the same, backing down and admitting you were wrong on TV is hard.

Comment

And TheLordHumungus, I think there is quite a bit of nutriding going on?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordHumungus View Post
              How about the fact that the entire crowd was booing the man who not only won, but dominated the match. Brock just matched the level of class in that stadium.
              Seriously, Brock Lesnar is a fuckin asshole that needs to go walk in front of Dante Stallworth's car. Yes I admit he's talented, but he doesn't need to be white trash about it..... wait a minute, his wife is like 20 years older than him, too late he is white trash. He's got as much class as a pile of dogshit. Show some f'n humility Brock.

Comment

Reading youtube, various blogs, etc. it seems Brock has caused the army of devolved redneck "WWE but real yall" MMA fans who yell "stan' 'em up!" while the rassler in the guard is getting gogoplata-ed, think that laying in someone's guard with no posture should win you the round because "he had top puhsishun" and eat up post-fight shit talk like so many platefuls of grits to grow exponentially. I'd say Brock should get Schilted into a SHW division but then they'd all get on the "they hadda change the rules fer 'um!" bandwagon and that might even be worse...

Comment

Originally posted by gzk View Post
                  Reading youtube, various blogs, etc. it seems Brock has caused the army of devolved redneck "WWE but real yall" MMA fans who yell "stan' 'em up!" while the rassler in the guard is getting gogoplata-ed, think that laying in someone's guard with no posture should win you the round because "he had top puhsishun" and eat up post-fight shit talk like so many platefuls of grits to grow exponentially. I'd say Brock should get Schilted into a SHW division but then they'd all get on the "they hadda change the rules fer 'um!" bandwagon and that might even be worse...
                  Soon it will be "elitist" to root against Brock Lesnar.

You're right about the rules change. I still think they should do it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by RealManOfSteel View Post
                    And TheLordHumungus, I think there is quite a bit of nutriding going on?
                    Yep, I put a saddle on them nuts and am riding into the sunset. I have no problem meeting childish indignation with unrepentant nuthugging.

Comment

Originally posted by Landfill27 View Post
                      Seriously, Brock Lesnar is a fuckin asshole that needs to go walk in front of Dante Stallworth's car. Yes I admit he's talented, but he doesn't need to be white trash about it..... wait a minute, his wife is like 20 years older than him, too late he is white trash. He's got as much class as a pile of dogshit. Show some f'n humility Brock.
                      Having a relationship with someone 10 years older than you makes you white trash? Or is it only if the woman is older? Either way, Fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by madrigan View Post
                        Soon it will be "elitist" to root against Brock Lesnar.

You're right about the rules change. I still think they should do it, though.
                        I think they should too. Let the UFC's "Heavyweights" sleep better at night, lest they should have to face an opponent with some power.

Comment

Everything you have said in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusdbrutus View Post
                            Without a doubt. Beats being a bunch of whiny punks throwing a fit because they can't stand to see a Pro Wrassler demolish their HW division.

Comment

Without a doubt. Beats being a bunch of whiny punks throwing a fit because they can't stand to see a Pro Wrassler demolish their HW division.

Hug Them

Comment

I figure in the heat of the moment, people can get pretty emotional.

Especially with a punk like Mir talking so much shit... I'll give Brock a thumb up and a thumb down for this fight. He showed amazing improvement during the match, replacing the ugly short hammerfists (though he has fists the size of like, hams, he doesn't need to lift them up very high anyway) with patient and more controlled shots.

The apology afterward for the verbal circus was nice too, but as a 'respectable' 'martial artist', most would expect someone to have control over their own actions before they make them or words before they let them escape the mouth--and in the heat of this moment, he lost control. Helps that I never really saw him as a 'martial artist' first anyway, but it's not like I know the guy personally, so w/e.

So... yeah. IMHO, Control over his body and opponent during the fight, excellent. Control over his own words and actions during the thrill of victory, not as much.

I guess it can come back to how to define 'honor' or 'sportsmanship' etc. and what not to begin with; you can't always have it all, so how much should we expect of certain fighters and champions?
                                Last edited by KITAmaru; 7/14/2009 12:55pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X