No announcement yet.

Brock Lesnar - Douchebag of the Month - July 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I agree he is getting better. If its consolation for you, in striking you progress from complete newbie to looking "alright" pretty quickly. Being tricky, stonewall defense, greate foot movement, fast and hard (thought because he is so fucking big it doesn't matter) *usually* takes much longer.

Comment

Nobody booed Anderson Silva when he refused to touch gloves with Henderson.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadmeat View Post
        Having said that, I can't help but feel that some members of the Martial Arts community, who perhaps took up martial arts due to being bullied in school, see Brock as their worst nightmare - the schoolyard bully who they can't defeat by virtue of their training because he is bigger, stronger, and now has comparable skills. I can see how that would be demoralizing.
        I think that your ability to remotely psychoanalyze, and/or read the minds of, martial artists who hate Brock Lesnar is limited or non-existent. It's quite reasonable to consider Lesnar a pompous shithead regardless of one's personal biography.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowdean View Post
          Nobody booed Anderson Silva when he refused to touch gloves with Henderson.
          I can't remember where he refused to touch gloves, but I think it was when the fight had just started. He did however, touch gloves during the staredown beforehand. I could be wrong about this...if I am, he did it vice-versa. Either way is, he touched gloves at least once, and I'm pretty sure he did it before the fight began.

Is it cool to not want to touch gloves once the fight begins? Not really, especially when your opponent wants to. But you've already shown respect once, and some fighters like to start the action straight away. It was a minor awkward moment, not a blatant show of disrespect like Lesnar's.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordHumungus View Post
            I think it was pretty cool of the guy to come out and apologize like that. Both he and Frank did talk a bunch of shit, only one of them backed it up at all. Wonder if Frank's ready to come out and admit he wasn't even in Brock's league.
            Um.... I tend to think that taking a beating and losing is still "backing it up". It's not like Mir ran around defensively a la Kalib Starnes or Michael "I'm amazing at fighting cans" Bisping.

Did Mir get beat? Hell yeah. He got beat by a smarter Lesnar, one who was patient and picked his shots well. Was Mir ready for this? I don't think so. Does that mean he was out of his league? You sir, are an idiot.

Brock fought smart, and Mir seemed to fight thinking that he'd be able to catch the Behemoth making an amateur mistake. Well, Brock tried not to make any mistakes, and for that Mir was simply out-prepared. Not out-leagued.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Off View Post
              I can't remember where he refused to touch gloves, but I think it was when the fight had just started. He did however, touch gloves during the staredown beforehand. I could be wrong about this...if I am, he did it vice-versa. Either way is, he touched gloves at least once, and I'm pretty sure he did it before the fight began.

Is it cool to not want to touch gloves once the fight begins? Not really, especially when your opponent wants to. But you've already shown respect once, and some fighters like to start the action straight away. It was a minor awkward moment, not a blatant show of disrespect like Lesnar's.
              the only injury i got from one fight where i beat the shit out of someone was because i thought it would be nice to touch gloves after the bell too. he reached out as if he was going to reciprocate then launched a kick that smashed my elbow. i couldnt bend it properly after the fight for like 4 fucking days.

so fuck that

Comment

Originally posted by madrigan View Post
                It's quite reasonable to consider Lesnar a pompous shithead regardless of one's personal biography.
                Lol.

I actually agree with you. I do think he acted like a pompous shithead, and that the majority of people expressing their dislike of him are doing so because he acted like an ass.

Perhaps I was unclear in my earlier post. I'm not saying that the people condemning his actions are doing so because they were bullied by mini-Brocks earlier in life, I'm simply saying that for those who were bullied, and took up martial arts as a way to defend themselves from bullies, Brock is very disheartening.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                  the only injury i got from one fight where i beat the shit out of someone was because i thought it would be nice to touch gloves after the bell too. he reached out as if he was going to reciprocate then launched a kick that smashed my elbow. i couldnt bend it properly after the fight for like 4 fucking days.

so fuck that
                  Manny Gamburyan did that in one of his fights (or tried to). Rampage tends to try and throw immediately after the glove touch too.

It's often safer to avoid it entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilbourn
                    Is anyone?
                    Nobody he's fought yet. Maybe Couture when he was younger, but that'll remain a maybe.

Comment

We're left with two choices for explaining BLABM's behavior. Either all that accurately reflects his true feelings and character, or he is "acting" the heel, ala the WWE. Either way he's a douche. We certainly don't need for MMA to be WWE'd up. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that could ruin the sport. But on the other hand, if all that shit's genuine? The guy really deserves this award.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Off View Post

Nope. Anderson just stared at Hendo. Period.

Comment

And how is Brock a bully? Really. Is it his fault the way the weight classes are set up? No. Jebus fucking Christ. You do work on the WWE and all of a sudden your a fucking pariah.

Comment

I don't understand the whole "he is ruining the sport" mentality. Some guys have class and some don't. Lighten up a little. This isn't the first sport to have an obnoxious asshole in it making some noise and it won't be the last.

And for those saying they won't buy a ppv with him on the card... really? So fuck all the other fighters because Brock hurt your feelings that much? Does he seriously have that much power over you?

Comment

Originally posted by Deadmeat View Post
                              ...I'm simply saying that for those who were bullied, and took up martial arts as a way to defend themselves from bullies, Brock is very disheartening.
                              Understood. To be fair, though, I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone who has trained in a martial art -- or played football, or wrestled with an older sibling, or been walked into by a larger guy at the mall -- that size and strength are advantages in a physical confrontation. This is why there are weight classes to begin with, so anyone who follows any combat sport is well aware of it. Therefore I don't think that Brock Lesnar is disheartening for anybody, because he is just one more example of an established fact.

Comment

Watched this as a family night, to win the Wife over to MMA.

Guess what Mr. Douch, you have undermined years of explanations and hard work trying to un-murky the waters. If I was 200 pounds heavier, I would personally try to make you pay. Now I have to go back to stealing my MMA fix.

Thanks for nothing Douchbag.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X