No announcement yet.

Brock Lesnar - Douchebag of the Month - July 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats to be respected more. Someone who talks shit just to fake hype a fight or someone who talks shit and means it?

The whole lets talk shit to hype are fight and then hug after the fight to show all is forgiven is more fake than what Brock did

Comment

Originally posted by Goju - Joe View Post
      Whats to be respected more. Someone who talks shit just to fake hype a fight or someone who talks shit and means it?

The whole lets talk shit to hype are fight and then hug after the fight to show all is forgiven is more fake than what Brock did
      It depends what your definition of talking shit is. Rememeber that the UFC is asking them questions and taking their responses and editing them to make them more exiting.

Comment

Man, contrast guys like Lesnar, Bisping, Hughes, Penn etc with this:
        http://www.intheguard.tv/portal/?cha...id=175&lang=en

Comment

Classy. I think GSP is at that same level of class. And I think Couture is too, at least in his Professional life.

Comment

The only thing that I question about the article is that Lesner has talent. When he fought Randy Coutour, Lesner was gassed by the end of the first round and if it had gone another couple of minutes, Coutour would have probably won. Lesner is a huge steroid geek that is extremely strong and his main move consists of a hammer fist. As for any martial arts ability, I have yet to see any. Would I like to fight the guy.....not only no but, Hell NO! That doesn't change the fact that he is trailer trash and will eventually get his ass handed to him by someone that is close to his size and strength and actually has some tallent.

Comment

Originally posted by fyrescu324 View Post
              The only thing that I question about the article is that Lesner has talent. When he fought Randy Coutour, Lesner was gassed by the end of the first round and if it had gone another couple of minutes, Coutour would have probably won. Lesner is a huge steroid geek that is extremely strong and his main move consists of a hammer fist. As for any martial arts ability, I have yet to see any. Would I like to fight the guy.....not only no but, Hell NO! That doesn't change the fact that he is trailer trash and will eventually get his ass handed to him by someone that is close to his size and strength and actually has some tallent.
              Why? Brock Lesnar was an extremely talented and accomplished amateur wrestler prior to his pro wrestling career. Those MMA fights were not won with hammer fists alone. I think you are overlooking the effectiveness of good wrestling skills in MMA.

Comment

Can we change this to Josh Barnett?

Comment

Originally posted by blisterstarr View Post
                  Anyway, ever heard of Ikushisa Minowa?

no one ever told this guy he couldnt beat large fuckers...
                  Didn't this guy just beat Bob Sapp a few months ago?
                  Hell, I'd like to see this guy fight Lesnar. Don't know if Minowa would win but hell, it could be entertaining to say the least.

Comment

Words Speak Louder then Action in the UFC

Comment

Script:
                      "People don't like me so you act like an a-hole so I can correct you. Then you will be the bad guy and people will like me. Got it?"
                      "Yeah, boss."

Comment

As if a pro like Lesnar needs a script to do a work. He's a master of getting over as a heel.

Comment

"MMA doesn't need heels. We know that you know this is not the WWE. But are you aware that the only "character" you need to play is the one of "skilled fighter"? The days of "Bad For the Sport" are grinding to a close. The demographics are shifting from beer-swilling hillbillies who would enjoy staged fights as much as real ones, to educated, median-to-high income folks who aren't impressed by a bleached gorilla flinging verbal poo from within his cage."

This paragraph says it all for me. Nothing against gorilla's but he was clearly making the UFC look like the WWF sorry WWE. A true martial artists would have more class in victory or defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by bunkerdnoi View Post
                            "The demographics are shifting from beer-swilling hillbillies who would enjoy staged fights as much as real ones, to educated, median-to-high income folks who aren't impressed by a bleached gorilla flinging verbal poo from within his cage."
                            I'm calling bullshit on this part anyway.

Comment

There was some stat. out showing that MMA, Baseball, Basketball, football was the order for the most educated viewers (college degree holders). I had this theory that a lot of wuss college students or bodybuilding (for their confidence levels) types use it as an extension of their ego.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bunkerdnoi View Post
                                "MMA doesn't need heels. We know that you know this is not the WWE. But are you aware that the only "character" you need to play is the one of "skilled fighter"? The days of "Bad For the Sport" are grinding to a close. The demographics are shifting from beer-swilling hillbillies who would enjoy staged fights as much as real ones, to educated, median-to-high income folks who aren't impressed by a bleached gorilla flinging verbal poo from within his cage."

This paragraph says it all for me. Nothing against gorilla's but he was clearly making the UFC look like the WWF sorry WWE. A true martial artists would have more class in victory or defeat.
                                Do you actually know what the WWE's viewer demographics are. I think you'd be surprised at how many of those "beer swilling hillbillies" hold college degrees and good paying jobs. Check out the stats not only in the US and Canada, but also the rest of the world. Then be careful in making assumptions about entertainment you don't personally enjoy.

Some of you sound like McCain when he was stupidly mouthing off about MMA.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X