X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laevus
    replied
    Originally posted by Rivington View Post
    Brock really just needs to be a better heel. There's a difference between the heel that attracts an audience because they want to boo him (or because they aspire to his heights of audacity) and a heel that makes people turn off their televisions.

Lesnar wasn't great on the mic in the WWE, and I don't think he's learned much about heat and getting over since going legit. He's not well-served with most of this stuff, thought the rabid head-shake was pretty cool!
    Also, thank you for spelling 'heel' correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Rivington
    replied
    Brock really just needs to be a better heel. There's a difference between the heel that attracts an audience because they want to boo him (or because they aspire to his heights of audacity) and a heel that makes people turn off their televisions.

Lesnar wasn't great on the mic in the WWE, and I don't think he's learned much about heat and getting over since going legit. He's not well-served with most of this stuff, thought the rabid head-shake was pretty cool!

Leave a comment:

• laevus
    replied
    Cross posted from the UFC 100 spoiler thread:

First of all, to anyone who complains about the fans booing Lesnar as he walked in? Mir is from Las Vegas. Always has been. He's the hometown boy, and fans will boo the visiting team. Get over it. Secondly, Lesnar had won me over after his first couple UFC fights, especially the classy way he handled the first loss to Mir.

I know Mir talked a lot of trash (strike one), but take a cue from Dan Henderson and leave your revenge in the fight. I hate Lesnar not because he got fast tracked to the title (which he still won from Couture and validated against Mir), not because he was a pro wrestler (although I didn't like him as a pro wrestler), and not because he's bigger than his opponents (Andre the Giant: "Its not my fault always being the biggest and the strongest"). The man is an exceptional athlete, a skilled competitor, and looks to dominate the division as it stands now.

I don't like him because I don't like poor sportsmen. I know he isn't the first to flip off the fans, and get in a defeated opponent's face. But guess what? I hate the other guys who have done that too. Melvin Guillard, Tank Abbott, Tito Ortiz, they all make me sick. No one else has to agree, but that's my take.

Fuck Brock Lesnar, the undisputed Heavyweight champion of the UFC. I respect his ability and skill, but still hate the guy.

PS, after having seen his apology, that's good. Still hate him, but here's hoping the man-bear-pig learns a bit of class to go with his skills and size,

Leave a comment:

• gzk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLordHumungus View Post
    I think they should too. Let the UFC's "Heavyweights" sleep better at night, lest they should have to face an opponent with some power.
    Hayy-ell yeah, an why are they pertectin that Ken-flo fag from Annerson Silva?
    </sarcasm>

205-265 lbs should never be one weight division, even at that weight. It's just unfortunate that Brock is the example that illustrates that; Sylvia, Tank Abbott (when in the era of the modern weight divisions), Cabbage, whoever else had to struggle to make 265 never had the athleticism or skill to really illustrate the weight advantage of a fighter cutting significant weight to get down to 265 then put much of it back on before the fight against a guy who bulks up because he's slightly too big to cut to 205.

Let Brock defend his SHW title against Bob Sapp. That would be hillarious on many levels, though it would never fit their policy of not having Japanese-style freakshow matches - then again, if they're willing to piss all over the idea of ranking contenders according to who they've beaten......fuck, go back to 8 man openweight tournaments.

Leave a comment:

• edtang
    replied
    This nonsense is so completely overblown. No one's going to be talking about this in a couple weeks and UFC will by in no way hurt by what happened.

Leave a comment:

• Goju - Joe
    replied
    Here's another thing about Lesnar.

he ahs talked a lot about giving the fans what they want, and if they want him to be the heel, well they paid their money and have every right to booo him and he's going to play into that because that's what they want.

So in a bizaro logic defying world, by flipping off the crowd he is genuinly being respectful to them

yes I know....... but still....

Leave a comment:

• KhorneliusPraxx
    replied
    I was raised on military bases through the seventies and eighties. 25 years ago, if you would have told me that one day I would want to see a Soviet whip an American's ass, I would have told you that you were crazy.

I can not die a happy man until I see Fedor beat Lesnar's ass into the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Fearless Ukemi
    replied
    I agree that Brock is a dick and probably deserves to be this month's featured douchebag, but some of you on here are just too much and need to relax a little. This thread is starting to remind me of a bunch of women on their periods.

I will defend Brock only to the extent that I can understand why he lashed out at everyone in his little rage session even though it wasn't the classy thing to do. Mir talked so much shit up to that fight it was insulting, on top of the fans never giving him an ounce of respect from his first day in the ufc. You even have people on this site who should know better claiming he has no skill and won by laying on him.

If he wanted to flip off the fans, that is his right. He did, however, make a complete ass out of himself by shitting on the sponsor and making the comment about climbing on top of his wife. He probably just let his emotions get the better of him, and he clearly lost what little respect he did have as a result.

Leave a comment:

• KITAmaru
    replied
    I figure in the heat of the moment, people can get pretty emotional.

Especially with a punk like Mir talking so much shit... I'll give Brock a thumb up and a thumb down for this fight. He showed amazing improvement during the match, replacing the ugly short hammerfists (though he has fists the size of like, hams, he doesn't need to lift them up very high anyway) with patient and more controlled shots.

The apology afterward for the verbal circus was nice too, but as a 'respectable' 'martial artist', most would expect someone to have control over their own actions before they make them or words before they let them escape the mouth--and in the heat of this moment, he lost control. Helps that I never really saw him as a 'martial artist' first anyway, but it's not like I know the guy personally, so w/e.

So... yeah. IMHO, Control over his body and opponent during the fight, excellent. Control over his own words and actions during the thrill of victory, not as much.

I guess it can come back to how to define 'honor' or 'sportsmanship' etc. and what not to begin with; you can't always have it all, so how much should we expect of certain fighters and champions?
    Last edited by KITAmaru; 7/14/2009 12:55pm, .

Leave a comment:

• marcusdbrutus
    replied
    Without a doubt. Beats being a bunch of whiny punks throwing a fit because they can't stand to see a Pro Wrassler demolish their HW division.

Hug Them

Leave a comment:

• TheLordHumungus
    replied
    Originally posted by marcusdbrutus View Post
    Without a doubt. Beats being a bunch of whiny punks throwing a fit because they can't stand to see a Pro Wrassler demolish their HW division.

Leave a comment:

• marcusdbrutus
    replied
    Everything you have said in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• TheLordHumungus
    replied
    Originally posted by madrigan View Post
    Soon it will be "elitist" to root against Brock Lesnar.

You're right about the rules change. I still think they should do it, though.
    I think they should too. Let the UFC's "Heavyweights" sleep better at night, lest they should have to face an opponent with some power.

Leave a comment:

• TheLordHumungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Landfill27 View Post
    Seriously, Brock Lesnar is a fuckin asshole that needs to go walk in front of Dante Stallworth's car. Yes I admit he's talented, but he doesn't need to be white trash about it..... wait a minute, his wife is like 20 years older than him, too late he is white trash. He's got as much class as a pile of dogshit. Show some f'n humility Brock.
    Having a relationship with someone 10 years older than you makes you white trash? Or is it only if the woman is older? Either way, Fuck off.

Leave a comment:

• TheLordHumungus
    replied
    Originally posted by RealManOfSteel View Post
    And TheLordHumungus, I think there is quite a bit of nutriding going on?
    Yep, I put a saddle on them nuts and am riding into the sunset. I have no problem meeting childish indignation with unrepentant nuthugging.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X