No announcement yet.

Brock Lesnar - Douchebag of the Month - July 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I understand and agree with your arguments for Lesnar being a douche, RMOS, I wouldn't go so far as to say that touching gloves keeps MMA from slipping over the brink of anarchy. Often I suspect fighters do it out of habit or for a veneer of respectability despite deep seated animosity. If there is such feeling between fighters, mutually (eg: Hughes v Serra, Clementi v Guillard) I don't think they should put on a fake show of respect. That said, not reciprocating when one fighter extends his glove(s) is a bit of a dick move, which is why I don't like what Lesnar did there.

Then again, you can make a joke of it. I remember seeing a Genki Sudo highlight video where his opponent refused to touch gloves and he basically chased the guy around waving his glove out for the tap.

Comment

Respect does not mean you have to like, admire, or feel anything at all towards someone.

Respect is the thing you do when you do not like someone at all.

I never actually suggested 'anarchy', or I did not intend to at all. I was adressing TLH for the most part, who was clueless as to what Brock did, and insisted and admitted to nutriding him because we were being 'childish idiots who can't take that a WWE Wrassler is so dominating UFC'

Comment

Originally posted by gzk View Post
        Then again, you can make a joke of it. I remember seeing a Genki Sudo highlight video where his opponent refused to touch gloves and he basically chased the guy around waving his glove out for the tap.
        Unfortunately, not everybody is like Genki Sudo. The world would be a better place.

Comment

Originally posted by Feryk View Post
          I hope you were kidding with this. Bob Sapp would be crying on the mat asking for his mama in about 30 seconds or less. Unless you privately hate Bob Sapp and want him to be horribly mangled?
          Actually, fuck it - Lesnar vs Sapp AND Wanderlei Silva, simultaneously, Vale Tudo rules, in international waters, to avoid sanctioning and legal problems.

Comment

Enough chit chat. Lets get Fedor in the cage with Lesnar... Fedor beats Lesnar 2 times like Silva did to Franklin, and then Lesnar can go try playing football again...

Comment

shane carwin is our only hope!

Comment

hopefully we can see Kimbo face Lesnar ... and the octagon get sucked into another dimension on live television.

Comment

About the only thing you can rightly criticize Lesnar for is the stupidity of his beer comments. Just about everything else other popular fighters do frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by UpaLumpa View Post
                    About the only thing you can rightly criticize Lesnar for is the stupidity of his beer comments. Just about everything else other popular fighters do frequently.
                    Agrred

Nick Diaz anyone... An he's one of my top favorites

Comment

if i was joe rogan i woulda took him down and put him in a ankle lock.
                      then he can be on his wife drinking coors light, in bed with a broken ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by DiReCt HiT View Post
                        if i was joe rogan i woulda took him down and put him in a ankle lock.
                        then he can be on his wife drinking coors light, in bed with a broken ankle.
                        If you were Joe Rogan you woulda jumped to mission control, got the hand to the mat, gone to new york, chill dog, invisible collar and then finished with a PHENOMENAL omoplata.

Comment

Shiiiit. That punk Joe Rogan almost tapped just from having to stand too close to Lesnar.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordHumungus View Post
                            My thing is that if you want professionalism, handle it like Judo does and tell both parties to STFU and handle it on the mats. But saying that you can talk all the horrible shit you want before a fight and still expect your opponent to respect you during and after the fight, is bullshit.

You can either be professional or make it personal, but its silly to expect to have it both ways.
                            No.

Lesnar stated that talking shit was his business in WWE. If so, than he cannot take offence from anyone doing this.

It's not a bloodsport, where each fighter has a personal vendetta mate.

Comment

Originally posted by gzk View Post
                              If Lesnar thought that what Mir did was "talk a lot of shit", imagine his rage after 2 months of "THE BEAST WILL DEVOUR BROCK LESNAR!!" and Sapp calling press conferences to tear apart a plush Lesnar. It might make him mad enough to forget he has to keep his hands up when shooting in MMA and run headlong into the Sapp bullrush. Then, suddenly, the weight difference would matter.

And if Sapp got beat down (the 99% scenario), it'd still be hillarious. Win-win.
                              Man, I remember some video where Sapp had these little action figures of Ernesto Hoost and other fighters and was smashing them up while talking about what he was going to do to them. Hilarious!

Wait, here's part of it. I swear there was more, and he did Hoost too, but it isn't in this clip.

Bob Sapp VS action figure Video by FSM – Fighting Spirit Magazine - MySpace [email protected]@[email protected]@http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@mys [email protected]@[email protected]@services/media/[email protected]@[email protected]@aspx/[email protected]@[email protected]@31232729

Comment

Originally posted by JudOWNED View Post
                                Man, I remember some video where Sapp had these little action figures of Ernesto Hoost and other fighters and was smashing them up while talking about what he was going to do to them. Hilarious!

Wait, here's part of it. I swear there was more, and he did Hoost too, but it isn't in this clip.
                                Yes. That's what I was referring to, his little JLB routine (and subsequent ass-kicking)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X