Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brock Lesnar - Douchebag of the Month - July 2009

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I agree that Brock is a dick and probably deserves to be this month's featured douchebag, but some of you on here are just too much and need to relax a little. This thread is starting to remind me of a bunch of women on their periods.

    I will defend Brock only to the extent that I can understand why he lashed out at everyone in his little rage session even though it wasn't the classy thing to do. Mir talked so much shit up to that fight it was insulting, on top of the fans never giving him an ounce of respect from his first day in the ufc. You even have people on this site who should know better claiming he has no skill and won by laying on him.

    If he wanted to flip off the fans, that is his right. He did, however, make a complete ass out of himself by shitting on the sponsor and making the comment about climbing on top of his wife. He probably just let his emotions get the better of him, and he clearly lost what little respect he did have as a result.

    Comment


      I was raised on military bases through the seventies and eighties. 25 years ago, if you would have told me that one day I would want to see a Soviet whip an American's ass, I would have told you that you were crazy.

      I can not die a happy man until I see Fedor beat Lesnar's ass into the ground.

      Comment


        Here's another thing about Lesnar.

        he ahs talked a lot about giving the fans what they want, and if they want him to be the heel, well they paid their money and have every right to booo him and he's going to play into that because that's what they want.

        So in a bizaro logic defying world, by flipping off the crowd he is genuinly being respectful to them

        yes I know....... but still....

        Comment


          This nonsense is so completely overblown. No one's going to be talking about this in a couple weeks and UFC will by in no way hurt by what happened.

          Comment


            Originally posted by TheLordHumungus View Post
            I think they should too. Let the UFC's "Heavyweights" sleep better at night, lest they should have to face an opponent with some power.
            Hayy-ell yeah, an why are they pertectin that Ken-flo fag from Annerson Silva?
            </sarcasm>

            205-265 lbs should never be one weight division, even at that weight. It's just unfortunate that Brock is the example that illustrates that; Sylvia, Tank Abbott (when in the era of the modern weight divisions), Cabbage, whoever else had to struggle to make 265 never had the athleticism or skill to really illustrate the weight advantage of a fighter cutting significant weight to get down to 265 then put much of it back on before the fight against a guy who bulks up because he's slightly too big to cut to 205.

            Let Brock defend his SHW title against Bob Sapp. That would be hillarious on many levels, though it would never fit their policy of not having Japanese-style freakshow matches - then again, if they're willing to piss all over the idea of ranking contenders according to who they've beaten......fuck, go back to 8 man openweight tournaments.

            Comment


              Cross posted from the UFC 100 spoiler thread:

              First of all, to anyone who complains about the fans booing Lesnar as he walked in? Mir is from Las Vegas. Always has been. He's the hometown boy, and fans will boo the visiting team. Get over it. Secondly, Lesnar had won me over after his first couple UFC fights, especially the classy way he handled the first loss to Mir.

              I know Mir talked a lot of trash (strike one), but take a cue from Dan Henderson and leave your revenge in the fight. I hate Lesnar not because he got fast tracked to the title (which he still won from Couture and validated against Mir), not because he was a pro wrestler (although I didn't like him as a pro wrestler), and not because he's bigger than his opponents (Andre the Giant: "Its not my fault always being the biggest and the strongest"). The man is an exceptional athlete, a skilled competitor, and looks to dominate the division as it stands now.

              I don't like him because I don't like poor sportsmen. I know he isn't the first to flip off the fans, and get in a defeated opponent's face. But guess what? I hate the other guys who have done that too. Melvin Guillard, Tank Abbott, Tito Ortiz, they all make me sick. No one else has to agree, but that's my take.

              Fuck Brock Lesnar, the undisputed Heavyweight champion of the UFC. I respect his ability and skill, but still hate the guy.

              PS, after having seen his apology, that's good. Still hate him, but here's hoping the man-bear-pig learns a bit of class to go with his skills and size,

              Comment


                Brock really just needs to be a better heel. There's a difference between the heel that attracts an audience because they want to boo him (or because they aspire to his heights of audacity) and a heel that makes people turn off their televisions.

                Lesnar wasn't great on the mic in the WWE, and I don't think he's learned much about heat and getting over since going legit. He's not well-served with most of this stuff, thought the rabid head-shake was pretty cool!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Rivington View Post
                  Brock really just needs to be a better heel. There's a difference between the heel that attracts an audience because they want to boo him (or because they aspire to his heights of audacity) and a heel that makes people turn off their televisions.

                  Lesnar wasn't great on the mic in the WWE, and I don't think he's learned much about heat and getting over since going legit. He's not well-served with most of this stuff, thought the rabid head-shake was pretty cool!
                  Also, thank you for spelling 'heel' correctly.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by gzk View Post
                    Let Brock defend his SHW title against Bob Sapp. That would be hillarious on many levels, though it would never fit their policy of not having Japanese-style freakshow matches - then again, if they're willing to piss all over the idea of ranking contenders according to who they've beaten......fuck, go back to 8 man openweight tournaments.
                    I hope you were kidding with this. Bob Sapp would be crying on the mat asking for his mama in about 30 seconds or less. Unless you privately hate Bob Sapp and want him to be horribly mangled?

                    Lesnar is a douchebag, no doubt. But the douchebag is getting better each match, and is developing his skills. He's going to be tough to knock off the HW title. Fedor would be awesome,if it were ever to happen.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Feryk View Post
                      I hope you were kidding with this. Bob Sapp would be crying on the mat asking for his mama in about 30 seconds or less. Unless you privately hate Bob Sapp and want him to be horribly mangled?

                      Lesnar is a douchebag, no doubt. But the douchebag is getting better each match, and is developing his skills. He's going to be tough to knock off the HW title. Fedor would be awesome,if it were ever to happen.
                      If Lesnar thought that what Mir did was "talk a lot of shit", imagine his rage after 2 months of "THE BEAST WILL DEVOUR BROCK LESNAR!!" and Sapp calling press conferences to tear apart a plush Lesnar. It might make him mad enough to forget he has to keep his hands up when shooting in MMA and run headlong into the Sapp bullrush. Then, suddenly, the weight difference would matter.

                      And if Sapp got beat down (the 99% scenario), it'd still be hillarious. Win-win.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Landfill27 View Post
                        Seriously, Brock Lesnar is a fuckin asshole that needs to go walk in front of Dante Stallworth's car. Yes I admit he's talented, but he doesn't need to be white trash about it..... wait a minute, his wife is like 20 years older than him, too late he is white trash. He's got as much class as a pile of dogshit. Show some f'n humility Brock.
                        YES YES OF COURSE this guy hit the fucking jackpot with this well informed post....

                        Not

                        Excuse me, but are we here to watch a fight, or watch these guys grow up into fine young men in society? Just by you attacking his personal life you already forfeited anything credible in your post.

                        To be honest, you all are acting like a bunch of pussies that don't have a grasp on reality. Aww he flipped on the fans i hate him, he said he'd jump on his wife boo hoo. Yes, this is a sport, but damnit they are fucking fighting. Fighting involves lots of emotions. Out in life, even after you have fought someone you STILL dont like the person. It isnt always squashed. All the shit Bisping was doing boiled up inside Handerson. He still had anger in him, so he dropped a nasty fist on Bisping while Bisping was out cold. Did he deserve it? Hell ya! You can't just beat someone and suddenly everything that happend before is no longer existant. We are here to fight, not play pattycake. Stop trying to make the sport turn pussy...you already did that to basketball.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by informer24 View Post
                          YES YES OF COURSE this guy hit the fucking jackpot with this well informed post....

                          Not

                          Excuse me, but are we here to watch a fight, or watch these guys grow up into fine young men in society? Just by you attacking his personal life you already forfeited anything credible in your post.

                          To be honest, you all are acting like a bunch of pussies that don't have a grasp on reality. Aww he flipped on the fans i hate him, he said he'd jump on his wife boo hoo. Yes, this is a sport, but damnit they are fucking fighting. Fighting involves lots of emotions. Out in life, even after you have fought someone you STILL dont like the person. It isnt always squashed. All the shit Bisping was doing boiled up inside Handerson. He still had anger in him, so he dropped a nasty fist on Bisping while Bisping was out cold. Did he deserve it? Hell ya! You can't just beat someone and suddenly everything that happend before is no longer existant. We are here to fight, not play pattycake. Stop trying to make the sport turn pussy...you already did that to basketball.
                          I hate this attitude. "It's a fight, so you can't get mad if the fighters act like complete cumwads." No, I'm not here to watch a fight. If I wanted to watch fights, I'd go to a 6th grade recess in Del Paso Heights or to a pool hall on a Friday night.

                          No, when I watch the UFC or any other promotion, I'm paying my money to watch two elite athletes compete in a combat sport. Now, should they shake hands and hug after the fight, or kneel in front of each other and embrace like Huerta and Garcia? Not necessarily, but I think it's cool when they do.

                          When you listen to classy guys like GSP or Randy, you'll often here them say, "It's just business." That's all it should be. Yeah, there's pre-fight hype, but it's only talk. Getting in Frank Mir's severely bruised face after the fight, flipping off the fans, pissing of the sponsors, etc. That's just idiotic.

                          I had gained a measure of respect for Lesnar after the Couture fight, but all that shit went down the drain after UFC 100.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Ka-Bar View Post
                            I hate this attitude. "It's a fight, so you can't get mad if the fighters act like complete cumwads." No, I'm not here to watch a fight. If I wanted to watch fights, I'd go to a 6th grade recess in Del Paso Heights or to a pool hall on a Friday night.

                            No, when I watch the UFC or any other promotion, I'm paying my money to watch two elite athletes compete in a combat sport. Now, should they shake hands and hug after the fight, or kneel in front of each other and embrace like Huerta and Garcia? Not necessarily, but I think it's cool when they do.

                            When you listen to classy guys like GSP or Randy, you'll often here them say, "It's just business." That's all it should be. Yeah, there's pre-fight hype, but it's only talk. Getting in Frank Mir's severely bruised face after the fight, flipping off the fans, pissing of the sponsors, etc. That's just idiotic.
                            Fuckin A'. This is a sport like any other legitimate sport. You are not fighting a guy to the death because he wronged you somehow, or because he talked shit before your fight.

                            You are fighting in a combat sport, and like any sport, there are rules that have to be followed to ensure respect, sportmanship, and professionalism.

                            Tapping gloves before a fight is like shaking hands before and after a tennis match. It has to be done to make sure that both parties are able to be respectful.

                            If we took out these rules then it would turn into a bloodbath for violent and angry adults, who could not make it work in anger management, and just want to beat a guy to a pulp for cash.

                            Mir talked a lot of shit before his match, and credit to Brock for ignoring it for the most part. But Brock stated in his apology 'I am used to being entertainment, and getting pay per views' How did he do this? By abusing and laughing up his opponent as some pansy ass wuss. His refusal to tap gloves and show respect was an unnescessary retaliation to an 'offence' he admits to commiting for no other reason than business. What is worse than abuse? Abuse to get some pay-per-views from a few more violent and disturbed* viewes.

                            Brock did attempt to apologise, and credit for that. We should not ignore, in this wave of derision towards Lesnar, the antics of the other guy who layed a flying right hand knockout to a fighter who was clearly in no state to fight.

                            But.

                            I am adressing this to TheLordHumungus.

                            Rules of respect and sportsmanship put in place in sport are desperately needed to ensure professionalism between athletes. They are ESPECIALLY needed in combat sports, where things can so easily get out of hand, and with the emotions that arise, become deadly. It would be easy, in the heat of the moment for a fighter to, for example, punch a guys throat and continue punching.

                            TLH, I hope you realize that we are not mindlessly bagging Brock like a bunch of children for petty reasons like his WWE career, the fact that he was apparently fast tracked to UFC et al, as was stated in the original article, but because he broke the rules of sportsmanship, and gave the sport an image it is so desperately trying to distance itself from.

                            RMOS.

                            *Not intended, in any way to the majority of the viewing audience, as they (and I) know a good rivalry adds much hype to a fight, and adds to the spectacle.

                            I mean those people who are hoping, that things will get out of hand, and they will get an even more violent show.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by gzk View Post
                              Hayy-ell yeah, an why are they pertectin that Ken-flo fag from Annerson Silva?
                              </sarcasm>

                              205-265 lbs should never be one weight division, even at that weight. It's just unfortunate that Brock is the example that illustrates that; Sylvia, Tank Abbott (when in the era of the modern weight divisions), Cabbage, whoever else had to struggle to make 265 never had the athleticism or skill to really illustrate the weight advantage of a fighter cutting significant weight to get down to 265 then put much of it back on before the fight against a guy who bulks up because he's slightly too big to cut to 205.

                              Let Brock defend his SHW title against Bob Sapp. That would be hillarious on many levels, though it would never fit their policy of not having Japanese-style freakshow matches - then again, if they're willing to piss all over the idea of ranking contenders according to who they've beaten......fuck, go back to 8 man openweight tournaments.
                              I'm fine with Brock being the champ of the SHW division. It makes it clear that putting guys like Herring and Mir in the ring with him is a joke. They'd be better served fighting guys that they're capable of dealing with.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by RealManOfSteel View Post
                                Fuckin A'. This is a sport like any other legitimate sport. You are not fighting a guy to the death because he wronged you somehow, or because he talked shit before your fight.

                                You are fighting in a combat sport, and like any sport, there are rules that have to be followed to ensure respect, sportmanship, and professionalism.

                                Tapping gloves before a fight is like shaking hands before and after a tennis match. It has to be done to make sure that both parties are able to be respectful.

                                If we took out these rules then it would turn into a bloodbath for violent and angry adults, who could not make it work in anger management, and just want to beat a guy to a pulp for cash.

                                Mir talked a lot of shit before his match, and credit to Brock for ignoring it for the most part. But Brock stated in his apology 'I am used to being entertainment, and getting pay per views' How did he do this? By abusing and laughing up his opponent as some pansy ass wuss. His refusal to tap gloves and show respect was an unnescessary retaliation to an 'offence' he admits to commiting for no other reason than business. What is worse than abuse? Abuse to get some pay-per-views from a few more violent and disturbed* viewes.

                                Brock did attempt to apologise, and credit for that. We should not ignore, in this wave of derision towards Lesnar, the antics of the other guy who layed a flying right hand knockout to a fighter who was clearly in no state to fight.

                                But.

                                I am adressing this to TheLordHumungus.

                                Rules of respect and sportsmanship put in place in sport are desperately needed to ensure professionalism between athletes. They are ESPECIALLY needed in combat sports, where things can so easily get out of hand, and with the emotions that arise, become deadly. It would be easy, in the heat of the moment for a fighter to, for example, punch a guys throat and continue punching.

                                TLH, I hope you realize that we are not mindlessly bagging Brock like a bunch of children for petty reasons like his WWE career, the fact that he was apparently fast tracked to UFC et al, as was stated in the original article, but because he broke the rules of sportsmanship, and gave the sport an image it is so desperately trying to distance itself from.

                                RMOS.

                                *Not intended, in any way to the majority of the viewing audience, as they (and I) know a good rivalry adds much hype to a fight, and adds to the spectacle.

                                I mean those people who are hoping, that things will get out of hand, and they will get an even more violent show.
                                My thing is that if you want professionalism, handle it like Judo does and tell both parties to STFU and handle it on the mats. But saying that you can talk all the horrible shit you want before a fight and still expect your opponent to respect you during and after the fight, is bullshit.

                                You can either be professional or make it personal, but its silly to expect to have it both ways.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X