No announcement yet.

TLC: Douchebag of the Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's that from, HP? Looks like something to watch.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

"Detachment" - one of the best movies I watched in recent years, by the director of American History X.
      www.childsplaycharity.org

Comment

A couple more years and prime tome will be ready for me yo pitch them some of my ideas for TV shows.

Here are a couple of game show/reality show ideas.

White Man In compton.

Oops, I thought she was older.

And

Who wants to beat up a millionaire?

Comment

Originally posted by thrutch View Post

I'm sure The Learning Channel once had great intentions - the BBC certainly did, but now our state broadcaster has a channel devoted to churning out shows like: Unsafe Sex in The City; Dog Borstal; Hotter Than My Daughter; Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank; and Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents.
          You forgot Monkey Tennis.

You can't really blame the BBC for being forced to chase viewing figures. Blame Rupert Murdoch and The Daily Mail.
          Last edited by Bezmond; 11/13/2012 10:29pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache View Post
            Yeah, it's the fact that reality freaks generally work for free and reality shows have a crew of about 5
            While reality shows tend to cost about half of a scripted show, don't think these people are working for free. If the show gets popular, their pay skyrockets. The honey boo boo folks are making $20k an episode. Some of the reality housewives or jersey shore people make 6 figures. Snooki makes several million per season.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8669776_sal...ity-stars.html
            HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
            https://www.fitocracy.com/group/2988/

Comment

Originally posted by money View Post
              These crap TV shows wouldn't be on if people weren't watching them.
              And no one would sell crack if people didn't really want crack. Doesn't make the bussiness ethical. Maybe the comparisons unfair, but we should know by now that humans are really susceptable to marketing, scantily clad hussies, bad tv and nut shots etc... So people that make tv programs have a choice: make something profitable to the human race, or make something profitable for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by legomepanda View Post
                And no one would sell crack if people didn't really want crack. Doesn't make the bussiness ethical. Maybe the comparisons unfair, but we should know by now that humans are really susceptable to marketing, scantily clad hussies, bad tv and nut shots etc... So people that make tv programs have a choice: make something profitable to the human race, or make something profitable for themselves.
                Yeah and maybe McDonald's can remove everything from their menu that is unhealthy. Then they can go out of business all in the name of the greater moral good. All good just so long as its not you who has to make the sacrifice.

Comment

TLC: Douchebag of the Month

Or even better, they can learn to efficiently make quality programs. I don't know anything about the industry, but it seems like they should be able to put projects together without huge budgets. Or maybe it's needed...anyone in industry who can comment?

Comment

Originally posted by mike321 View Post
                    it seems like they should be able to put projects together without huge budgets. Or maybe it's needed...anyone in industry who can comment?
                    Well, according to Wikipedia, the SciFi original movie Dinoshark cost 2 million to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Bezmond View Post
                      You forgot Monkey Tennis.

You can't really blame the BBC for being forced to chase viewing figures. Blame Rupert Murdoch and The Daily Mail.

Wait! There's a show with moneys playing tennis? What's wrong with that?

Comment

This kind of disturbing stuff has drawn in mass audiences since before the first TV signal was ever beamed.

The circus freak show is always a hit, only now it's Honey Boo Boo instead of Fish Boy and the Bearded Lady.

Comment

Now this might be worth watching.

This is like the surviving BattleBots had kids with upgrades.

Giant boxing robots reality show unveiled by Syfy

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/21/2012 1:15pm, .

Comment

I think Hank Green sums up why TV serves no purpose quite well:

Comment

[QUOTE=W. Rabbit;2740556]Now this might be worth watching.

This is like the surviving BattleBots had kids with upgrades.
                              [QUOTE]

They'd be no match against Greco-Robot Wrestling.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/29...obot-wrestling

Err except for maybe the size difference.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X