Two Major Reasons Why Modern Mixed-Martial Arts Is Here To Stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Major Reasons Why Modern Mixed-Martial Arts Is Here To Stay

Reason #1: The FansReason #2: Marketing Away From the MassesSeth Godin: Sliced bread and other marketing delights
    http://mmacrypt.com/forum/showthread...s-Here-To-Stay

as usual with this guy, I like and dislike some of his point but thought I would share. But thought I would share his work here.

Comment

MMA is definitely a niche sport, but that niche is strong and always growing.
      Fight Film Friday
      Watching violence on film, violently.
      Click here to donate!

Comment

didnt read, but i looked at the picture.

cool thread :up:

Comment

Is there anyone better than a true MMA fan?
          Are you kidding me? Have you seen the Just Bleed guy? Have you heard crowds boo anytime the fight hits the ground? And I'm not exempting the "hard core" and "educated" fans either. Those are some of the most fickle mother fuckers in existence. Guy loses one fight and "he sucks." Frankly, as a whole, mma fans are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by JudOWNED View Post
            Are you kidding me? Have you seen the Just Bleed guy? Have you heard crowds boo anytime the fight hits the ground? And I'm not exempting the "hard core" and "educated" fans either. Those are some of the most fickle mother fuckers in existence. Guy loses one fight and "he sucks." Frankly, as a whole, mma fans are terrible.
            I wouldn't call the people you are talking about true mma fans. Sure, there are many douchenozzles out there, but I think the more reasonable fans out number the fuckheads.

At least, I hope so anyway.

Comment

That's the no true scotsman fallacy.

People are people, sure. Douchenozzles are in every arena of life. But to single out MMA fans as somehow being exempt, or "better" is ridiculous.

Comment

LOL Wolnut you posted this on PinoyMMA too.

I agree with JudOWNED. If you don't consider the multitude of douches who are fans of MMA, you'd be counting out a significant portion of the fanbase... The sad reality is the majority of MMA viewers are the so-called D-bags.

Comment

PIC > Thread

Comment

I've gotta agree with the others - the majority of mma "fans" are not only douches but don't understand (or want to take the time to learn) the strategies and complexity that is MMA

Comment

It's certainly more difficult to root for an individual athlete than it is for a sports team over the course of, say, a generation.

At least I hope it is. Let Couture retire before 65!

Comment

Originally posted by Rivington View Post
                        It's certainly more difficult to root for an individual athlete than it is for a sports team over the course of, say, a generation.

At least I hope it is. Let Couture retire before 65!
                        True, perhaps we need MMA teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivington View Post
                          granfalloons to me.
                          [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
                          [ self defence: general thoughts | anecdote is anecdotes, not data

Comment

I would imagine the major point is the fact that MMA consistently proves its effectiveness in front of a massive worldwide audience

Comment

Originally posted by Petter View Post
                              I know this makes me a bit of a freak, but I honestly don’t understand the concept of “rooting for a team”.
                              Because... FUCKING PARRAMATTA EELS FUCKING RULE, YEAHHHHHHH, PARRA 'TIL I DIE BITCHEZ!!!!

I admit that there is an air of illogicality to it, as the closest I've ever lived to Parramatta was North Parramatta, but following any other team is stupid because fuck those guys.

Sley, hasn't that already been done and failed? Repeatedly?
                              GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                              Originally posted by Devil
                              I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                              Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                              I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X