Who knows of BJJ In Israel???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows of BJJ In Israel???

Ok, I used the search function, and, SHOCKINGLY, given the number of jews on this site, nothing came up.

After googling "BJJ Israel" and various other iterations, I have gleaned the following:

Yes, there are several BJJ schools/black belts in Israel.

The Royce school has a site with a terrible translator that leaves me without any contact information in English.

Does anyone know of any specific locations with some contact info, so I could give them a heads up and figure it into my plans?

Also, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys, I leave on May 2nd, so sooner rather than later would be awesome.

If you'd like, I can move this to YMAS for more exposure Gabe.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Sure, go for it. Thanks, JNP!

Comment

http://www.ifbjj.com/
        Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
        Luta Livre flees the fight,
        Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
        Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

Originally posted by War Wheel View Post
          Yeah just got a contact number from a friend's friend for this place. Looks most likely, as I'll be spending the last 3-4 nights in Tel-Aviv. Also, WHY IS THERE NO ENGLISH OPTION!?!?! I can't even remember the alphabet.

Comment

http://translate.google.com/translat...w.ifbjj.com%2F

Translation courtesy of Google but I can't make the contact page not say Coming Soon...

Comment

Might be too late for you on this, but I have personally had the honor and opportunity to train with Moshe and one of his top students on their visits here to the states, and I can give them both my ringing endorsement that they each A) Handed me my ass and B) Were nice about it.

Here's the contact info:

Israel
              Moshe Kaitz - Black Belt
              Mordi Glam - Brown Belt
              RGDA ISRAEL
              Kibutz Ramat Hashofet
              +972 544 825 667 (0544-825-667)
              Email: [email protected]
              www.bjj-israel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gabetuno View Post
                I can't even remember the alphabet.
                And to think, uncle Moshe dropped $8,000 in savings bonds on your Bar Mitzvah! Fer shame...
                Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
                Luta Livre flees the fight,
                Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
                Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

Don't know if this is still relevant.
                  But there's a De-La-Riva BB in TA, of which I've heard excellent things.
                  There's also Ido Pariente who is a BB (I don't know under whom) and he competes both in MMA and BJJ (he was on season 8 of TUF - lost the "get in the house" fight to Efrain Escudero).

There are 2 more in Jerusalem I know of, I think one is a purple and one is a brown who also teaches in TA, could probably find the number if you need it. I'm pretty sure there's one guy who claims to teach BJJ with aikido in Petach-Tikva (but I know nothing about him).

apart from Moshe Kaitz who was mentioned - he's Royce's rep. here.

That's about it.
                  We have very very good Judo in Israel if that's something you'd also like to consider, where I do Judo we do a lot of ground work - but it's still Judo oriented ground work.

Hope this helped, if you got anything you need translated or some more info, you can post it here or pm me, no problem, enjoy your trip.

Comment

Hey, I am actually going to be in Israel for the next two weeks and I'm looking for a place to train. I tried to just PM you Gidi, but for some reason I can't. (Maybe because this is my first post?) I will be in both Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. Any help, especially with something in Jerusalem, would be much appreciated.

Comment

Hey Danimal,you need to reach a certain number of posts to be able to PM someone, you'll also lose the noob tag.
                      anyway, I don't practice BJJ but this guy: http://jja.co.il/ is the de-la-riva BB I've heard good things about, he's in TA.
                      this: http://www.ifbjj.com/ is Ido Pariente's school, which is in Ra'anana.

I'm kinda busy right now, but I'll look up the other places I know later, especially in Jeruasalem.

Is it strictly BJJ you're looking for?

Comment

I know some guys who train BJJ in this building in north tel aviv on the corner of Hayarkon street and Bnei Dan street on the park next to the bridge. It's near an area called the "namal".

In Raanana there is the Ido Pariente Academy on Ahuza street near the number 2 stop light (the intersection is Ahuza and Shwartz). Taught by Ido Pariente.

In the tel aviv university country club there is a multi-fight club that does BJJ as well if I recall correctly. It's headed by Chaim Peer, founder of Kapap.

wish I could help more

Comment

Yeah, I'm looking for strictly BJJ.

I will definitely check this place out in Tel Aviv http://jja.co.il/ as it is pretty close to me.

And any info you could give me on those gyms in Jerusalem would be great.

Thanks

Comment

This is a convenient thread. I'm going to be in Jerusalem for the month of July and am planning on bringing my Judogi. Do you have any recommendations for Judo clubs in the city?

Comment

Hey, just to let you all know, I went to Ido's place for a night and enjoyed the people and the environment. It was a bit more formal than I'm used to, but the talent levels seemed great and the attitudes seemed really solid. I recommend it and wish I could have gone back another night.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X