Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Finaly found a place to do some BJJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finaly found a place to do some BJJ

At your stage of development, a BJJ blue is all your really need. In fact lots of places have blue belts run beginner classes.

Comment

Think I had this same question when I started bout two years ago. Blue's fine if you're starting, as long as they're good at teaching what they know.

Comment

Comment

definitely agree that all you need is a blue belt for the first little bit.

Comment

You can definitely learn from a blue belt. That's how I started at a university club. Bear in mind that blue belt is a pretty wide range and I've found that individual talent counts for a lot more than just the rank alone. I've known plenty of people that were "just blue belts" (they usually don't stay there for long), that are tough.

Also, isn't Luta Livre big in Germany? Might be another option for you.

Comment

Comment

That sounds like a pretty standard grappling class. 15-20 minutes is a little short for rolling. It doesn't matter too much when you're starting out since drilling and class should take precedence.

Do they ever have open mat sessions where you can spar with different people for an extended period?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X