Kyokoshin vs Shotokan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyokoshin vs Shotokan

There hasn't been a good style vs style video on here in a while, very interesting ending....

YouTube- Shotokan vs Kyokushin

So who's who?

Comment

The black belt is Shotokan. The other guy is Kyokushin.
      "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by tao.jonez View Post
        The black belt is Shotokan. The other guy is Kyokushin.
        Uhhh they're both black belts :5bouncy:

Comment

^Ah you dick beat me to it
          "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosJesena View Post
            Uhhh they're both black belts :5bouncy:
            My bad. I meant the black belt is Kyokushin. The other guy is Shotokan.

Comment

Originally posted by tao.jonez View Post
              my bad. I meant the black belt is kyokushin. The other guy is shotokan.
              dude. They are both black belts. Both of their belts are black.

Comment

Trolling is funny.

The Shotokan guy won. Seriously.

Comment

Long sleeves and bouncing was Shotokan. And that is not at all what I expected to see in this video.
                  The fool thinks himself immortal,
                  If he hold back from battle;
                  But old age will grant him no truce,
                  Even if spears spare him.

Comment

shoulda worn a mouthguard.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                      Long sleeves and bouncing was Shotokan. And that is not at all what I expected to see in this video.
                      I was surprised at the Kyokushin guy's stance. What was with his arm positioning? I honestly thought Kyokushin would just crush Shotokan...:qright3:

Comment

People get caught..

Still, I would have thought the sheer badassness of having rolled up sleeves would have given the KK guy away
                        "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by MMAMickey View Post
                          People get caught..

Still, I would have thought the sheer badassness of having rolled up sleeves would have given the KK guy away
                          FWIW I've seen plenty of Shotokan guys do the rolled sleeve thing. I thought that was common for those guys....?

Oh and this youtube comment is GOLDEN:

I think Kyokushin is more about taking hits, and Shotokan is more about realistic fighting not so much a sport because they alow full contact punches to the face and in most countries they wear zero protection besides hand wraps, which is mostly so no blood gets on people. kyokushin dosent even alow head punches which looks stupid cause they are like. 10 inches from eachother not gaurding their faces... Shotokan you have to get in and out with a KO punch, its awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Valiss View Post
                            FWIW I've seen plenty of Shotokan guys do the rolled sleeve thing. I thought that was common for those guys....?
                            I'm gonna try do it in judo. I'll let you know how that pans out
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by MMAMickey View Post
                              I'm gonna try do it in judo. I'll let you know how that pans out
                              Maybe I'm out of the TMA loop but what does rolling up your sleeves mean? Does that indicate something othe than you prefer shorter sleeves?

Back in my TMA days I'd roll up my sleeves on hot sumemr days. Some others did too. No one seemed to notice or care; I certianly didnt give it any thought when I did it at the time as I was just warm.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X