Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These aren't the driods you're looking for.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!!

Hey, please at least tell us you got your black sash/belt in WC?
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Although I never volunteer the information, when people ask me what type of martial art I practice, I always tell them, "I hug men in pajamas."

It kind of backfired once. A guy gave me his phone number.

Welcome to Bullshido.
      Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowLedBetter View Post
        Not been training in BJJ it long, about 6 months. Lost my job in the economic downturn so am concentrating on that first

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
          Welcome!!

Hey, please at least tell us you got your black sash/belt in WC?
          No i didn't and i'm quite ashamed. I'm actually quite embarrassed i bought into it for so long...I did get to a point where i was "good" and being Oriental looking they used me a lot to give credibility to the school, but quite frankly a Wing Chun certificate is about as useful as toilet paper in the martial arts world. The reason i got into BJJ is cos even in my Kung fu days i really wanted to compete, my instructor gave me a variety of lame excuse as to why we don't (the too deadly one, the my school is too small, etc)...i'm ashamed i bought that shit too

In fact generally i'm quite ashamed.

Comment

Comment

No i didn't and i'm quite ashamed. I'm actually quite embarrassed i bought into it for so long...I did get to a point where i was "good" and being Oriental looking they used me a lot to give credibility to the school, but quite frankly a Wing Chun certificate is about as useful as toilet paper in the martial arts world. The reason i got into BJJ is cos even in my Kung fu days i really wanted to compete, my instructor gave me a variety of lame excuse as to why we don't (the too deadly one, the my school is too small, etc)...i'm ashamed i bought that shit too

Dont be, mate. Everyone buys into it until they find something to compare it to. Most people here at some point, for one thing. Not to mention no-one actually expects thier teacher to hold them back for no good reason.
              I'm glad you got back into it and can start really learning something.
              Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??.........................​My work here is done.

Comment

So you should be!

Welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

I'm out in Dorking surrey so a little far from you but most Judo clubs are fairly cheap in comparison to say BJJ or even the Chun.
                  BTW I also did WC for 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bigstu31s View Post
                    I'm out in Dorking surrey
                    This is why I <3 UK.

Comment

You think Dorking's funny...you haven't heard of the tube stop in Norht London called Cockfosters

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/tube-cockfosters.php

In case you thought i was making it up

Comment

You think Dorking's funny...you haven't heard of the tube stop in Norht London called Cockfosters
                        Holy crap.

I once trekked over a swamp which was called "Moldy ass swamp" in the local language, but still you UK people are strange with your town names.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X