Motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work:
    I work for a non-religious charitable organisation which provides rehabilitation, support and advocacy for people with Acquired Brain Injuries. I'm motivated to continue working here because I'm passionate about the work. I need money to pay my mortgage, and do nice things, and go to nice places with my wife, and although my job pays less than I could be earning elsewhere, it is enough for me a this point in my life. Also, my working conditions are flexible around my training needs.

Training:
    It's very easy to get motivated if you really enjoy what you're doing.

Comment

My motivations are:

- Peeling myself from the couch in summer to roll with other sweaty men
      - To move from the warmth of the couch in winter to roll with other sweaty men
      - To endure joint pain from noobs cranking on subs too hard, too fast
      - To endure lasting joint pain for the week through being subbed repeatedly
      - To pull hamstring muscle during badly executed sweeps
      - To think said hamstring is healed after two days, only to pull it worse again
      - To risk my smile, which so far has cost me nearly 5 grand
      - To wake up and barely be able to move
      - To hear that crunch resonate up my spine as I uncharacteristically land awkwardly
      - To have my throat crushed and my eyes bulge as I choke
      - To have my face buried in some dudes crotch just before I pass out
      - To feel like I can't breathe under someone elses weight
      - Not being able to breathe because I smoked
      - To feel helpless as that sub is slowly sunk in
      - To collapse halfway through training and fight back the urge to vomit
      - Wanting the session to end, but when it does, wanting to keep going
      - To bridge and roll out of mount with experienced grapplers like I do with noobs
      - To have that headache that can only be gained from repeatedly restricting blood flow to the head

Ummm, why do I do this again?

Oh yeah, to give this pleasure to someone else.
      GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
      Originally posted by Devil
      I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
      Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
      I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
        So you're NOT worried about losing your job and having to pleasure fat chicks at back of the local hair salon just to make ends meet?

Hm...

Nah, I'm locked into my job and too good at it to worry about it. But if I did loose it, pleasuring fat chicks wouldn't be as bad as pleasuring fat dudes, so I could deal with it!
        Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post

4. That one girl I always wanted and never got and still fight to win over.

5. The "Never Back Down" Soundtrack.:ohyea7qh:
          You know, I used to be motivated by #4 as well; to a ridiculous degree, for at least three years of my life.
          Then I finally managed to get over her by entering into an abusive relationship and being like, "man, never mind. Romance sucks."
          So yeah, I recommend finding a verbally abusive partner for a while. That cures most ex- problems in my experience.
          As for #5, I forgot to mention power metal. The steady stream of Virgin Steele and Manowar in my life keeps me in a constant state of wanting to fight and conquer everything in my path.
          The fool thinks himself immortal,
          If he hold back from battle;
          But old age will grant him no truce,
          Even if spears spare him.

Comment

my wife

but in the world of martial arts, it's all for my i love me wall. i want the judo trophies, the black belt certs, the medals, the instructor jobs, etc.

i want to be the best

Comment

Hehe, #4 is not really an issue; but when you fight, it's better to keep your losses in mind, and not the rounds you won.

And as to #5...

YouTube- Manowar - Warriors of the World

Everyone likes that song, but who would confess it? NOONE.
              www.childsplaycharity.org

Comment

As to fighting specifically, I guess it's simply the adrenaline.

The silence before you strike, and the noise afterwards.

Comment

I wish i knew where my motivation comes from so i could direct it to tasks which pay the bills. I'm either obsessive-compulsive about things, like training and nutrition, or completely lacking in motivation to the point of nearly not getting out of bed for work.
                  "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
                  Kenny Weldon

Comment

Originally posted by Sang View Post
                    I wish i knew where my motivation comes from so i could direct it to tasks which pay the bills. I'm either obsessive-compulsive about things, like training and nutrition, or completely lacking in motivation to the point of nearly not getting out of bed for work.
                    One day, you and I shall get together and drink heavily.

Comment

As gay as it sounds, my motivation is Alex's...
                      approval.

Comment

Originally posted by Tzadqiel View Post
                        I started this thread to find what drives us all. Granted I started it here in YMAS because I figured it would draw alot of asinine comments. But really what is it that gets you up and off your ass? Me it's proving them wrong and being better then I was yesterday.
                        What's the opposite of being raped?

That is my motivation. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
                          So you're NOT worried about losing your job and having to pleasure fat chicks at back of the local hair salon just to make ends meet?

Hm...
                          This is bad thing?:3some:

Comment

never really understood manowar, or more specifically its fans. i mean most MOW fans i meet are big burly metal heads, while manowar has to be one of the most overtly gay metal bands there is. they basically prance about in buttless chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
                              What's the opposite of being raped?

That is my motivation. ;)
                              Your motivation is concentual castration?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                                never really understood manowar, or more specifically its fans. i mean most MOW fans i meet are big burly metal heads, while manowar has to be one of the most overtly gay metal bands there is. they basically prance about in buttless chaps.
                                Well, Sir, you are sorely mistaken.

A butt, I have.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X