Why do people need to take there shirts off when they street Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people need to take there shirts off when they street Fight

I just dont get it. I admit I dont have a six pack or mad tats but I cannot see how taking my shirt off actually helps in any way and given that I will be possibly rolling around on concrete or whatever I would actually like to put an extra shirt on.
    But I see it all the time and so I think I must be missing something
    does anybody do this? and why
    by the way this isnt only a Far North Queensland thing where shirts off are the norm. I have seen this in Melbourne on days that a person is in more danger of freezing to death than getting punched

In hockey, it's a fairly common tactic in a fight to pull the other guy's jersey over his head restricting both vision and arm movement. I can only assume it's a pre-emptive move to prevent that from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
      I just dont get it. I admit I dont have a six pack or mad tats but I cannot see how taking my shirt off actually helps in any way and given that I will be possibly rolling around on concrete or whatever I would actually like to put an extra shirt on.
      But I see it all the time and so I think I must be missing something
      does anybody do this? and why
      by the way this isnt only a Far North Queensland thing where shirts off are the norm. I have seen this in Melbourne on days that a person is in more danger of freezing to death than getting punched
      Shirts will give their opponent something to grab on to, and a lot of free leverage if they decide to pull and punch. That's just my two cents, though.

Oh, and the whole hockey-fighting thingie of using it to control your opponent.

Comment

Who wants lava on their favorite t shirt?

Comment

So you can throw it in the other guys face right before you punch or grab him.

Comment

Cause you gotta show these motherfuckers how bad you are!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i always thought people did it to keep people from ripping the shirt more than someone using it against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannetosen View Post
                Shirts will give their opponent something to grab on to, and a lot of free leverage if they decide to pull and punch. That's just my two cents, though.

sorry to derail my own thread minutes into writing it but this has reminded me of just weird ways the security industry works

we get issued elastic ties for exactly this reason because in their veiw the biggest danger we face is to get choked out by a tie.

Dont worry about a stab vest or knee protection or even give us a bat or anything bad guy will go staight for the tie which will come of and that shall be his undooing.

Comment

These guns aren't for show, you know what I'm saying?

Comment

Because you don't want to bleed all over your sweet TapOut shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannetosen View Post

You'd think someone would get the idea to attack while you're taking your shirt off.

Comment

Originally posted by OiScout View Post
                        You'd think someone would get the idea to attack while you're taking your shirt off.
                        that would be a winner.

Comment

I do it with the hopes that my opponent, upon viewing my beer belly will underestimate me, thereby allowing me to take the initiative and get the first strike while they are consumed with laughter....

Comment

we get issued elastic ties for exactly this reason because in their veiw the biggest danger we face is to get choked out by a tie.
                            I had to read this twice because I thought you wrote electric ties. That strikes me as something the Joker would wear.

Comment

most of the shirts i go out in are worth 200-300 dollars, so yeah id take it off nicely fold it and give it to a close friend before i engaged in muh street duel.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X