Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Should people be able to block all my submission with raw strength?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should people be able to block all my submission with raw strength?

Good grappling technique can usually overcome all but very large strength differences, so I'm guessing that's what you're lacking.

I have armbarred some very large individuals who are much stronger than I am thanks to technique. Well, that and it's my four limbs versus my partner's arm.
    Last edited by jnp; 3/04/2010 5:04pm, . Reason: syntax agreement
    Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Quite honestly the answer is that you are doing it wrong.

You are trying to counter their strength with strength of your own instead of using better technique to make better use of your strength. There are various methods common in BJJ for using technique to finish an armbar against a stronger opponent. Most of them involve ways of recruiting more of your body to attack their arm. For example, using your leg that is across their body (KEEP THEIR HEAD PINNED WITH THE OTHER ONE) to push against their far elbow to break their grip.
      For americana and kimura there are similar tricks, but understanding the nuances over the internet will be far more difficult and time consuming than having someone take 5 minutes and show you how they are done.
      sigpic

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X