Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aren't there any realistic fight movies out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't there any realistic fight movies out there?

I'm just wondering if any of you have seen a movie that has actual realistic fighting in it instead of spinning hook kicks and backflip knockouts and have more muay thai/boxing fight scenes.

I know it wont sell well, be entertaining blah blah without a flying side kick to someones face for the mainstream audience.

I watched a movie with aload of mma fighters in called death warrior or something it had rampage, gsp, evans, keith jardine and the fight choreographer/main character was hector echavarria and i thought it being low budget it could atleast have some decent fighting but instead hector insists on ridiculous jump kicks other flamboyant fighting scenes. Although the other MMA fighters did some alright wrestling/boxing for a movie but they just got demolished and GSP shows off some spinning hook kick stuff aswell.

So have any of you guys seen any realistic fight scenes in movies free of aikido/kung fu/karate?

btw i did see some good fight scenes in undisputed 2 and getting undisputed 1 aswell i would check them out number 2, Michael Jai White is a champion boxer who is framed and imprisoned in russia and fights some bad ass kickboxer guy and to fight him he has to adapt his style to include kicks and takedowns/submissions etc taught by some crazy old guy in a wheelchair (russian mr miyagi?)

"Nacho Libre"! If thats not realistic enough for you I don't know what is.

Seriously, Maybe try "The Hunted" with Tommy Lee jones and Benecio Del Torro for some good Kali knife fighting.

Last resort try "Unleashed" with Jet Lee is cool, completely different for the most part from his other flix, still not the most realistic though.

Comment

Saving Private Ryan?

Comment

No.
        Even the most gritty, hard-nosed action flick is still going to have an unnaturally smooth cadence to their fight scenes, free of the awkward stumbles, breaks, and pauses that are seen in a real fight.
        You will never see Jason Bourne spending a minute and a half trying to pass someone's half guard, or get out of a headlock. That would be realistic, but that would also be terrible film making.
        The fool thinks himself immortal,
        If he hold back from battle;
        But old age will grant him no truce,
        Even if spears spare him.

Comment

What about Fight Club? There weren't any MA, but it wasn't that off as far as two untrained guys wailing on each other until one falls down.

Comment

What McClaw said. Real fighting is boring when compared to average cinema fare, at least when you're trying to make appealing fight scenes. People have started putting MMA techniques into film because it's (until recently) an unused avenue of choreography, so the techniques look unique and effective even if you have to make them a little flashier.
            Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
            Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Comment

Old Boy is about as good as you're going to get.

YouTube- old boy fight

I haven't seen his latest, but at least Tony Jaa's primate punching bags react fairly realistically to the occasional unrealism they're getting hit with, probably because they could hire some of the ex-Nak Muay running around Thailand to take some shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesperus View Post
                Old Boy is about as good as you're going to get.
                I dunno Hes, those stag films your mom made back in the 70's had some serious, hard core street shit going down IIRC.

Comment

Obviously you have not seen kung fu hustle

Comment

Look for the shit with Annatrocity and JFS et al. Can't get more realistic than that.
                    Or shitter.

Comment

Are there any realistic love stories out there? You know, about fatties.

Comment

Wasn't the last Rocky supposed to have more realistic fights because Stallone and Tarver were throwing real punches at each other? I haven't seen it, but that's what I heard and read.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivington View Post
                          Are there any realistic love stories out there? You know, about fatties.
                          "Fat chicks love me: The Tragic Tale of TheMightyMcClaw."
                          The fool thinks himself immortal,
                          If he hold back from battle;
                          But old age will grant him no truce,
                          Even if spears spare him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
                            "Fat chicks love me: The Tragic Tale of TheMightyMcClaw."
                            Aww, it's not that bad.

Warm in the winter... shady in the summer!

Comment

I liked the scene in 'training day' where Ethan Hawke's character stops the sexual assault in the alley and finishes with a back-choke.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X