Argghhh. . . Bruce Lee has brought me back to bullshido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argghhh. . . Bruce Lee has brought me back to bullshido

I cannot escape the legend of Bruce even on websites for supposedly smart people, in this case a Georgia Tech fan message board. A younger kid threw out a Bruce Lee versus Mike Tyson poll and not only is Bruce currently winning, but a majority of people thing he would completely wreck Mike's shit without Mike ever having a hope of touching him. If we moved the fight "onto the streets" then with all of the AIDS needles, broken glass, and lava then Mike might as well just forfeit.

ARRGHGHHH!!!! Somebody save me from the stupid fanboyism.

Oh and it's good to be back. I should visit more even though my dream of starting training died due to work.

The legend of Bruce Lee lives on. But seriously how do people still believe that he would beat everybody, there is no way anybody 140 pounds could ever beat Mike, he is one of the greatest heavyweights of all time. I wish people would learn that size matters a huge amount in a fight despite what movies would have you believe.
    Welcome back

Comment

Oh no, Bruce had to run for the Chinese mafia after all of his illicit fights drew the attentions of the Triad, the Yakuza, the fucking Huns, and some weirdo living in his mom's basement in Moscow, Iowa. All of whom formed a vast conspiracy to kill an 18 year old nobody that lived on the streets of Hong Kong. He then formed Jeet Kune Do, flew to the moon, started UFC, and impregnated countless white women to form a future generation of elite warriors that would enlighten us all. I believe we know them as kenpo'ists.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMac View Post
        ...websites for supposedly smart people, in this case a Georgia Tech fan message board...
        I wish I could help you, but I'm sorry... I can't stop laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon_6 View Post
          I wish I could help you, but I'm sorry... I can't stop laughing.
          Glad to provide some kind of comic relief.

New developments include that since Mike broke his hand in a street fight he does not know the secret to punching without breaking his hands and would never last on "the street" against true martial artists (remember kids boxing is western and not a martial art). I mean this crap is coming from people that I consider decently rational thinkers.

I feel like I am taking crazy pills!

Comment

Being a rational thinker doesn't help much when one is speaking about a field that is absolutely flooded with hideously romanticized imagery and they know nothing about.

For instance, I'm kinda rational most of the time, but my only exposure to and knowledge of Rugby comes from Star Trek: The Next Generation and the Boufbowl episodes of Wakfu, so, rational or not, if I tried to say anything other than "I know nothing about rugby", chances are it's going to be fucking retarded.

I imagine this applies to martial arts just as well, if not better, because of movie representations and misinformation floating about the interbutts put there by people Bullshido exists to despise.

Comment

Too many people put Bruce on a pedestal. But like they say, Bruce Lee is the most overhyped and underhyped man in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMac View Post
                I mean this crap is coming from people that I consider decently rational thinkers.
                Fucktardism is pervasive. It can be found everywhere. In every job. In every level of life. In every profession. In every country. In every era.
                SEANBABY:
                "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Its the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Comment

Originally posted by feral00 View Post
                  The legend of Bruce Lee lives on. But seriously how do people still believe that he would beat everybody, there is no way anybody 140 pounds could ever beat Mike, he is one of the greatest heavyweights of all time. I wish people would learn that size matters a huge amount in a fight despite what movies would have you believe.
                  Welcome back
                  Akebono wishes that size alone mattered. Size does matter, and I know that Tyson has trained in grappling, but I'm thinking that a trained 140 lbs grappler would have had a good chance at submitting Tyson back in the day. Maybe dive at his feet and heel hook to avoid a punch. Akebono vs Gracie is an extreme example.

Comment

Yeah I guess if Bruce was a phenomenal wrestler he may stand a chance. Besides, you are comparing a movie actor/martial artists vs a full time professional heavyweight boxer... wtf?

Even if all the hype about Bruce's feats such as breaking a 68kg boxing bag with a side kick, being able to hold 61kgs barbell infront, being able to hold the elevated v position for 30minutes etc etc he still wouldn't stand a chance against iron mike, iron Mike fights a living, Bruce acts for a living.

Comment

Bruce was a well rounded martial artist

He had excellent footwork. If you respect Dan Inosanto at all he would tell you the same. Bruce had years of Judo experience from taking lessons in Seattle as well as being great friends with Judo black belts. He was also a student and friend of Gene Lebell, and jiujitsu teacher Wally Jay. He was an excellent kicker according to Chuck Norris. If Bruce could connect with a lead leg knee kick or obstruction, the fight goes to Bruce. All Tyson has his one weapon, although its a fucking dangerous weapon, Bruce had many submission moves in his arsenal. One punch from Tyson is all it takes but one kick from Bruce is all it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by jkdeez View Post
                        He had excellent footwork. If you respect Dan Inosanto at all he would tell you the same. Bruce had years of Judo experience from taking lessons in Seattle as well as being great friends with Judo black belts. He was also a student and friend of Gene Lebell, and jiujitsu teacher Wally Jay. He was an excellent kicker according to Chuck Norris. If Bruce could connect with a lead leg knee kick or obstruction, the fight goes to Bruce. All Tyson has his one weapon, although its a fucking dangerous weapon, Bruce had many submission moves in his arsenal. One punch from Tyson is all it takes but one kick from Bruce is all it takes.
                        How many fights have Bruce being in and how many has Mike being in? Furthermore, how many times do you think Mike has being hit by heavy heavy hitters? A kick from Bruce might hurt but I really doubt it would stop Mike, but one punch of Mike would almost certainly KO Bruce, no matter where the punch landed. Mike was world champion at 20 years old, do you know how many fights he must of had before he turned 21??

Furthermore, Bruce spent his time training and making movies, throw in a few fights and demonstrations, Tyson spent all his time training and fighting to become world champion. Lets face the facts here, Bruce would get KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by jkdeez View Post
                          He was an excellent kicker according to Chuck Norris. .
                          And yet Joe Lewis questioned his kicking ability and strategy when it came to actual fighting.

Curious.

As a former wrestler, it takes a HUGE grappling advantage to overcome a 100 lb weight disadvantage. I always think of Genki Sudo vs. Butterbean to show what it can look like, but Mike had solid clinch and in fighting skills and Lee was not even a remotely dedicated judoka.

Comment

Lets just examine Mike Tyson's career, he has a 52 in 60 record with 42 TKOs, he also has 2 NCs, and out of his 6 losses 3 are to Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis. He's a dangerous man, I'm not questioning Bruce's skill or power but his opponent is one of the best heavyweight boxers of all time.

Comment

God damn it I thought you said you were out of here ...

Originally posted by bdang View Post
                              How many fights have Bruce being in and how many has Mike being in? Furthermore, how many times do you think Mike has being hit by heavy heavy hitters? A kick from Bruce might hurt but I really doubt it would stop Mike, but one punch of Mike would almost certainly KO Bruce, no matter where the punch landed. Mike was world champion at 20 years old, do you know how many fights he must of had before he turned 21??

Furthermore, Bruce spent his time training and making movies, throw in a few fights and demonstrations, Tyson spent all his time training and fighting to become world champion. Lets face the facts here, Bruce would get KTFO.
                              ... but on the bright side you are making sense now .

You know you signed in with the "bdang" account right ?
                              I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                              BILL HICKS,
                              1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                              ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X