Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Anti-MMA sport" Martial Arts Master challenges NY Gov. David Paterson to public deba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, the $640/month is for eight private lessons. Now, whether they're worth $80 an hour is another question...

I'm wondering why a New Jersey "martial arts master" is so concerned about MMA in New York. Given Gov. Paterson's current troubles, I hope he and his staff can find the time to tell Master Christian to eat a bag of (something).

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon_6 View Post

I'm wondering why a New Jersey "martial arts master" is so concerned about MMA in New York. Given Gov. Paterson's current troubles, I hope he and his staff can find the time to tell Master Christian to eat a bag of (something).
      That is a very good question. Isn't MMA already legal and regulated in NJ?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
        That is a very good question. Isn't MMA already legal and regulated in NJ?
        Yes it is. I wonder where Master Christian was when that happened.

Comment

Debating this guy would be like fighting a no arm man while you have a baseball bat. Sure the first couple hits would be fun but after that it will lose its excitement.

Comment

When I read the title, I thought it was going to be a sport that was nothing but headbutting, fish hooking, and strikes to the groin.

I was all excited.

Comment

Originally posted by excludedmiddle View Post
              I didn't mean somebody should jump him. Thought it'd be obvious I meant challenge him to some form of fight, maybe an MMA newb could do it in hopes he'll accept due to said MMAist's noobness or something.
              I'm going to train ninjitsu, then jump him. I also am going to work on my cardio so I can run away really fast after I drop my smoke bomb on his face.

Also, do you think he would even accept it?

Comment

Originally posted by OiScout View Post
                I'm going to train ninjitsu, then jump him. I also am going to work on my cardio so I can run away really fast after I drop my smoke bomb on his face.

Also, do you think he would even accept it?
                Just don't tell him that you train in MT. He will respect you more thinking you are just a "ninjer".

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
                  Just don't tell him that you train in MT. He will respect you more thinking you are just a "ninjer".
                  He won't know anything because I'll be better than him at ninjitsu. I also have to take this approach because obviously if I challenge him straight up, it's now a martial sport.

I plan on having someone bang on those like taiko drums twice really fast, and then I'll come out from the shadows behind him. I may or may not deliver a witty line before he turns around and hears the drums bang twice again with that click noise right after, and it's on.

Damn, I should have been a ninja.

Comment

Was his challenge to debate accepted? If so, there's more stupidity than just this guy.

Look at the dojo schedule - it shows the times that aren't already taken as basically "morning through evening every day". How many students does he have?

His challenge is probably more of a commercial for his crappy "school" than something he actually gives a shit about.

I looked for some pics of his students. He has exactly 1 photo; Some chick with a bo at a park taking a private lesson. The next closest is one with some kids at an Isshyn Ryu school - not his school mind you.

The rest of his Photo gallery looks like LARP-o-rama and the demos he's done are at parks and little community events where nobody appears to be in attendance... Guy's just a nobody loser who's trying to make some noise for attention.
                    Last edited by tao.jonez; 2/09/2010 11:45am, .

Comment

if I challenge him straight up, it's now a martial sport.
                      Then make sure you add it is "to the death."

Hmmm...

Maybe it should actually be "to the pain."

Comment

He won't know anything because I'll be better than him at ninjitsu. I also have to take this approach because obviously if I challenge him straight up, it's now a martial sport.

I plan on having someone bang on those like taiko drums twice really fast, and then I'll come out from the shadows behind him. I may or may not deliver a witty line before he turns around and hears the drums bang twice again with that click noise right after, and it's on.

You could do is this: You confront him in your Ninja outfit, and he shits his pants and try's to run. Then you throw some ninja stars at him and nailed him a wall, and say "heh, why don't you stick around?".
                        Last edited by CharlieWoopAss2; 2/09/2010 1:18pm, .

Comment

If you were really really good at ninjer-ing the guy would just turn up mysteriously dead one day.

Comment

Originally posted by sainthamish View Post
                            Is it really any great surpise that a 'traditional' martial arts practicioner is against the concept of MMA?

MMA proves what works. So it would be a fair assumption that his does not work.

Just like the hundreds of other 'GrandMasters' and 'Sifu's' that rally against MMA.
                            I practice "traditional" martial arts and I have no beef with MMA. Frankly, I think it was long overdue.

This looks more like an issue of losing students to other schools. No wonder, given his prices and outlandish comments.

Besides, he isn't just against MMA. He is against other traditional arts as well. His definition of martial sports schools would include any MA that has a sportive aspect at all. That means that not only is he against taekwondo and Brazilian Jiujitsu (he states these), but he is also against Shotokan, Kyokushin, kendo, judo, and any art where any sparring demonstrates a clear winner. This goes well beyond TMA against MMA.

The requirements of that other link regarding accounts on other websites is simply insane.

Just based on his websites alone, I would not train with him. I suppose that his classes meet the needs of somebody, though certainly not me.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Sullivan View Post
                              I practice "traditional" martial arts and I have no beef with MMA. Frankly, I think it was long overdue.

This looks more like an issue of losing students to other schools. No wonder, given his prices and outlandish comments.

Besides, he isn't just against MMA. He is against other traditional arts as well. His definition of martial sports schools would include any MA that has a sportive aspect at all. That means that not only is he against taekwondo and Brazilian Jiujitsu (he states these), but he is also against Shotokan, Kyokushin, kendo, judo, and any art where any sparring demonstrates a clear winner. This goes well beyond TMA against MMA.

Daniel
                              What I find funny about this tool is the fact that he claims his stuff for for t3h str33ts, where in a self defence situation, there NEEDS to be a clear winner. Or are you going to play patty cake with a mugger, or try to ki him to death in a bar fight.

Comment

Phoenix! Haven't seen you over on the other site much. Hope you've been well!

Daniel

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X