Comat Hapkido is good cause I say so.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comat Hapkido is good cause I say so.

I'm been doing Comat Hapkido for over 2 years. same here the ground fighting is not listed in the curriculum for any belt testing. but my instructor doing that with us at least twice a month. reason is it apply in real life. so from what i know the instructor is encouraged to teach mix martial arts from what they know other then Combat Hapkido. but they have to base on the core of Combat Hapkido.

Originally posted by xunjacksun View Post
    I'm been doing Comat Hapkido for over 2 years. same here the ground fighting is not listed in the curriculum for any belt testing. but my instructor doing that with us at least twice a month. reason is it apply in real life. so from what i know the instructor is encouraged to teach mix martial arts from what they know other then Combat Hapkido. but they have to base on the core of Combat Hapkido.
    Are you sure that your instructor is qualified to teach you ground grappling? If he isn't its crappling and won't do you any good in real life.

Comment

i'm petty sure it worked. well imagine this i weight 120lb, him most of students weight above 220lb, i think... because they are 3 times as big. with the right techniques, i be able to get out of those earth crushing body slam. and right is it work? is the combat hapkido moves work on them? we test it and yes. that's one reason i'm still stay in doing it even though many people been talking none stop about (Grand master Pelligrinis this and that, personally i don't care much. if the person is stronger and wiser then you then you will learn stuff from him regradless if is or not the top 1/10/100 martial artist in the world) they have right to teach after black belt, not sure. i see blue belt teach free lesson so what? he know more then normal ppl. it only helps. but that's end of story. lol go fight him if you want to, been childlish wouldn't solve anything.

Comment

i'm petty sure it worked. well imagine this i weight 120lb, him most of students weight above 220lb, i think... because they are 3 times as big. with the right techniques, i be able to get out of those earth crushing body slam. and right is it work? is the combat hapkido moves work on them? we test it and yes. that's one reason i'm still stay in doing it even though many people been talking none stop about (Grand master Pelligrinis this and that, personally i don't care much. if the person is stronger and wiser then you then you will learn stuff from him regradless if is or not the top 1/10/100 martial artist in the world) they have right to teach after black belt, not sure. i see blue belt teach free lesson so what? he know more then normal ppl. it only helps. but that's end of story. lol go fight him if you want to, been childlish wouldn't solve anything.
        Good sir:

Please learn to type.

Thank you,

bombom

Comment

TX is Texas right? So why are you doing the whole broken English thing?

You suck. But you can be saved, just grow a pair and sign up for judo.. and see if you can escape their earth crushing body slam.

*Edited for newbietown
          "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
          Spoiler:

Comment

As a Hapkido blackbelt I can give you some advice, when looking for a Hapkido school ask about sparring. If they don't spar that is a quick reference on how effective the training will be. Also if they only do point sparring it doesn't count. Also I know many schools get into to grappling, I know I have found grappling training very useful, so that may be another thing you look for.

Comment

ha. interesting. Mr. bombom (Style: none-money is tight). last time i check we are talking about martial arts, not my broken 2nd language. stick with the title like the rest of us, not just random personal attack.why do judo when i already know combat hapkido? no point, if anything i will do some kick boxing on the side. thanks for the advice MMAMickey and Featherweight.

Comment

why do judo when i already know combat hapkido? no point
                Just do yourself a favour, go to a judo club just once and ask to do randori.

I fear that combat hapkido may be more closely related to salsa than it is to judo.
                "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
                Spoiler:

Comment

Actually I have been taking some judo classes while I'm at university. I have found my Hapkido training very useful in nage waza, I'm still having some trouble in ne waza randori. This however is just my experience, Hapkido schools are, because there is no governing body like judo, very school dependent. It can be an effective martial art but you do need to find the right teacher and the right school.

Comment

You guys really need to report shit like this okay?

Combat Hapkido is okay because, the grappling not in the curriculum is taught two days a week?

Welcome to YMAS.

Why?
                    1) Thread Necro, it is almost two years old
                    2) Blatant silliness.

Combat Hapkido - Page 2 - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Comment

.why do judo when i already know combat hapkido? no point, if anything i will do some kick boxing on the side.
                      I can probably already tell you that unless you practice at least an hour of grappling for at least three days a week in this combat hapkido, any yellow belt or above in judo will wipe the floor with you.

Comment

Man at first I thought the title was a misspelling of combat. Then he makes the same typo, so I thought it was like, a modified style of hapkido. But nope.

Comment

Originally posted by OiScout View Post
                          Man at first I thought the title was a misspelling of combat. Then he makes the same typo, so I thought it was like, a modified style of hapkido. But nope.

CHapkido

Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 2/07/2010 1:14pm, .

Comment

2 whole days a month? Yeah, why bother with Judo. Just curious, when you're escaping from the 220lb classmates of yours, exactly what position do they have you in?

Also, there is this really great place on the site called Newbietown. You should check it out and post mainly there.

Comment

If you only do grappling 2 days out of each month, it's quite likely that these earth crushing body slam people know very little about grappling. Also, if you aren't doing full contanct sparring, the "grappling" is most likely some form of LARPing. If you want to learn read grappling I would suggest a good judo or bjj school.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X