Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

great thread....i must say that the study of Chinese martial arts promotes physical and mental health and provides an insight into an important part of Chinese culture.

Originally posted by ninasimren View Post
    great thread....i must say that the study of Chinese martial arts promotes physical and mental health and provides an insight into an important part of Chinese culture.
    orly???

Comment

Originally posted by ninasimren View Post
      it never provided any insight of chinese culture to me. besides, I used to think IMPORTANT parts of chinese culture would be religion/philosophy (daoism, confucianism, chan-buddhism,...), arts and craft (writeing and painting, poetry, music, bone-china, black powder,...) or some modern stuff like city-government of mega-cities...
      but than again, I don't even speak Mandarin.

Comment

Originally posted by Homernoid View Post
        it never provided any insight of chinese culture to me. besides, I used to think IMPORTANT parts of chinese culture would be religion/philosophy (daoism, confucianism, chan-buddhism,...), arts and craft (writeing and painting, poetry, music, bone-china, black powder,...) or some modern stuff like city-government of mega-cities...
        but than again, I don't even speak Mandarin.
        writing in mandarin is crazy hard. I took a couple years of it back in highschool, but all I can remember how to say is "is this picture yours?" and "beer" :)

Comment

that is, why I tried to indicate CMA are propably not that much of such an important part of chinese culture as posted above. Imo to call CMA an important part of chinese culture actually seems ignorant at best.
          But then again, it all belongs to definition of what is considered important part.

propably someone else in here has more to offer on this topic.
          [COLOR=#cccccc][/COLO"]ninasimren - Member Profile - Bullshido

Comment

Originally posted by Homernoid View Post
            that is, why I tried to indicate CMA are propably not that much of such an important part of chinese culture as posted above. Imo to call CMA an important part of chinese culture actually seems ignorant at best.
            But then again, it all belongs to definition of what is considered important part.

propably someone else in here has more to offer on this topic.
            [color=#cccccc][/COLO"]ninasimren - Member Profile - Bullshido
            I completely agree. CMA is only a very small portion of their culture.

Comment

I thought everyone in China fought all time, and were all masters. TV, why do you lie to me!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X