Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to participate in one of those throwdowns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to participate in one of those throwdowns.

I want to participate in one of those throwdowns put right now I probably lack the skills. I have used 5 years training tae kwon do. I trained as hard as I could and I rarely missed any trainings. I even got 2 gold medals from the local championship. However :/ tae kwon do isn't really the best fighting art out there. How much more a fighter would I be if I invested my time and effort somewhere else?

I am currently doing judo. I haove done it almost 1 year now. I am not really good at it. the thing is that I am the skinniest guy in the dojo. I am also the guy with least experience.

Right now. I am considering to start doing bjj because the local bjj instructor is very impressive. bjj costs alot more than judo but it is affordable.

I need to gain weight. my bmi is around 21. I eat unhealthy. I like candy and I haven't really put any effort into eating right. maybe my weight would go up if I put some effort into eating. I hope so. 3 hours training is enough right?

It seems that alot of people do bjj these days. Is bjj the art that I should do? maybe somebody have some advice for me? I generally want to prepare so my opponents don't get bored.

Throwdowns are just friendly sparring sessions. no need to "train" for one. I see them more as learning experiences more than fighting. If you go to the Throwdowns section of the board, you may find one in your area.
    I feel like you eye-bawlin' me, dawg!

Comment

so it is totally ok if I come unskilled and in terrible shape?

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybugly View Post
        Personally, I had done two years of Silat and boxing, and about 10 h total of grappling on my first TD (The EuroMega in Belgium, last year).

I had the time of my life! :inlove:

It also made decide to start doing BJJ and focus more on boxing than I had done in the past. Silat is fun and all, and I probably won't quit altogether, but the pressure testing sort of proved to me that bad boxing beats bad silat. ;)

To each his own, I guess.

But yeah. Go to a TD. Test what you got. It is a great way to learn, and to make friends.

Comment

great. I will see you guys at the next European throwdown then =)

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybugly View Post
            Just make sure you shower first .
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
            BILL HICKS,
            1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
            ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X