Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob to Bullshido but not to Martial Arts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Noob to Bullshido but not to Martial Arts

    Just joined Bullshido today... 1st question: does anyone have a link/vid of a couple of Aikidoka "practicing" Aikido (looks kind of like dancing to me)... you can see them at the beginning of this vid YouTube- Aikido Groove - By Bullshido.net (0:12) by Phrost, but can't seem to find it anywhere. I used to have it, but when I upgraded my computer, lost the vid :( The reason I'm looking for it is because I want to show it to prospective students so that they can know what NOT to do (I'm a Shodan in Aikido, and we NEVER do anything like that - more realistic situations/training).

    #2
    You mean not all Aikido Shodan dance as good as this?

    Hurrrumph...
    Red crosses Aikido off his list of places to learn t3h two step boogie woogie.

    Ohh yah... welcome BTW...

    Hurrumph
    .
    :icon_twis
    .

    To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

    Comment


      #3
      Ahh, I have it somewhere... I need to re-upload it.

      Or you could help petition YouTube to restore the videos on the BullshidoPhrost channel.

      Comment


        #4
        Welcome to the forums. I am the opposite actually, I've been lurking the site for ages but just started practicing MA this year.

        ...and I'm also posting to get rid of that obnoxious 32-size font header.

        Comment


          #5
          thanks for the info (sort of :p) - yep, unfortunately, I can't dance as good as those guys. As for petitioning Youtube to reinstate the video, I would have to know the name of the vid, which I don't :(

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Bombman View Post
            Welcome to the forums. I am the opposite actually, I've been lurking the site for ages but just started practicing MA this year.

            ...and I'm also posting to get rid of that obnoxious 32-size font header.
            Welcome to the forums as well...

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Phrost View Post
              Ahh, I have it somewhere... I need to re-upload it.

              Or you could help petition YouTube to restore the videos on the BullshidoPhrost channel.
              How would I go about doing that, btw?

              Comment


                #8
                Welcome to site. Are you concerned that your students will want to dance instead of train?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by MGM View Post
                  Welcome to site. Are you concerned that your students will want to dance instead of train?
                  Not really, I just don't want them getting into their heads that I'm running a dance class - my students are literally students. I'm running an afterschool program at the high school I work for and most of the kids have not had any kind of Martial Arts experience other than what they've seen on tv/movies.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by STexMartialArts View Post
                    I'm running an afterschool program at the high school I work for and most of the kids have not had any kind of Martial Arts experience other than what they've seen on tv/movies.
                    Really? Haha I'm one of those kids... except its Muay Thai. I think of it as a hobby now but as I practice more I could take it more seriously. (I only practice once a week)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by STexMartialArts View Post
                      How would I go about doing that, btw?
                      Know someone that works at Google?

                      http://www.google.com/support/forum/...eee75ccd&hl=en

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                        sorry, don't know anyone who works for google... good luck trying to get the account fully reinstated!

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                        Working...
                        X