Tag Team MMA Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag Team MMA Match

Very weird video, rules are no punches to head, only slaps (wtf?), all other strikes legal, when a tag is made, it's 2 on 1 for 5 seconds. It's a disappointing mess, but looks fun.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/1/15...-7-20-min-mark

It's... interesting, I guess. I'm assuming the slaps rule is to prevent KOs or GnP? If so, they should just go by Pancrase rules (no closed fist strikes at all, no strikes on the ground).

The 2v2 at the end is something I'd like to see developed more. I'm not sure how, but rules need to be put in place so it doesn't look so much like an orgy.

Comment

Originally posted by Odacon View Post
      Very weird video, rules are no punches to head, only slaps (wtf?), all other strikes legal, when a tag is made, it's 2 on 1 for 5 seconds. It's a disappointing mess, but looks fun.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/1/15...-7-20-min-mark
      Oh my good god!!! What the FUCK!! MMA is a real sport. Its not fucking WWE for fucks sake! These people should be shot for making a mockery of everything else everyone in the sport has worked so hard for!

Comment

You might be surprised to learn that this isn't new:

YouTube- ZST Tag team MMA match

Comment

This is fucking hilarious!!! Great entertainment, but what I was really waiting for a is the full four guys RNC-stack.

Comment

I hate getting slapped...I think I'd rather get punched.

Comment

For some reason I get monty python associations..

Comment

Originally posted by superninjagod View Post
                oh my good god!!! What the fuck!! Mma is a real sport. Its not fucking wwe for fucks sake! These people should be shot for making a mockery of everything else everyone in the sport has worked so hard for!
                I see that MMA, much like the internet, is serious business.

Comment

Real response: That is the most hilarious daisy-chain of toeholds I've ever seen.
                  I remember once doing a similar drill in jiujitsu where we broke the club into two teams, and had an eight-against-eight roll. It was a lot of the sort of stuff you saw there; one guy pulls guard on their opponent, and their partner takes his back and goes for an RNC.
                  This is almost as cool as that free-for-fall threeway full contact karate thing.

Comment

I always thought that Don King would ruin MMA. But apparently it will be Vince McMahon.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post

I'll be honest, that was awesome. However, the way that video is edited it looks like Imanari basically did all the fighting for his team. If that's what actually happened, that would be pretty funny.

As for the tag team match in the first post, the main thing I find stupid is the "everybody in" part where it's 2v2. I honestly would love to see tag team mma or tag team grappling matches. It just seems rather unsafe to have 4 people fighting at the same time with one ref watching them all.

Here's a tag team grappling match with Gomi and Uno on the same team:
                      YouTube- Takanori Gomi and Kaoru Uno in Tag Team Grappling

Comment

Tag team strategy just isn't the same without teams comprised of identical twins to pull one over on easily distracted referees.

Comment

The 2v2 at the end is something I'd like to see developed more. I'm not sure how, but rules need to be put in place so it doesn't look so much like an orgy.
                          Fifteen years ago I had a two-girl tag team try to defeat me in my bed. One of them was too fat, the other was way too skinny. It turned out that the ultimate male dream fantasy sport was really just a nightmare. I had to submit and kick their asses out of my apartment after the first ten minutes when the fat one unexpectedly tried too sit on my face. I am still traumatized by that experience to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post

That was awesome. I love how Imanari's partner is just Imanari with ridiculous Lemmy chops.

Comment

what are you guys talking about, a 3-stack of RNC is to live for.

also, i must point out the obvious chunner possibilities.
                              put 2 tag teams of D34D1Y in each corner and let the foom foom begin.

as an added bonus, i will tell you a story, i was once made to do 40 pushups for suggesting a tag team point sparring kumite back when i did shotokan.

another 40 pushups when i suggested when we had a kata tourney and i suggested doing a demonstration of 3 different teams doing different kata's, but choreograph it so they dont interfere or atleast the moves align and one ends up fighting the other.

I troll IRL too.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X