Is Judo Necessary to Progress at BJJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my never to be humble opinion....

If your Judo is strong, then your Jujitsu is strong.

If your Judo is weak, then your Jujitsu is weak.

Wally Jay said that before I did, but I agree with him.
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Comment

welcome to the boards.gotta go with mtripp.judo/jj combo will help each other out.and in the long run a more balanced all around plan of attack can't hurt either.good luck.

Comment

Since you are focusing on ground work, you should be comfortable getting people there in a number of ways. Seriously, there is nothing more pathetic than a BJJ guy that can't take his opponent to the ground.

Comment

Except for a Judoka who doesn't know what to do when he gets there, as long as we're stereotyping.

"The only important elements in any society
          are the artistic and the criminal,
          because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
          can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Comment

Originally posted by Hedgehogey View Post
            Except for a Judoka who doesn't know what to do when he gets there, as long as we're stereotyping.
            Perhaps, but I seem to recall said stereotyping has been far more negative from the BJJ people towards Judo than the other way around.

Obviously one is going to have a stronger game if they are well rounded in all parts of that game.
            "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Comment

Wrestling is good too.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X