Is 1 day per week of BJJ ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 1 day per week of BJJ ok?

Hello guys, I currently train Judo only twice a week because there is no third day of class at my training dojo.

I was thinking on how to supplement my Judo with a third day, (fridays).

- Option 1: Adding one day of BJJ per week. I am kind of fond of this because it would strenghen my newaza training, but I am afraid of permanently sucking, and being pointless training, (not enough time on the BJJ mat to actually help). What do you think?

- Option 2: Would be to find another Judo dojo, but I really don't want to because I am happy in my current one. Also it is close to my house.

Do you think 1 day per week of BJJ is worth it?

Thank you!

not really but more time on the mat is better than nothing. I would suggest getting a buddy and doing uchikomis twice a week both tachiwaza and newaza. NO randori just uchikomis.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Longlegs View Post
      - Option 1: Adding one day of BJJ per week. I am kind of fond of this because it would strenghen my newaza training, but I am afraid of permanently sucking, and being pointless training, (not enough time on the BJJ mat to actually help). What do you think?
      Training Judo as well I'd think you'd pick up enough to be useful. It will definitely be better than 0 days per week.

Originally posted by Longlegs View Post
      - Option 2: Would be to find another Judo dojo, but I really don't want to because I am happy in my current one. Also it is close to my house.
      No reason why you can't find another Judo place and train at both, Judo is pretty relaxed about such things in my experience.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X