More funny WC on the internets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More funny WC on the internets.

God I hate wing chun, but this gave me minutes of laughter.

YouTube- WING CHUN VS JIU JITSU 1 (GRAPPLING) DEMO. - Sifu Alan Rodrigues and Sifu Ricardo Coelho

YouTube- WING CHUN VS JIU JITSU 3 (Grappling) Demo. Alan e Eli Rodrigues

They're Fucking Brazilian! All Brazilians are born with an intuitive knowledge of the guard, but look at these fuckers.
    Originally posted by Judoka_UK
    Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.

Some of the techniques could be less EXTREME and do have some merit.
    Although I already do some of the stuff seen here during chisau with some of my classmates who do shuaijiao and Youtube-fu (i.e. try stuff seen in UFC via Youtube)

Comment

You gotta love the limp-wristed bear hugs with no resistance and a gap for the arms to offer an easy exit to preform the unrealistic escapes.

Comment

The joke is most of the escapes break the "rules" of WC engagement.
        Most of the strikes done in the video are not within effective striking range.

Fail WC instructor is fail.

Comment

Originally posted by 100xobm View Post
          What to do when a drunken buddy goes "I love you man"

Comment

Originally posted by Whathappened View Post
            Some of the techniques could be less EXTREME and do have some merit.
            Although I already do some of the stuff seen here during chisau with some of my classmates who do shuaijiao and Youtube-fu (i.e. try stuff seen in UFC via Youtube)
            You can't be defending any of that, really?

None of that will work at all, Not on me. And I'm not even very good at judo (seriously).

It all relies on static, limp grabbing by uke, and tori gets to practise his low percentage wristlocks.

Comment

so if a smaller guy tries the worst bearhug ever, this material will freeze him in place so I can do a long combo and pose?

AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by 100xobm View Post
                You can't be defending any of that, really?
                The 2nd half of the 1st video of jit/tan sau with no follow-up is applicable except he fails at WC that I have been taught, as one:
                • Does not stop until the possibility of counter-attack by the opponent is neutralised by way of repositioning out of their range of attack;
                • None of his attacks have his body weight behind them.

He broke the rules of "chasing hands". At no point did he control the uke's balance. At no point did he seek superior positioning. The cardinal rule he broke, he broke contact with the uke. You can't feel something you aren't touching. That's the whole @%$% point of chisau.

Many of his attacks/locks/counters lack any power as he already is at full extension while executing them. A shotgun blast does nothing to a target 5 clicks out except give off your position.
                Last edited by Whathappened; 1/11/2010 2:14am, . Reason: Better formatting, more points

Comment

In all honesty, you aren't fighting grapplers if your friends are attacking you like that.

Even on t3h streets, no one does that kind of butt-chicanery.

Comment

LOL @ the neck snap @ :23 in the 2nd vid. RARR!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whathappened View Post
                      BRB raging...
                      Correcting my earlier post due to it being incoherent rambling of rage.
                      Fails:
                      • did not stop the possibility of counter-attack way of repositioning himself and/or uke out of the range of the uke's range of attack;
                      • At no point did he control the uke's balance. At no point did he seek superior positioning. This is a key point in neutralising an opponent's power.
                      • None of his attacks have his body weight behind them.
                      • Many of his attacks/locks/counters lack any power as he is outside their effective range. A shotgun blast does nothing to a target 5 clicks out except give off your position.
                      • He broke the rules of "chasing hands". This is in the 1st half of the demo, double blocks when he could have parry/counter one limb while repositioning outside the uke's radial range of attack.
                      • He broke the cardinal rule of establishing contact with the uke. You can't feel something you aren't touching. That's the whole @%$% point of chisau.

The uke certainly didn't help the demonstration look any more convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindz View Post
                        What to do when a drunken buddy goes "I love you man"
                        That's what I thought, you get that at 1:11 of the first vid. The 'attacker' just wants to share his love with a cuddle. Bless!

The poses in the second are lush, well Van Damme. But seriously though, these vids just entrench my disgust in the Chun.
                        Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

Bad uke, bad!
                          Tonight, no lube!

Comment

I couldn't even watch them all the way through
                            " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

aaahhhh my eyes!! ..that was fucking retarded.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X