Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come Spar With Me

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post

    As far as they'd be concerned you'd be in effect robbing them of 78.6365% of their offensive capabilities.
    Yeah, have to watch out for anal cheese curl sao.

    Comment


      #17
      I think you should just get some hard ass martial artist from England like Steve Morris to go round and kill every Mcdojoka, film it, bang it on VHS and sell it on ebay.

      Comment


        #18
        Why VHS?

        Comment


          #19
          @op I assumed you wanted to rape us, thanks for proving me wrong

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
            As far as they'd be concerned you'd be in effect robbing them of 78.6365% of their offensive capabilities.
            I love how they claim illustratively speaking, that they can hit the bullseye (finger thrust into eye) on a moving dartboard (head) with their j00 d34dly technique when they can't even hit said moving dartboard in the 1st place. Paradox much? :psyduck:

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Whathappened View Post
              I love how they claim illustratively speaking, that they can hit the bullseye (finger thrust into eye) on a moving dartboard (head) with their j00 d34dly technique when they can't even hit said moving dartboard in the 1st place. Paradox much? :psyduck:
              Permahudef said it best. Chun is a quantum martial art.

              No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Chunners going at it pretty hard in the ring

              Originally posted by permahudef View Post
              You see, you just need to put yourself in a mindset free of contradictions. Where things can both exist and not exist. THEN you will understand the chun. Schroedinger's chun.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Stu-Jitsu View Post
                Ok, I just thought of what could be a pretty good tv show.

                Those of you in the UK may be familiar with the show, Come Dine With Me, where four fairly normal people each host a dinner party over four nights, and the other three rate their experience at the host's place out of ten, with the winner being the host with the most out of 30.

                Anyways, my idea is this: take four MA instructors (of the same art - each art could have its own show, one for Judo, one for BJJ, etc) and have each of them host a kind of seminar-ish event/souped up sparring session at their respective gyms, complete with their usual students. The other 3 instructors would be distinguished guests.

                After each event, the guest instructors rate their experience out of ten, with the winner having the most points at the end. I would call this wonder...

                Come Spar With Me

                :D

                Lol any good?

                Stu xD
                Hate to burst your bubble, but we have a program with a similar concept here in China. It's called Wulin Dahui. 4 people from one art spar. Then the next week 4 people from another art spar. However it's limited to CMA. Bajiquan, Shaolinquan, Taijiquan, CLF, and more. I don't see it every week, so I don't know which other arts are listed, but shifu told me it's all CMA.

                Comment


                  #23
                  YouTube- Tongbei quan (wulin dahui)

                  Haven't found a sparring clip yet. However, they need to bring the idea over state side even if only technique based because arguments will arise over performance, lineage, and training. Would be interesting to watch.

                  So, those who produce American TV shows, bring this over. It's far more entertaining than the Jersey Shore crap you're trying to put on.

                  EDIT: Found a "sparring" clip.
                  YouTube- Tongbei quan (one fight from the 8 fight in the tongbei wulin dahui)

                  Fix up the sparring rules and it'll work. Hell, we get regular jackasses to spar with Pro MMA fighters on "Bully Beatdown." Find schools ready to take up a similar challenge.
                  Last edited by Demon Eyes; 1/11/2010 11:57pm, .

                  Comment


                    #24
                    It's certainly a platform to spring some ideas of then. But the rules in Wulin Dahui still have to be cleaned up I guess. The constant stopping starting thing during bouts for instance. One thing I like though is between fights they will show you a technique from the style that's showing on that episode and show you how to do it.

                    Anybody want to make a US version?

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Demon Eyes View Post
                      YouTube- Tongbei quan (wulin dahui)

                      Haven't found a sparring clip yet. However, they need to bring the idea over state side even if only technique based because arguments will arise over performance, lineage, and training. Would be interesting to watch.

                      So, those who produce American TV shows, bring this over. It's far more entertaining than the Jersey Shore crap you're trying to put on.

                      EDIT: Found a "sparring" clip.
                      YouTube- Tongbei quan (one fight from the 8 fight in the tongbei wulin dahui)

                      Fix up the sparring rules and it'll work. Hell, we get regular jackasses to spar with Pro MMA fighters on "Bully Beatdown." Find schools ready to take up a similar challenge.
                      Somehow the whole fighting ends up looking like sanda w/o boxing gloves......
                      "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
                      - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

                      Comment


                        #26
                        In Holland there used to be a show called ' star boxing'.
                        (boxing with the stars) sorta low level famous people from b-movies and shit would get in the ring and use MT to beat the crap outta eachother.
                        it was fucking awesome.
                        they paired people up who were dishing eachother via the tabloids and shit.

                        guys from mehiro and golden glory gym trained the stars in the weeks for the fight.
                        sweetest thing i ever saw.

                        my idea was: the reckoning/the score: if you were bullied as a kid, or this guy stole your girlfriend or trashed your car while he borrowed it, e.g. wronged a person in some way, then in that show you can publicly challenge him in such a humiliating way the guy has to accept.

                        both guys get a month of training and then go at eachother.
                        SWEET.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Lebell View Post
                          my idea was: the reckoning/the score: if you were bullied as a kid, or this guy stole your girlfriend or trashed your car while he borrowed it, e.g. wronged a person in some way, then in that show you can publicly challenge him in such a humiliating way the guy has to accept.

                          both guys get a month of training and then go at eachother.
                          SWEET.
                          Isn't that basically bully beatdown, though?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Bohemian Nights View Post
                            Isn't that basically bully beatdown, though?
                            no, its more then that.
                            sure you can do bullies, but with bully beatdown a mma dude did the fighting.
                            with this idea you let two people fight who have a score to settle.

                            some dude who stole your girlfriend.

                            the annoying loud neighbour.

                            your old highschoolbully.

                            the man from the taxes.

                            whatever, you got a grudge, you go to that show.

                            it would be fucking awesome.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Lebell View Post
                              no, its more then that.
                              sure you can do bullies, but with bully beatdown a mma dude did the fighting.
                              with this idea you let two people fight who have a score to settle.

                              some dude who stole your girlfriend.

                              the annoying loud neighbour.

                              your old highschoolbully.

                              the man from the taxes.

                              whatever, you got a grudge, you go to that show.

                              it would be fucking awesome.

                              TV show writers?
                              GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                              Originally posted by Devil
                              I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                              Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                              I <3 Battlefields...

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X