Come Spar With Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come Spar With Me

Ok, I just thought of what could be a pretty good tv show.

Those of you in the UK may be familiar with the show, Come Dine With Me, where four fairly normal people each host a dinner party over four nights, and the other three rate their experience at the host's place out of ten, with the winner being the host with the most out of 30.

Anyways, my idea is this: take four MA instructors (of the same art - each art could have its own show, one for Judo, one for BJJ, etc) and have each of them host a kind of seminar-ish event/souped up sparring session at their respective gyms, complete with their usual students. The other 3 instructors would be distinguished guests.

After each event, the guest instructors rate their experience out of ten, with the winner having the most points at the end. I would call this wonder...

Come Spar With Me

:D

Lol any good?

Stu xD

Wouldn't last long, but, hell, I'd watch it.

Comment

I'd watch it too, but I get the feeling it wouldn't stir up enough drama to be considered 'good' TV Fodder by today's rather abysmal standards.

Unless Ashida Kim gets involved.

Comment

Ah hell if you are talking about getting Ashida Kim on this show you might as well go whole hog. Have a 'bullshido' episode if you will, get Phil Elmore, Frank Dux, Ashida Kim, and Jason Brinn. Pit them against each other and allow them the full range of use for their 'deadly' techniques....

YouTube- CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!! - Whoop that cripple - Funny

Comment

Originally posted by SoylentNinja View Post
          Ah hell if you are talking about getting Ashida Kim on this show you might as well go whole hog. Have a 'bullshido' episode if you will, get Phil Elmore, Frank Dux, Ashida Kim, and Jason Brinn. Pit them against each other and allow them the full range of use for their 'deadly' techniques....

YouTube- CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!! - Whoop that cripple - Funny

Now thats a show I would defiantly watch. Out of pure sick curiosity of course.

Comment

any good !

Comment

Fantastic. Will there also be a cunning demonstration of real deadly hula-hoop levitation matches followed by the real Dim Mak extravaganza? :jihad1:

Comment

Did i mention that there will be a crossbow bolt dodging competition at the end of the show?

Comment

Did i mention that there will be a crossbow bolt dodging competition at the end of the show?

Is that before or after the chi fire balls catching?

Comment

If it's anything like typical results of the Bujinkan's 5th Dan Sakki test, this will not only end the show with highly fatal results. Extra points if they have rising sun headbands on as blindfolds.

Comment

Or just a Bullshido documentary web series with everything.

Comment

You should host it in an eight sided cage and call it Ultimate Fighting.
                        GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                        Originally posted by Devil
                        I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                        Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                        I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

DA reality show, anyone?

Comment

Wait, someone brought up the chun. I have an idea. Get every single chun school to spar each other. Finally have a majority accepted "Real Chun" clarified, then have that fighter fight in the UFC. It can finally put that street vs sport argument to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Eyes View Post
                              Wait, someone brought up the chun. I have an idea. Get every single chun school to spar each other. Finally have a majority accepted "Real Chun" clarified, then have that fighter fight in the UFC. It can finally put that street vs sport argument to rest.
                              It's a nice idea in theory - but I suspect that it will hit a speedbump in the real world when trying to convince the Chunners to obey the 'no fingers in orifices' rule. Probably be a bit like trying to herd housecats.

As far as they'd be concerned you'd be in effect robbing them of 78.6365% of their offensive capabilities.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X