Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of amazing skill that never actively competed?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone know of amazing skill that never actively competed?

    I'm wondering if anyone out there has trained with someone in your gym or met outside your academy that, for whatever reason, never competed that you feel might be of world champion caliper? I know that there are many amazing martial artists testing themselves in open competition now. I can also imagine that there are some people out there that simply practice with no interest in competition that are amazingly good. Does anyone here know someone like this?

    #2
    Yes. Yes I have.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

    Comment


      #3
      This thread is going to be massive bait for students of ancient Chun/Aikido/Systema/whatever masters who were too deadly or too badass to compete.



      Calling it now.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by G-Off View Post
        This thread is going to be massive bait for students of ancient Chun/Aikido/Systema/whatever masters who were too deadly or too badass to compete.



        Calling it now.
        Yeah, no kidding. I may have opened hell's gates.

        Comment


          #5
          I only fight on the street. CCTV disrupts my chi.

          Comment


            #6
            John Danaher. Considered by many who have trained at Renzo's as one of the greatest bjj instructors in the world (including GSP).

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by thatrugbyguy View Post
              I only fight on the street. CCTV disrupts my chi.

              Whats chi?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by George-Jitsu View Post
                Yeah, no kidding. I may have opened hell's gates.

                Yes, you may well have.

                Should be fun.

                *rubs hands excitedly*

                Comment


                  #9
                  Beside me? Hmmm not sure..just kidding:-) No I do compete just not in anything serious. I do have a friend though who fits that description. He makes really good money already and doesn't want to chance getting hurt.

                  I don't blame him if I made a six figure salary martial arts would be no more than a hobby for me too...wait a minute *thinks* It is a hobby for me! *does push-ups*

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by thorthe power View Post
                    I don't blame him if I made a six figure salary martial arts would be no more than a hobby for me too...wait a minute *thinks* It is a hobby for me! *does push-ups*
                    Thorfu is too deadly for the boardroom?
                    :bowdown:

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by sainthamish View Post
                      Whats chi?
                      A mystic force that negates the rules of evidence.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by George-Jitsu View Post
                        I'm wondering if anyone out there has trained with someone in your gym or met outside your academy that, for whatever reason, never competed that you feel might be of world champion caliper? I know that there are many amazing martial artists testing themselves in open competition now. I can also imagine that there are some people out there that simply practice with no interest in competition that are amazingly good. Does anyone here know someone like this?
                        Mikhail Ryabko

                        :love4::love4::love4::love4::love4::love4::love4:



                        :bully::bully::bully::bully::bully:(sorry, no fat version)
                        :love4::love4::love4::love4::love4::love4::love4:
                        Last edited by Larus marinus; 1/08/2010 6:29am, .

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Whathappened View Post
                          Thorfu is too deadly for the boardroom?
                          :bowdown:

                          Yes lol...the real thor-fu :qright6:

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Nicko1 View Post
                            A mystic force that negates the rules of evidence.

                            Oh. I just assumed it was like t3h d34dly no touch knockout.

                            Comment

                            Collapse

                            Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                            Working...
                            X