Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mabs Cull: This is what I see as a problem with focussing on sparing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foxd View Post
    No, but he's spared people. I guess he's so powerful that he has to check himself and not kill everyone he meets with his chunbeams.
    Do chunbeams cause the lava that we see in teh streetz nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
      Do not resurrect threads which died 5 years ago unless you have something new & constructive to say.

In other words, SHUT THE FUCK UP.
      That was posted in respons to the necro, and must have been missed when the thread was culled.

Comment

Yeah, I culled right as you posted. I didn't realize I left your post my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
          Yeah, I culled right as you posted. I didn't realize I left your post my apologies.
          No worries, I guess considering the amount of culling that needs doing, it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by wcgate View Post
            When you practice the WC drills and techniques it is at full power. When you spar you must "hold back" so as to not do serious harm to your sparing partner. You will fight the way you train. If the bulk of your training is in sparing then you're not likely to explode full power into a real confrontation. Where, if you always practice those techniques at full power then when you have an instant reaction in a real situation it will naturally explode at full power. This is what I see as a problem with focussing on sparing.
            Sparring is the most important element of your training. It toughens you up. It helps you develop a sense of timing, which you will never get from a compliant drill.

And, most importantly, it will tell you what techniques you are most suited for. Everyone is different, everyone has favorite techniques and combinations of techniques. You will never figure this out if you don't spar.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X