Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How "intimate" are you with your MA club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsukyomi
    replied
    I just noticed the tags

Leave a comment:

• Alucard619
    replied
    Most of the people I train with I'm fairly good friends with. Then there are others that are complete douche bags that I try to avoid at all costs.

Leave a comment:

• Whathappened
    replied
    Originally posted by Hesperus View Post
    Most weeks I see the guys at the club for more total time than I see any single friend, so...they're my besties?
    If they attended your wedding and moved your furniture at some point in the past or future.
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Hesperus
    replied
    Most weeks I see the guys at the club for more total time than I see any single friend, so...they're my besties?

Leave a comment:

• permahudef
    replied
    I get along with everyone I train with. I'm not 'close' with them, but it's positive (albeit shallow) friendships. Nothing really breaks the ice like rolling with someone. I normally don't goto dojo social functions (sometimes I go), and I don't make any effort to see them outside of classes, but if I see them outside of class it's always nice to see them. E.g. I was watching UFC at a pub with some of my other friends, saw some guys I trained with, then we all sat together.

Leave a comment:

• Tsukyomi
    replied
    I respect everyone at the gym I train, A couple I talk to frequently since another friend of mine joined the club (finally)

Leave a comment:

• Suprore
    replied
    Originally posted by Ike View Post
    Sarcasm is downright impossible to express in text.
    you're being sarcastic, right?

Leave a comment:

• tao.jonez
    replied
    If you were really intimate, you'd give each other colonics. It's so impersonal to have someone you don't even know do THAT. Freak.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Machette
    replied
    So, are you guys saying the colonic thing isn't normal?

...oh god... :/

Leave a comment:

• Ike
    replied
    Sarcasm is downright impossible to express in text.

Leave a comment:

• SaintHamish
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    I think my club might be pretty intimate.

At the end of every class is a special "validation" session, where we all talk about our feelings with each other and make spoons on the mat.

Sometimes, we go shopping together, and get our hair and nails "did" outside of class.

Next week, we're all getting colonics at this great day spa. We get a group discount, and free aroma therapy for showing up with all our friends. It's a great exercise for building team spirit.

How about you guys?

Its normally quite difficult to express sarcasm in text, but I think you succeeded.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Machette
    replied
    I think my club might be pretty intimate.

At the end of every class is a special "validation" session, where we all talk about our feelings with each other and make spoons on the mat.

Sometimes, we go shopping together, and get our hair and nails "did" outside of class.

Next week, we're all getting colonics at this great day spa. We get a group discount, and free aroma therapy for showing up with all our friends. It's a great exercise for building team spirit.

How about you guys?

Leave a comment:

• Mackan
    replied
    I train at this fairly small club, but I think I have helped all but one of the move at some point or other. Or at least carry in fridge and stove at the new place...

We tend to hang out at times, but since we are all in that "married with kids"-age (even some of us haven't actually spawned yet) it is not that frequent.

But meaningful relationships, none the less.

Leave a comment:

• DarkPhoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Ike View Post
    I noticed that in my more RBSD classes (JKD, for instance), friendships were hard to develop and the crowd skewed older, whereas in the "sport" classes, there was a more potent sense of camraderie and the crowd was younger if not more evenly distributed. Maybe it's just me?
    I can see how that makes sense, only because most people do RBSD because they think they are going to get raped or fondled by every stranger they meet. People who go for the sport aspect, now that they are working with a team to better themselves, and that is much easier to do when there is a connection there.

That's just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Ike
    replied
    Originally posted by Lu Tze View Post
    He wouldn't let you watch, huh?
    If he had let me watch, at least then I'd know the approximate location of his jizzim spray, instead of having to discover the crusty semen deposits spot by spot. I still have no idea how he hit the ceiling and the underside of the toilet lid. That's some vertical range.

I noticed that in my more RBSD classes (JKD, for instance), friendships were hard to develop and the crowd skewed older, whereas in the "sport" classes, there was a more potent sense of camraderie and the crowd was younger if not more evenly distributed. Maybe it's just me?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X