Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How "intimate" are you with your MA club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Moment
    replied
    I have a lot of empty sex with the guys at the club, but when they truly try to get to know me I end up pushing them away.

Leave a comment:

• battlefields
    replied
    I am not part of the in crowd at BJJ, more like a periphery student cause I am unable to train every session. This isn't too bad, though, most of the guys are good blokes and I get along well with them, especially the instructor who provided moral support during a difficult time last year.
    I understand I am the new guy with minimal technique and grossly overweight (so being under me is painful) plus I don't drink so the chances of having a social life with the guys are diminished, but I don't really care because I am 27, have my own friends, have my own life and have a fiancee. I go to BJJ primarily to train, anything else is an unexpected bonus.
    I'd like to get intimate with some of the chicks from my old TKD class, though...

Leave a comment:

• kikoolol
    replied
    I'll speak to them in class, but not much else. One of them has more randori with me sometimes after class, and that's about it.

I'm a very private and reserved person, so that actually doesn't mean much. I don't exactly have many friends from school either. I perhaps voluntarily stay out of the loop. Always been that way, always will, and I don't suffer from it.

Leave a comment:

• zlarin
    replied
    I have a few pretty good friends at the dojo. I even turned to one of them when I was in need of a roommate. Turned out to be a pretty shitty roommate.

Leave a comment:

• King Sleepless
    replied
    Judo - Pretty close. I got out with sensei and the boys to a sushi/bar place to get food and drinks with them on Wednesdays after class. It's a really old tradition they've been doing at the dojo for about 10ish years now. They asked me to go a few months ago.

SAMBO - Very close. Omega, Coffeefan, Mrs. Coffeefan are all very important people to me. Though I only see them once every two months or so, I'd give my left arm for them.

TKD - Very close. I hang out with some of my old co-students/instructors from TKD a lot and still go back once a week to help out with a class or two and teach them the basics of kick boxing.

Leave a comment:

• Whathappened
    replied
    Apologies for double post.

Originally posted by honest_truth View Post
    we chat after training and i have them on facebook, mostly thats about it.

Am i missing out on something here ?
    That's what I'm trying to find out. lol. Like some of the responses here, I'm not really into big groups, so I just wanted to know how much after-workout activities I'm missing out on.

Originally posted by Stu-Jitsu View Post
    Also, Whathappened: what do TCC and BQZ stand for?
    Tai Chi Chuan and Ba Qua/Gua Zhang (aka 8 triagram boxing). :pancakebu

Leave a comment:

• Whathappened
    replied
    Originally posted by liuzg150181 View Post
    @WhatHappened:
    Rather off-topic,but how many martial arts you have listed are you training right now? Seems like you are training 7 days a week......
    These are the MA groups I currently/previously attended.

To answer your question, currently WC, Ashihara solo drills and Tai chi chuan forms.

Leave a comment:

• Keeze
    replied
    We're a pretty tight group. We sometimes all go grab dinner together after we train, or we'll sit and chat and have a beer together.

Leave a comment:

• jkdbuck76
    replied
    We're a very tight group.

Leave a comment:

• Monkfg
    replied
    I've got nothing to do with the MMA guys outside of training which differ a lot from me in character, interests and lifestyle. I'm closer to the Tai Chi guys, but still I only train privately with some from time to time.
    The problem for me is that the Tai Chi practitioners don't have any idea of fighting(we don't practice for fighting but for internal development which I use for fighting) and the MMA guys can't really understand what I'm practicing in Tai Chi. So noone really gets me and that sucks because my way of practice is natural to me and because of that I don't understand the others to good.
    At Tai Chi I'm the fighter guy and at MMA I'm the Tai Chi guy.
    Okay, enough complaints. I love that training combination.

Leave a comment:

• Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs
    replied
    Bjj and Wrestling (same club): almost weekly partying
    Judo: I'll bump into some of the guys on Thursday night when going out -> So I'll see my bed around Friday morning for 2 hours before going to work
    Savate: the club goes for drinks after the training in the cafetaria of the sportcomplex.
    Muay Thai: When I bump into on of the guys on a Saturday night (happens once every two weeks) -> I'll always see the dawn of Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• money
    replied
    Originally posted by honest_truth View Post
    This. I have a couple who were good friends before I started training but that's different.

Leave a comment:

• honest_truth
    replied

Am i missing out on something here ?

Leave a comment:

• tao.jonez
    replied
    I have some of the guys from my school over to my house on Sundays because the school is closed. We work out in my garage on the heavy bag, double end, plyometrics, etc. and do some sparring (boxing).

I don't really "hang out" in general.

Leave a comment:

• Stu-Jitsu
    replied
    Well BJJ's just a big orgy, anyways..:P

Em honestly, I'm the youngest person at my club (by at least 4-5 years), so none really. T'would be nice, but hey:)

Also, Whathappened: what do TCC and BQZ stand for?

Stu xD

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X