No announcement yet.

Instant Gong Sau that lived up to the hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am starting to lose faith in this more and more. I really don't see the point in turning up tomorrow. I can only lose, even if I win. I mean, if I win I've only beaten a blue belt, thats like on of the lowest ranks in BJJ. Its a tough decision for me, either fight to 40% of my ability and meaby get beaten, if I could go 100% I would, but since theres no eye gauging or biting then I am still limited. I focus on those techniques alot in my training so it would just be stupid not to be able to use them. I have been training and focussing today and will see dasmoose tomorrow.
    Greetings

Comment

Alex, your first ever fight can be a daunting thing, so I don't blame you for being apprehensive. If you just look at it as a learning experience, I'm sure you'll do great, and win or lose, you'll get a lot out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackFox View Post
        Alex, your first ever fight can be a daunting thing, so I don't blame you for being apprehensive. If you just look at it as a learning experience, I'm sure you'll do great, and win or lose, you'll get a lot out of it.
        Crackfox,

This won't be my first fight, and It probably won't be my last. I have had many hard sparring sessions with likeminded training partners who place emphasis on realism and speed. Also I have mentioned that I have defended myself more than a few times outside of training. I come from a rough area, if it weren't for kung fu I probably wouldn't be sitting here typing this. But thanks for your concern.

Alex

Comment

But I thought you used to like BJJ, what made you change your mind?

Originally posted by ganja-ninja View Post
          They are all referring to 'bjj': Brazilian jiu jitsu. Devolped by the Gracie famillie, they have kicked ass for a loooooooooong time, challenged almost every style known to man and pretty much won everything. Thanks to them it is that we have a realistic view on grappling today. 30 years ago nobody even really took into account that a small 160 pound guy who did bjj could probably tap muhammed ali out in a few seconds

Comment

Originally posted by kungfu-alex View Post
            I am starting to lose faith in this more and more. I really don't see the point in turning up tomorrow. I can only lose, even if I win. I mean, if I win I've only beaten a blue belt, thats like on of the lowest ranks in BJJ. Its a tough decision for me, either fight to 40% of my ability and meaby get beaten, if I could go 100% I would, but since theres no eye gauging or biting then I am still limited. I focus on those techniques alot in my training so it would just be stupid not to be able to use them. I have been training and focussing today and will see dasmoose tomorrow.
            Greetings
            On your marks....get set...anddddd

DICTUCK!!!!

(Fyi I don't think you're dicktucking this was a shitty troll from the beginning)

Comment

So, you posted this in 2005:
              Originally posted by ganja-ninja View Post
              I did ninjutsu for about 3 years before i moved on to other things... It's still part of my 'fighting style' (carefull use of words, not trying to sound cheesy). I have a video of me sparring against a TKD blackbelt if anyone is interested?
              and at that time you had ninjitsu, sub-grappling and MT in your style field.

How long did you say you have you been doing kung-fu again? Longer than DasMoose has been doing the zhoo-zitsu?

Comment

But I thought you used to like BJJ, what made you change your mind?
                As I mentioned earlier in this thread, when dasmoose called me out on my old account, this was years ago when I was dabbeling in some groundfighting. I had just watched a documentary on them and I guess I got carried away, I have never actually trained BJJ. When I started training kung fu my sifus showed me easy and effective way of countering common bjj and wrestling techniques. Over the last few years I have been building on those principles adding more and more techniques to my anti grappling arsanel. I would always prefer to stand than grapple, everything about my style is standing, or how to stand up. I would only finish the fight on the ground if the situation called for it.

Comment

When I started training kung fu my sifus showed me easy and effective way of countering common bjj and wrestling techniques. Over the last few years I have been building on those principles adding more and more techniques to my anti grappling arsanel.
                  How many years? More years than the wing chun guy from the video?

I would always prefer to stand than grapple,
                  And I'd prefer if Megan Fox gave up staring in shitty movies and moved over here to hang around with me and have sex, but it's not going to happen.

Comment

So, you posted this in 2005:

and at that time you had ninjitsu, sub-grappling and MT in your style field.

How long did you say you have you been doing kung-fu again? Longer than DasMoose has been doing the zhoo-zitsu?
                    I've been doing kung fu for about 4 years, I started early 2006 altough I had trained a few times before that. I trained at a gym with lots of MT and wrestling for a little under a year but lost interest in it and moved on to kung fu. I found the training more practical and it translated better as something I could apply in real life situations

Comment

I've been doing kung fu for about 4 years, I started early 2006 altough I had trained a few times before that.
                      Well then, dasmoose has been doing BJJ for longer than that, so your worries about looking bad for fighting somebody with a lot less training than you are unfounded.

Comment

I have never actually trained BJJ. When I started training kung fu my sifus showed me easy and effective way of countering common bjj and wrestling techniques..
                        You don't see the problem with this quote? You've never done bjj or wrestling, how do you know if these counters work against a legitimate BJJ artist? You're not qualified to judge that, such as I'm not qualified to judge an ice dancing competition.

Comment

Comment

Well then, dasmoose has been doing BJJ for longer than that, so your worries about looking bad for fighting somebody with a lot less training than you are unfounded.
                            Nah, I started summer 2006. So he has a slight edge on me.

Alex, let me just assure you that if you do turn up you'll be treated with nothing but respect and we can have a good fair fight and then go for a beer afterwards. I've sent you a message privately on youtube with information about where you can meet me beforehand so we can have a chat and i can sign you into the centre and so on.

Comment

This is actually is better than DTT vs Sirc.

Remember he does kung fu so, the education you think will occur won't.:ohyea7qh:

Comment

Was delighted to open this thread up and see mentions of QUB BJJ club.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X