Instant Gong Sau that lived up to the hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christmoose View Post
    I think simulating eye gouging and biting would be a lot worse for realism than just not allowing them - what are we going to do, stop when you look like you "could" bite me and give you 5 points or something?

We can lift the mats if you want, but as others said who is that going to benefit more, the person going for the takedown or the person getting taken down?
    remove the mats, and allow eye-gouging. let him learnn the hard way how reality works. Hit him with a big takedown, mount and then eye-gouge him into submission.

he'll soon realize that there really isn't anyway to use "dirty" tactics when you're completely outclassed and out-positioned anyway.

It really says a lot for the art of wing chun that they can not fight without eye-gouging or biting... 2 things anyone with no training can do. what an amazing art that must be.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Comment

Have I glossed the last page of this thread right? Has some Kung Fu guy challenger DasMoose?

Comment

Yep you have the basics correct. However it looks like the kung fu guy has all the tells that a troll has and it is doubtful that anything will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by illegalusername View Post
          Reads like a troll, acts like a troll, it's probably a dicktucker.

Though the grand prize for the 2009 Dicktucking Championships is still hotly contested for Novell "Black Taoist" Bell and Mahaliel "Sensei Mo" Bethea
          No, the 2009 Dicktuck Award goes to Munacra. Clearly.

Originally posted by shaolin pimp View Post
          Lol @ dicktucking championship, Sirc what happened with DTT? I tried to search for a thread but couldn't find anything.
          February. Until then, it's build up and showmanship.

Originally posted by SoylentNinja View Post
          Yep you have the basics correct. However it looks like the kung fu guy has all the tells that a troll has and it is doubtful that anything will happen.
          He'll probably show. It'll be awesome.

Comment

Well, I'll pity the poor bastard if he does. I'll also point and laugh.

Comment

In a year he'll be thanking Moose and be training muay thai, kyokushin, BJJ, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by M-Tri View Post
                remove the mats, and allow eye-gouging. let him learnn the hard way how reality works. Hit him with a big takedown, mount and then eye-gouge him into submission.

he'll soon realize that there really isn't anyway to use "dirty" tactics when you're completely outclassed and out-positioned anyway.

It really says a lot for the art of wing chun that they can not fight without eye-gouging or biting... 2 things anyone with no training can do. what an amazing art that must be.
                I think myself along with most other chunners would say that wing chun kung fu is much more than eyegouses and biting. If you take them away you are limiting my arsenal and strategy but it's not crippling it to the degree that some posters seem to try to amke you think. It takes away maybe 5 percent of the things I can do.

Comment

It also means your opponent won't eyegouge you from mount after they mount you, or bite the shout out of you from top of side control.
                  If you can't achieve a superior position in the first place then biting and eye gouging are not gonna do much for you.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd llike to point something out regarding all these eye gouging and biting techniques. If you're in a fight and you gouge out someone's eye or bite a chunk of their flesh off, where does that leave you when the cops show up?

Here's my second point. In the previous four altercations I've been in, I used my martial art to successfully restrain and subdue my opponent without throwing a single punch. In fact, all I had to do was tell them I would choke them unconscious if they didn't calm down followed by applying pressure with the standing RNC. They calmed down and nobody got hit or injured.

In fact, in the last altercation, I had to hold the guy down until the cops got there. Once they got there the manager of the establishment remarked to the police how I never had to strike the asshole who attacked me. The police complimented me on my restraint.

Now, which art do you all think has less legal liability inherent in it's techniques? Those that teach the deadly biting and eye gouge, or one that teaches you to control and restrain your opponent?
                    Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grinch View Post
                      I'd llike to point something out regarding all these eye gouging and biting techniques. If you're in a fight and you gouge out someone's eye or bite a chunk of their flesh off, where does that leave you when the cops show up?
                      not to mention disease and blood pathogens... biting is just fucking stupid, and it should be an absolute last resort of desperation only. unless you already have every disease and blood pathogen known to man... in which case I suppose it would be a good strategy and make you super-deadly.
                      FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Comment

That video was quite something.
                        After spending some of the festive period watching the small children bite , poke and scratch each other.
                        I have concluded that babies are born knowing only Wing Chun.
                        King without a crown

Comment

Its been 2 years since his conversion, maybe we can get uneasy uneasywerewolf to fight the KF guy.

btw i find it funny that on the hard sparring wing chun vid the fights inevitably end up on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grinch View Post

Here's my second point. In the previous four altercations I've been in, I used my martial art to successfully restrain and subdue my opponent without throwing a single punch. In fact, all I had to do was tell them I would choke them unconscious if they didn't calm down followed by applying pressure with the standing RNC. They calmed down and nobody got hit or injured.

In fact, in the last altercation, I had to hold the guy down until the cops got there. Once they got there the manager of the establishment remarked to the police how I never had to strike the asshole who attacked me. The police complimented me on my restraint.

Now, which art do you all think has less legal liability inherent in it's techniques? Those that teach the deadly biting and eye gouge, or one that teaches you to control and restrain your opponent?
                            You mean to say that every altercation on t3h st33tz is not a death match??????? In which it is perfectly ok to maim and kill all who oppose your might and strength???

You are clearly delusional Grinch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wingchunx2z View Post
                              I think myself along with most other chunners would say that wing chun kung fu is much more than eyegouses and biting. If you take them away you are limiting my arsenal and strategy but it's not crippling it to the degree that some posters seem to try to amke you think. It takes away maybe 5 percent of the things I can do.

Just to point out ( and I am sure you don't disagree) In the early UFC's headbutting was allowed and wreslters Like Mark Kerr would tie people up and from in their guard head but their noses to Bolivia (or oblivion take your pick)

Anyways when they made headbutting illegal wrestlers and wrestling was still a dominant style.

AND

Royce pulled hair in the early UFC's and when they made that illegal BJJ was still dominant.

So my point is these art's had core features that work with and without overly malicious techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by M-Tri View Post
                                not to mention disease and blood pathogens... biting is just fucking stupid, and it should be an absolute last resort of desperation only. unless you already have every disease and blood pathogen known to man... in which case I suppose it would be a good strategy and make you super-deadly.
                                I guess hepatitis and HIV is the actual kill-you-in-a-decade dim mak. :ninja2:
                                Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X