No announcement yet.

Instant Gong Sau that lived up to the hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great thread; thanks to das and werewolf for both being open about the experience. Is all wing chun taught without contact?? that's jacked up if it's the case..no matter what style or system you train-you should see a vast improvement in skills and fighting ability within a few months..hard contact and testing/challenging the effectiveness of the theories is a necessity.
    Hopefully, others will take a second look at their training methods and discover if what they are learning is really effective.

Comment

Don't bother asking that question. The Wing Chun community is different among every single school and student.

Some spar, some don't, some just have a different definition of sparring altogether. This will inevitably lead to some argument about lineage (Yip Man, Boztepe, or the like), how he or she does not train in the "real" Wing Chun, Wing Tsun, Ving Tsun,
      etc.

Asking one question about Wing Chun will lead to students of the styles to argue over what the style is, redundant answers, strawman theories, and just pointless bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Eyes View Post
        Don't bother asking that question. The Wing Chun community is different among every single school and student.

Some spar, some don't, some just have a different definition of sparring altogether. This will inevitably lead to some argument about lineage (Yip Man, Boztepe, or the like), how he or she does not train in the "real" Wing Chun, Wing Tsun, Ving Tsun,
        etc.

Asking one question about Wing Chun will lead to students of the styles to argue over what the style is, redundant answers, strawman theories, and just pointless bullshit.
        That can probably be said about most stand-up styles though.

Comment

Not on the scale of Wing Chun.

Ask one question, expect an army of Chunners arguing among one another.

Comment

Originally posted by thatrugbyguy View Post
            Well that way we can repackage the video and market it outside the martial arts community to...other interest groups.

Anyways, I've seen sucker punches, soccer kicks, weapons, hair pulling, and groin shots work in a fight. Unless I count ill fated attempts by Tyson or Gourdeau, I have yet to see biting work. The only reliable account of biting in a fight that I have read was a groin bite being countered with mount to GNP to stab repeatedly in the neck.
            Maybe I just haven't been exposed to the proper kung fu biting?
            YouTube- Paul Vunak

proper biting technique for teh str33tz.

Comment

Great vids. wonder if he'll come around to something practical. first takedown was pretty dope.

Comment

OK, you micks better have this go down and get it on video. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW MUCH YOU HAVE TO GET THIS ON VIDEO.

This will be Gong Sau 2009.

Comment

2009 is shaping up to be the year of challenging Wing Chun practitioners in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by kungfu-alex View Post
                    I'll fight you on the 28'th then, but without the eye gauges and biting it will be a waterd down version of a real fight, what If I can simulate eye and biting attacks? Also would you be prepared to lift the mats and spar on a hard floor?
                    I think simulating eye gouging and biting would be a lot worse for realism than just not allowing them - what are we going to do, stop when you look like you "could" bite me and give you 5 points or something?

We can lift the mats if you want, but as others said who is that going to benefit more, the person going for the takedown or the person getting taken down?

Comment

Originally posted by Christmoose View Post
                      I think simulating eye gouging and biting would be a lot worse for realism than just not allowing them - what are we going to do, stop when you look like you "could" bite me and give you 5 points or something?

We can lift the mats if you want, but as others said who is that going to benefit more, the person going for the takedown or the person getting taken down?
                      Remove the mats, let him learn the hard way.

I'm hoping DTT makes some ridiculous request, but he's been pretty good. Wanna trade chun chun opponents? Yours sounds more fun than mine. Mine is just an idiot.

WONDER TWIN POWERS UNITE!

Comment

I don't think this will happen.

Comment

Kungfu-Alex reads like a bad troll.
                          Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
                          Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Comment

That Paul Vunak video makes no sense. He goes for a bite and immediately loses mount then claims that is better for life and death situations? What ever happened to situational awareness?

Comment

Originally posted by socratic View Post
                              Kungfu-Alex reads like a bad troll.
                              Reads like a troll, acts like a troll, it's probably a dicktucker.

Though the grand prize for the 2009 Dicktucking Championships is still hotly contested for Novell "Black Taoist" Bell and Mahaliel "Sensei Mo" Bethea

Comment

Lol @ dicktucking championship, Sirc what happened with DTT? I tried to search for a thread but couldn't find anything.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X