Instant Gong Sau that lived up to the hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whathappened View Post
    Not with WC. Ashihara, done them to death. By death, I mean full contact 4x 5 minute rounds 1min break, twice a week lessons. Required to execute "technique of the day" or no stoppage/time out. Then 2x 5min rounds with the instructor.
    Now that's a school. I'm quite envious.

Comment

A year that is long even if the sparring is hard, I was sparring with my sifu after a couple of months full contact! Never did timed rounds though, just until we got tired, the timed rounds probably better though for intensity.

Still no reply from Alex then, well he had the talk alright, doesn't look good

Comment

Well I finally got through it all. Interesting thread. I have to say, I've seen and used the bjj vs wing chun vid on multiple occasionas to show my fellow kung fu brothers the dangers of grappling. I had always hoped that the wing chun fighter in the video would learn from his experience and get better at using his style. I always wondered what happned to that guy afterwards as I never saw any video of him after that.

It is slightly dissapointing to me to know that he gave it up and decided to persue other arts. However, I wish him luck and hope he found what he was lookign for in his training. Props to you moose for helping him find something he's more confident with and also good luck with your gong sao even with kung fu alex. He does not sound realistically intersted in meeting with you but ya never know.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
          Wow I just wow. I yeah wow. How long did you wait to spar before?
          1st lesson, evaluation sparring with instructor with previous style.
          2nd lesson onwards, spar with stuff we learned in class.

Comment

Originally posted by shaolin pimp View Post

Still no reply from Alex then, well he had the talk alright, doesn't look good
            Its called having a life, its x-mas ffs and I have important familly stuff to attend to. After the 28'th I will shut you all up for good, is that what you want to hear?

Comment

Originally posted by Christmoose View Post
              Yeah we train there. Its normal judo mats. There'll be as many people as turn up to training, i find it highly unlikely you're going to show so i'm not going to tell my friends they cant come train. Hush hush? Man up. This is a video of me losing the final of the absolute blue belt division in the irish bjj open. I lose in about 20 seconds. I still posted it. In the extremely unlikely event you turn up and fight me i'll post the video regardless of what happens.

YouTube- Irish BJJ Open Blue Absolute Final

And jesus dude is the only way your kung fu works striking to the groin? That's real badass.
              I'll fight you on the 28'th then, but without the eye gauges and biting it will be a waterd down version of a real fight, what If I can simulate eye and biting attacks? Also would you be prepared to lift the mats and spar on a hard floor?

Comment

Originally posted by kungfu-alex View Post
                I'll fight you on the 28'th then, but without the eye gauges and biting it will be a waterd down version of a real fight, what If I can simulate eye and biting attacks? Also would you be prepared to lift the mats and spar on a hard floor?
                How do you simulate biting? Are you going to lick him?

Comment

Originally posted by Chimaira View Post
                  This just proves my point that many people have never fought with NO rules at all. Unless you have all variables of fighting then you may as well not fight at all. Just like me fighting a bjj guy and saying : well no takedowns

Comment

Well good point mate! you got me there alright lol, no one is anti kung fu, it's anti the so deadly talk, you don't want to lift the mats, getting slammed or hard takedown could seriuosly injure you, just spar, and levae without any serious injury.

I still doubt you'll show, I'm not being an asshole, but really man, this some proper larping

Comment

I was surfing for kung fu related material and I came across this, I felt I had to reply. What you see here is not real kung fu, it is a young apprentice who has no knowledge of what 'real' kung fu is. The matter of the fact is is that the wrestling guy probably wouldn't have lasted more than a minute with a real kung fu practitioner. I mean, groin strikes, throat strikes, hair pulling, biting, eye gauging, all coming at you from the same time, and even if i get taken to the ground, my attacks can still continue relentlessly there as well. I see a frightening trend these days in martial arts, the tenancy to place much too much emphasis on groundfighting when the real challenges lie in fighting on your feet, close quarters, multiple attackers. What if you get one guy down, the other one will just kick you in the throat and then punch you in the spine, these techniques are not allowed in any of the so called fighting styles which rely on wrestling to win. How can you defend those techniques if you are not prepared for them?
                      Just my two cents!

Greetings from a fellow martial artist,

Alex

Here, let me tell you what I see in the above post:

What you see here is not real kung fu, it is a young apprentice who has no knowledge of what 'real' kung fu is.
                      Yep, if you are talking about yourself I wholeheartedly agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimaira View Post
                        Well that way we can repackage the video and market it outside the martial arts community to...other interest groups.

Anyways, I've seen sucker punches, soccer kicks, weapons, hair pulling, and groin shots work in a fight. Unless I count ill fated attempts by Tyson or Gourdeau, I have yet to see biting work. The only reliable account of biting in a fight that I have read was a groin bite being countered with mount to GNP to stab repeatedly in the neck.
                        Maybe I just haven't been exposed to the proper kung fu biting?

Comment

kungfu alex i want you to try something. I want you to bite your forearm with as much pressure as you can muster. No no I am serious, unless you have jaw muscles of the gods all that is going to do is bruise and leave a funky mark on your skin.

Do you know what that's going to do? It is just going to piss off your competitor and he'll just makes things REALLY uncomfortable for you. So biting =! takedowns, stop drinking the kool-aid and start looking at things intelligently. Start asking questions, such as 'how much damage does biting really do?' or 'how do get my fingers into a eye that is possibly closed/too far away/moving?'. Do you get my drift?

Also even if you managed to convince him to the lift the mats for you, you wouldn't want it. Your anti-grapple will not work and you could seriously get hurt.

p.s. lifting the mats is a big no-no for a lot gyms, insurance, liabilty, you know real world stuff...

Comment

Let's put something out there okay?

Kung fu doesn't teach biting, douchebags teach biting as an end all be all kungfu technqiue. The biting I learned in kung fu was the same as kempo, TKD, Chun, and even from a friend that wrestled.

it is a cheat/bitch/emergency move for shock. We have a prime example of a BJJer using a bite to counter an alleged Kung fu Mantis eye poke. It was fucking hilarious.

Anyone here long enough saw how badly the eye poke failed.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                              it is a cheat/bitch/emergency move for shock. We have a prime example of a BJJer using a bite to counter an alleged Kung fu Mantis eye poke. It was fucking hilarious.

Anyone here long enough saw how badly the eye poke failed.
                              I'm not sure which incident this refers to, but it sounds hilarious. Link/thread?

Comment

I'll fight you on the 28'th then, but without the eye gauges and biting it will be a waterd down version of a real fight, what If I can simulate eye and biting attacks?
                                Since we're already covered my previous experience in Ashihara, here's a sweet story, I brought up "biting" as a "magic bullet", like KF-alex is using in this forum. My Asst. Instructor, a colored judo belt, Ashihara black belt 1st dan and kyokushin 2nd dan offers his shoulder to bite. I nearly dislocated my jaw and lose a few teeth trying to bite through the gi because GUESS WHAT, like fists and shins, teeth and jaw need conditioning too!

He let me bite him on the gi and also let me try using bite attacks in full contact sparring and demonstrated quite clearly, how easy it would be for him to counter and knock the living shit out of me and go to the nearest MD for a rabies shot and go home, while mr. biter is in the hospital with missing teeth and a broken face. Now I was and still do possess a strong jaw and set of teeth, I crack open walnuts/crab claws/etc with my teeth.

Thus, if kungfu alex can't produce a vid of him doing "bite" training, such as biting on a rolling pin, or a demonstration, tearing coconut husk off with his teeth, I call bullshido (Am I using the term correctly?).

Your "sifu" probably didn't even teach you how to condition bites, (rolling pin) and strategy of how and when to apply said bites, unless he or she's based on the links below

Black belt archives, featuring biting.
                                http://www.blackbeltmag.com/archives/765
                                http://www.blackbeltmag.com/archives/448

tl;dr Unless one has been training bites, one exposes his head to be punched, kneed, choked out, etc, and exposure to vernal disease in exchange for a few teeth marks, and other superficial injuries to the opponent.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X